Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #15

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
cucotx, I have been involved with Cities for a good number of years, and believe me a Sewer inspector is pretty high up. Can you imagine what a City or a neighborhood would smell like if he didn't do his job? I would be glad to have him inspect my coach as that is something that was missed by many sets of eye in many locations, from chassis to paint, to Entegra, to dealer and back to Entegra.
Better PDI will help. But, with the QA issues that Entegra has, a good PDI inspector will break the company. If he has the authority to reject the final product and force it back into the Production line for rework and corrections, Entegra goes broke.

May be the PDI guy can be the Canary in the Coal Mine for Entegra. He may finally convince the company to face up to the obvious. It seems to me that Entegra may benefit by implementing something like ISO 9000 quality standards into their company.
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have always been under the interpretation that the service department on ALL manufacturers coaches is the last 200 feet of the assembly line! I don't suspect that this will ever change.
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
My Anthem was built on the line about a week after Chuck 's (Brobox) during the 20 below weather and is the same model. While not error free my coach ended up better so I think there is some randomness and not necessarily an indication of a trend. The biggest fail I had was a refrigerator that did not cool, and thru much pain, had to be replaced. Maybe it failed after installation. Maybe a better QC would discover this problem before it left. I've had no issues so far with mechanical or electrical systems. The remainder of my issues are interior trim or tiles or exterior paint chips which I attribute to normal RV problems. I hope future Entegra buyers don 't read into these posts that all Entegras are stinkers. There is no flawless RV regardless of cost or brand. Hopefully people read these posts for increasing their knowledge of what to look for and how to fix it.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #18

Did they fix the sewer hose alinement? If so how did they fix it?

Thanks
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, I have to agree 100%, my build was a complete rarity for Entegra. After talking with many Entegra owners and the posts on this forum, I am totally convinced of that. Today we are VERY pleased with our purchase and the way Entegra stood behind our coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Marc,

Interesting - we both have SL's built about the same time (Based on delivery dates) and my opening is a straight shot. It's hard for me to see how that happens since I would assume there should be a template or something. I wonder if there are different templates for different floorplans and somehow you and Chuck got the wrong bay floors. That issue is just silly (Meaning it's hard to imagine that production could mess that up.)
Damn. I just assumed my setup was "normal". I guess I have a defect to complain about when I visit the factory next month
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #21
WDE

The only thing I can add to this discussion is an old axiom from Peter Drucker ... "You must build quality at every step in to a product - you can never inspect it in." After 80 years Drucker is still studied in business school.

My coach was build roughly the same time as Chuck's and Dave's and with our coach we have been very fortunate. If some one had slipped a GE or Whirlpool microwave in rather than the piece of crap Samsung all would have been perfect.
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
See, there you go! The quality problem is pervasive throughout the supply chain. Someone gets a hinky refer, it's the manufacturer's fault. Dealer doesn't inspect....manufacturer fault. All comes back to quality assurance. It's a manufacturer problem. It's a dealer problem. It's a supplier problem.

It's our problem!

The buyers have to be firm.....expect quality!

Don't settle for less!

My hat's off to Chuck and every other buyer who doesn't cave in to "that's the way it is" mentality.

Courage!

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck you said it all in the way they stand behind it and that is the difference at least for me. My last 2 coaches a 2012 and 2013 were by two different companies and neither one stood behind or could have cared less after the sale. I too am sorry to hear all you have gone through over the last several months but at least you didn't have to argue and be told "you have to expect it" like I was with my previous coach builders. Good luck in the future I'm sure you've crested the hill that won't be repeated in the future. I am confident that Tadd will be making changes sooner than later. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, did you ever think about letting that Seneca delivery driver drive your MH??
Glad things are working out. We will need to compare Entegra stories around a campfire some day.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:33 AM   #25

Quality

It has always been amazing to me the shape and condition of RV's that I've seen at both dealers lots and RV shows; cracked TV's. missing wood trim, broken furniture, and electronic faceplates not plumb ... to list a few. And these are clearly surface defects, with many more gremlins clearly waiting hidden away in the plumbing, wiring and chassis ... based on so many different forum comments, regardless of brand.

You hear so many excuses too, these are complicated, we don't build as many as the car companies, we are integrators not manufacturers, etc.

Something is broken in the RV industry.
Renegade George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:22 AM   #26

My wife and myself have been close to Chuck and Karen during this long and painful trip. We felt extremely bad watching their hopes and dreams get destroyed with the discoveries of all the flaws and the disappointments. The dealer, Lazy Days, should be ashamed of their actions as they worked hard at covering up the flaws and their mistakes along with their bold faced lies. Hopefully enough people will have read Chucks postings to hit Lazy Days in the pocket, as that is the only way to get rid of bad, unethical dealers. It's simple, just don't buy from them, then they will have to change or go out of business. There are many other quality dealers to pick from in purchasing an Entegra. We were along side Chuck and Karen at the factory and observed how they were dealt with. After seeing Joyce and staff and the techs bring their coach back to life we were proud of them and our decision to have bought an Entegra. To finally see Chuck and Karen smile was truly wonderful. They handled a horrible situation perfectly and as the end result they are very happy. We are proud to call Chuck and Karen dear friends.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
I also applaud Chuck and his DW for their patience.

While I know some folks enjoy Lazy Days I previously had a below average experience with them when I bought my Monaco there and I chose not to buy there with my Entegra.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Reading posts on this forum and some others, it seem that Lazydays in Tampa, and Lazydays in Tucson are way different. While we still haven't taken delivery on our coach yet, Lazydays Tucson has been great to deal with. I hope that will continue through the delivery process.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote