Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #15

We now have 50,000 miles on our 2014 Anthem 44B. It is still substantially quieter than our last SOB (38' pusher) motorhome was when brand new.

Remember to ALWAYS have the Park Brake engaged before opening the door. Over the long term if you open the door against the pneumatic, it will open, but over time it will degrade its performance.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2016, 04:58 PM   #16

I have to say we feel our anthem rides great with minimal wind noise... 8,000 miles on it so we have driven it..
There is a bit of wind noise through my driver window seal that's noticeable. Not bad but there.. ( pdi in August should take care of that) our door area is fine and tight. We are lucky as most coaches this is the most noticeable area for wind. We do have a rattle on our door awning that gets going bad... Touch the button a bit to release and it goes away. Another pdi item...
I am super tempted in doing the Konis up front. Per the post owners are saying it improves the ride even more.. I am sure I am going to do them but I am in no hurry as I feel it rides great now. I have owned 3 other diesel pushers and the Entegra is by far the tightest and quietest ... Jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:44 PM   #17

The Quietest Riding Best Handling Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
Being that new I'm wondering what they are running for tire pressures. I continue to meet new folks with new coaches where the dealer has 130psi all around. :( :(

Hello to a fellow Monaco owner!
Mine had 115 all around when I bought it. I assume it was easier for the dealer.
I'm guessing you also have the RR10S chassis. Mine has 56K without a blip and the ride is still quiet and amazingly smooth, even on PA freeways! I have had experts tell me that the stock shocks are good for much more than 100K miles. I don't know the brand, but hope they can be available to ECC owners. Do you know the brand, and have you had any issues with them?

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #18

I had an 03 Monaco Camelot, which I purchased new. Great coach! It had Monroe shocks from the factory, changed to bilsteins @ 64,000 miles. I really should have changed them sooner, but a much better ride on the Bilsteins.. I can say without hesitation the Roadmaster chasis was an excellent ride, however, my Entegra is quieter & a smoother ride. JMO .. Safe travels
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:11 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Koni's on the front make a world of difference.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Chris View Post
We have put about 2500 miles on our new 2017 Anthem in our first month of ownership. I'm very interested to hear from those of you who have owned one for two or more years how the quiet ride and handling have held up. We came across Pa. this week and I'm amazed at how rough the ride was on the interstates. I'm surprised something did not break. Also, there seems to be more air noise around the door at interstate speeds than when we left Atlanta.

On smooth roads it's terrific but I'm concerned about long term impact on ride quality because their seems to be more rough roads than smooth in our country today. What should I expect going forward?
[Moderator Edit] Attend an RV show where most MFG's offer test drives. Don't drive where they want you to drive, pick out a somewhat lousy road you very may well end up driving on in your adventures.
Drive a Tiffin, Entegra, Newmar or Fleetco. If you are anything like us, you will find Newmar builds the best driving RV in the industry. Not for good conditions, but for the roads and windy conditioons we will run into over our travels. Try before you buy, talk is cheap!!!
jmon129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:34 PM   #21

[Moderator Edit] Newmar or Entegra, or whatever! If you are in this class, money wise, sorry, it's all very comparable. If you want the next level, we're talking Prevost/Newell/Foretravel. And that assumes you can afford that. I love my coach, and I'm sure most on this forum do too. If you hate Entegra/Jayco, get a Newmar!
Old 06-11-2016, 05:37 AM   #22

Very odd post as I drove both Newmar and Entegra. Liked the Entegra much better than the Newmar. Both are great coaches and I guess it is a matter of preference. We are on our second Entegra coach and due to the quality and responsiveness of the customer service department I can;t see getting anything else. Not sure why someone would want to stir up the pot with a post like I just read. We all have the same hobby, lifestyle and interests so why cast stones? I hope everyone has smooth roads and great weather no matter what coach you drive.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:03 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
John, we park next to other brand owners in parks all the time. They are the nicest people in person, but let them on a forum and something weird happens.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:13 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hello to a fellow Monaco owner!
Mine had 115 all around when I bought it. I assume it was easier for the dealer.
I'm guessing you also have the RR10S chassis. Mine has 56K without a blip and the ride is still quiet and amazingly smooth, even on PA freeways! I have had experts tell me that the stock shocks are good for much more than 100K miles. I don't know the brand, but hope they can be available to ECC owners. Do you know the brand, and have you had any issues with them?

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
112k on the clock and still loving it. It came with Konis all around (optioned) and has 315's on the front. GREAT RIDE... and I ride in a lot of new coaches doing lessons.

EDIT
PS...I didn't look to see how far sideways this post had gone. NOT saying better or worse just responded to a question. Perhaps Mods could move these two over to Monaco section, Thanks
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:34 AM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Please discuss the issue and refrain from personal attacks on other members. Thanks.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:43 AM   #26

Mike and Chris

I have to believe that there is something wrong with the set up of your coach. I have previously owned what most people thought was probably the best built coach in the industry 10 years ago..... a Monaco Dynasty. My 15 Anthem is a much better ride than my Dynasty, and I have no complaints. Virtually, nothing in our coach jiggles or rattles as we move down the road. It is quiet and it is smooth. Hit a bridge seam and get some noise.... yes, but continuous rattles and noise, no.

Now, I wonder about two things..... air bag inflation and tire inflation. Most of us run 125 steers (actually, much of the time, my steers are 120), 85 drive, and 85 or 80 on the tag. I suspicion someone has overfilled all your tires. If you are running much higher than 85 on the drive and tag, you are going to get a needlessly rough ride.

The second problem is that you may not be aired up correctly. I made this mistake several times when I first bought the coach. There is a simple, but very important process about getting the coach up to proper ride height. I didnt do it right one time and got a ride down an interstate that was terrible. The problem was that my coach was not up to ride height. You have to let it build pressure correctly. The way that I check it now is that I slide my hand between the top of the front tires and the chassis. The first time I screwed this up, there was very little space between the top of the tire and the chassis and the ride was really terrible. There should be maybe 3 or 4" above the top of the tire..... if it is not, then I know I have to repeat the process. I would bet money that you are not doing the process correctly. I sometimes have to repeat the process two times to get it right. Its a matter of jacks, how long the diesel has been running, and when the jacks are raised and how long it takes the coach to rise into road position. The coach will raise in very small increments. You can hear it, and if you concentrate closely watching some object outside, you will see the coach inching up. It probably inches up 10 or 15 times before it gets to proper ride height. You can see it easily outside or by watching the separation between the tire and the chassis. There was a card which described the process on the coach and there have been threads on here that deal with the specifics of how to do the process, but if it is as bad as you say, then my bet is you are doing something wrong, particularly if you are a new owner.

Call CS and have them walk you through the process while you are doing it.

Also, you DO have to sort of slam the door. They call it a two stage door. If you just close it, you get stage one. If you firmly close it, you get 2 and then the seal is able to fully seal.

I was born in PA many years ago and went to college down I-80 and it has a reputation for being a terrible road. Last fall, I did I-80 virtually from one side to the other, and I was completely amazed at how quiet and nice the ride was on my Anthem. If yours was terrible, then something was wrong. You need to figure out what it is.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:46 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
I am a former Monaco owner. I think Monacos are great coaches. Matter of fact I recommend them to friends looking in the used market. My Entegra handles much better and is a lot quieter.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:12 AM   #28

And I want to thank the monitors for doing their job and keeping this iRV2 forum civil and constructive. There are people who want to take it another direction. Thanks guys and girls !!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test