RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
The New Baby's Home

So the rapid round trip from TX to FL is over and the new Aspire 44B is resting on its new home pad site in TX. We found several minor things during the PDI and 2 things cropped up on the way back but overall it was a very impressive new coach with incredible fit and finish.

The 2 things that appeared on the way home is a metallic rattle in the front door around the latch area, and a check engine (warning) light that doesn't want to go away. Actually the light came on leaving the dealership (Orlando RV) but they didn't have the diagnostic tool to dump the code so had no way to determine what it was. Talked to Joyce and she assured us the warning version of the check engine light was safe to drive home on as long as all fluids were up to snuff and no other issues cropped up.

In fact we made it just fine and averaged right at 9 MPG (on computer) at 65 MPH on cruise control in Economy trans mode. I was pleased.

Having been in it full time for 2 weeks now, I thought I would report on some of the things I had seen here on IRV2 and if they are still a factor. For reference our coach has a construction date of mid Jan 2014.

Microwave: This is an incredible machine and has not exhibited any craziness whatsoever. I love the porcelain enameled interior and and browning element in the top. The controls are simple and it even has LED lights underneath. It is miles beyond my previous Sharp.

Aquahot: All I can say is wow. I have yet to turn on the propane except for a test, and can take long showers on just the electric. This was one of our bigger worries as propane isn't cheap and the thoughts of using it year round were a bit unnerving. So if you haven't used one, don't fear it. I take a 20 minute shower, never turning off the water and have water too hot to touch when I am done.

Sleep Number Bed: This is one we had received bad reviews on from very close friends. That just goes to show people are different. We absolutely love it. I can't remember when I have slept so good!

Washer / Dryer: Another one that we have yet to have anything work other than flawlessly. The washer is pretty incredible as a matter of fact. We were amazed at the speed of the spin cycle and the fact that it didn't completely crush everything. Leaves little work for the dryer. We did our king sheets and pillowcases as a single load and it worked fine. My wife is very pleased.

LED Lights: Our coach came with 100% LEDs, even in the sconces. I had expected to have to do some conversions. We also have "touch" lights over the bed and the couch. I had not heard these mentioned so was happily surprised.

HDMI Multiplexer: OMG this was a cool touch I also didn't expect. They thought ahead enough to put an extra HDMI IN jack in the fireplace so we plugged our DVR in there and only need the one for all of our TVs. So much better than our coach where all we had was the old coax switcher.

Central Vac: Another good surprise. Given the size of the unit and the expected loss of suction going through all the plumbing, we had low expectations. It is anything but weak and does everything we need. And due to parking in a sand pit and them brining my power cored in dirty, I have already used the basement vac port. Just too cool. BTW, the long hose and basement port will also reach my car!

Basement Storage: Another wow. I understand this is 5' longer than my 40' HR but we lose the two bins behind the rear wheels because of emissions stuff. I thought it would be a tough trade off. Not at all. It really is taller and much wider. We have tons of space. And I love that all doors hinge separately. ON the HR we had center swing doors where you had to open the right one to open the left one. This is sweet!

Maxx Air Fans: These were reported to be very noisy. I have to disagree. I mean I can't measure CFMs at DB levels, but these are as quiet as anything I have had at lower speeds and suck like crazy at higher speeds. I also like the remote control (except it is mounted out of range in the master). Not sure it means anything but they replaced both of my fan motors before I left. I never got to hear them before the replacement, so can't say if they changed. I just know I am very satisfied with them.

General Stuff: I LOVE the front seats. They are incredible! The GPS completely blows away anything I have tried from Garmin. If it had traffic coverage it would be the absolute ultimate. My wife loves having the GPS on the overhead screen too. I was not aware the front sofa bed had an air mattress, and it's really a nice one. The tile work in incredible. I work for a builder and we push contractors hard to get this level of quality. The ride, handling, quietness and acceleration are everything I expected.

As you can see, I am super happy with my Entegra. About the only real disappointment I have is that they couldn't come up with some way of diverting the love bugs. Man was it a mess when I got home!

If any of you out there are looking/considering an Aspire 44B and have specific questions, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll be glad to tell you what I can.

Now I can't wait for the next trip!!
HR-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulation and best of luck with your new coach.

The rattle in your door latch may be a loose latching post on the door frame. I had such a rattle and all I had to do was tighten (not over-tighten) the latching post with a wrench.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on your new coach and an uneventful and pleasurable first two weeks. We look forward to meeting you on the road sometime in the future.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry, Cindy and Roxy
Glad to hear the good report from your delivery and your happiness with your coach. When you get a chance how about some pics. Inside and out.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Nice write-up. Our experience and feelings about our Anthem are similar to yours. You must have been at Orlando RV about the same time as we were. We took delivery on May 8th and left the lot late on the 9th after moving our stuff from the old motor home. Congratulations and enjoy the motor home!
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #6

Terry/Cindy& Roxy..congrats.on the new Aspire. Great to hear of your trip home & the excitement you obviously have in your purchase. Safe travels...
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations!!! We just returned home from Entegra last night with ours and experienced much the same as you did. Although I was glad I took a new Garmin as a backup GPS. I also spent several hours cleaning love bugs and road dirt off. I also found the Maxx Fans even more quite that our previous Fantastic Fan. The location in the back bath and 1/2 bath move the air nicely and cannot be heard in the salon.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the family -- hope to link up down the road.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts/experiences.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #9

New coaches and new owners

I hope one thing you never have to fix is the BIG GRINS on your faces!
Many happy miles ahead for all you new owners.

And Happy Memorial to All That Served. Thank you.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Great to hear that things are going well and your trip was a success. Your write up was fun to read as we are having the same positive experiences with our Aspire 44U which we picked up from Orlando RV a week before you.

In my HDMI port I put in a Roku Streaming Stick and have been able to watch either HBO/Go, Netflix, Amazon Video or even YouTube on all 4 TVs at the same time. (Same program on all 4 TVs running off a Verizon MiFi)

Entegra CS has been great and they have set up a local RV repair facility to take care of some minor warranty work. I'm sure they can do the same for you in the Valley.

Hope to see you on the road soon.

Paul & JoAnn Lozano
Entegra Aspire 44U
San Antonio, Texas
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #11

Got ours a week before you and have all the same sentiments!!!
Hope to see you on the road!!
Good luck and Blue Skies
MS DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Congratulation and best of luck with your new coach.

The rattle in your door latch may be a loose latching post on the door frame. I had such a rattle and all I had to do was tighten (not over-tighten) the latching post with a wrench.
Interesting... I just checked the post and it is absolutely loose... I can move it around and it makes a similar sound. So that should be tight?
Old 05-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #13

The post should move up and down freely. That is the autolock you hear when the transmission is put in drive. It should not move around as in circles.
Phil_Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Update after 3 weeks

I am still very much in love with this coach. Just about everything does what it is supposed to and does it pretty well.

We talked to Joyce who sent us to Spartan on the Check Engine Code. They walked me through how to read the code from the dash read out. Duh! I was a little disappointed that the RV One Orlando team didn't know how to do that. Anyway, it's an air intake pre-heater that is only supposed to operate below 40 degrees. Spartan said no issue driving it, and even offered to set up an appointment for me somewhere along the way on my next trip out. Way cool.

We noticed last night that the rope lights under the fireplace don't come on any more... or we can't figure oout how to turn them on. I had assumed they came on with the ones under the kitchen but never realy checked that to be sure. I removed the side panel and can see that the light wires are completely separate from the fireplace so must go to the multiplexer. We turned on every light in the place and nothing turned them on.

I also discovered that when playing Pandora (streaming music) on my iPhone via Bluetooth through the radio, and playing it through the Bose systems, the front Bose system cuts in and out. It doesn't do that for any other type of audio, including Pandora when I plug my iPhone into the iPod doc. That one has me scratching my head, but again it is very minor.

Also a minor quirk is that if the light strings that have both dimmers and touch lights (Couch Overhead) are dimmed even a little, the touch on/off by touching the light fixture doesn't work. And if you take them to full brightness, turn off the touch ones, then try to dim the string, the touch lights come on again. It would not matter at all except the touch lights are pure white rather than the muted off white of the rest. So they are great for reading, but a bit obnoxious for regular lighting.

On the good side we have been amazed with the black tank capacity. Our old HR had the same sized tank and we could go exactly 7 days. At 7 days with the Aspire we were at 52% on the guage. I can only assume the toilets in this unit are more water consious than the HR was. It's a nice surprise though.

We also installed our new Magna Shades on the front and front side windows. We had a similar set on the HR that were made by a local shop, but the MS's work just as well and give better visibility through them. You have to look twice from inside to realize they are there, and they are completely opaque from the outside. Very nice product and very easy to install.

This weekend I will be installing my surge protector. Looks pretty simple on this unit. Had a friend tell me they got fried at a resort in LA. They had been plugged in for over a month and all of a sudden it went dark and smelled of burning rubber. He ran outside and pulled the plug from the pedestal and the prongs had melted and fell out of the cord. Said it fried his inside breaker panel too. Ugh!

Thats the latest... and thanks for all the warm wishes!