Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2020, 04:43 AM   #1

The "C" Lights

Seeing the other thread on cleaning the dirt, dead bugs and whatever out of the "C" lights got me to thinking about mine.

One entire front light is not working and half of one of the rear lights is out.

Having read here and elsewhere that the lenses are easy to break has kept me from taking them apart to troubleshoot them.

I'd like to be able to remove the lens (hopefully without too much damage), replace the dead lights and reassemble in one shot but I have no clue what kind of lights are in there. Obviously, it's going to be some sort of LED but are they individual lights or a "rope" or strip light that I can order from Amazon? Am I going to need to order it from Entegra?

Have you replaced any of your lights?
Do you have any model numbers?
Do you have any pictures of the lights with the lenses removed?

Thanks!
NomadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2020, 10:03 AM   #2

Mike,
I've posted a recent link describing a similar issue that others have experienced while dealing with their "C" lights, in addition to a picture that, I think, Larry (LWBAZ) had posted on an earlier post identifying the location of the tabs to remove the lens.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rea...ts-513236.html
Attached Images

2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:04 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Hi everyone,

So we just had our demo day and will be taking the coach Monday from the dealership. When walking around I noticed the front C lights were not looking fabulous and was interested in replacing them with the clearer cover color (ours look slightly yellow - almost sun faded).

So my question is, does anyone have a part number for these? Do we have to order direct through Entegra.

Also, does anyone have a part number for the docking lights. The two on the passenger side are clouded -- I might try cleaning the lens but thought I'd check with the wealth of knowledge in this forum.
andygaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:23 PM   #4

Bump
sterlingb757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:40 PM   #5

Andy the C lights can be replaced as I asked my advisor at NIRVC but do not have the part number sorry.

I replaced one of my docking lights recently as water got in it. The company is ITC that makes them out of China. They’re basically a marine docking light and usually sold in pairs for right side and left side. Parts numbers 69389-L or 69389-R, the last letter corresponds to which side you need. You can get them on eBay and way cheaper then the dealer or Entegra direct. Hope this helps.
JGilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:00 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the info on the docking lights -- I'd actually found those as you said on eBay.

Regarding the C lights, the part # for those from Entegra is: 0306224.

They are sold as a pair and are $418.14.

I was able to do a successful replacement of the front C lights and will share pictures and information on doing so shortly. There are a few extra tab locations than shown in the image above and if you are careful you can remove the C lights without breaking a clip pretty easily. One thing I did note on the new C lights is that they have a gasket seal on them now vs the originals on my 2016 coach. I think this will help prevent the dirt buildup inside. I also took the time to ensure the LED's were all facing outwards for best effect.

I'll be tackling the rear C lights shortly (these are not sun yellowed so will not have to buy new) and then will post pictures and details for the removal and reinstall.

Cheers for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGilchrist View Post
Andy the C lights can be replaced as I asked my advisor at NIRVC but do not have the part number sorry.

I replaced one of my docking lights recently as water got in it. The company is ITC that makes them out of China. They’re basically a marine docking light and usually sold in pairs for right side and left side. Parts numbers 69389-L or 69389-R, the last letter corresponds to which side you need. You can get them on eBay and way cheaper then the dealer or Entegra direct. Hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:33 PM   #7

Andy

Appreciate your information and post on this issue and look forward to the material and pictures that you are going to add. That will be great information to have stored in my personal archives on Entegra problems..... I would guess that it is just a matter of time to have to confront replacing those light covers.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:46 PM   #8

Thanks for posting Andy I’d be interested in pics as well. The clearcoat on mine are peeling so I’d like to replace them.
JGilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:32 AM   #9

Any updates?
Old 02-06-2021, 03:26 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Sterling,

I’ll be tackling the rears this week for cleaning, adding gasket seal and ensuring LED’s are all facing forward and will post all details with pictures once that is done.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingb757 View Post
Any updates?
Old 02-07-2021, 05:57 AM   #11

Andy, do your rear C lights have different intensity? Our 2020 Anthem right rear C light is probably 30-40% brighter than the left one (or maybe it’s the other way around). And an Anthem a few sites away earlier this year was the opposite. Obviously it’s only apparent at night. But if yours are different intensities can you look for any physical differences in the LEDs while you are working the lenses? Thx
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygaunt View Post
Hi Sterling,

I’ll be tackling the rears this week for cleaning, adding gasket seal and ensuring LED’s are all facing forward and will post all details with pictures once that is done.

Cheers
If you’re adding gasket material around the C lights to keep them clean it won’t do you any good. The whole back of the light is open to atmosphere so anything can get into the lights. They can be sealed with a plate over the opening with just a hole for the wiring. The caps come with that area covered, but for whatever reason Entegra cuts it out and leaves the back open.
Mine are sealed and they don’t get dirty from the inside.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:01 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I did not see different intensities, but I can confirm that part of the LEDstrips were twisted on both front and back that could be a reason you are seeing that.

I just wrapped up the removal,cleaning and reinstall for the rear C’s and I’ll be posting a full write up shortly. Have to wait till it gets dark here in Apopka for a final night shot of the finished product!!!

Cheers

- Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
Andy, do your rear C lights have different intensity? Our 2020 Anthem right rear C light is probably 30-40% brighter than the left one (or maybe it’s the other way around). And an Anthem a few sites away earlier this year was the opposite. Obviously it’s only apparent at night. But if yours are different intensities can you look for any physical differences in the LEDs while you are working the lenses? Thx
Old 03-03-2021, 11:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygaunt View Post
I just wrapped up the removal,cleaning and reinstall for the rear C’s and I’ll be posting a full write up shortly. Have to wait till it gets dark here in Apopka for a final night shot of the finished product!!!

Cheers

- Andy
Any updates? Looking forward to the write up of the rear C’s
Thanks!

Tags
light, lights