Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2021, 11:50 PM   #1

Theater seating

Has anyone taken the theater seating out and replaced it with two recliners? How did it work out? Happy? What did you do with the theater seating? Is the theater seating hard to take out? Thinking of doing this and saw a motorized swivel recliner BarcaLounger that was comfortable.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2021, 07:52 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I had to partially take mine out to get to a plug that had disconnected under and towards the back (grandkids used the awning pull down rod to retrieve a toy ). Looks pretty straight forward to me. Just a few bolts, unplug the power, and pull it out.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I took out my theater seating and gave it away. I decided to charge what it was worth! It comes out in pieces, not difficult, basically 4 bolts per section plus bolts holding the storage section. I replaced it with high back Lambright recliner sectional. We love it! Depending on your floorplan, your problem potentially will be getting enough floor to fit the recliners. Regular recliners have a pretty big footprint plus their backs are tilted a lot even without the recline. Think of it as a cube. My sofa is installed on the short slide so it needed additional floor rollers that Lambright supplied. Even the 30” slide may not be enough for a standard recliner. Do lots and lots of measuring. Then measure it again to consider how it will travel when the slides are closed up. I also raised the window shade and lambrequin to clear the tilting back of the recliners.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I took out my theater seating and gave it away. I decided to charge what it was worth! It comes out in pieces, not difficult, basically 4 bolts per section plus bolts holding the storage section. I replaced it with high back Lambright recliner sectional. We love it! Depending on your floorplan, your problem potentially will be getting enough floor to fit the recliners. Regular recliners have a pretty big footprint plus their backs are tilted a lot even without the recline. Think of it as a cube. My sofa is installed on the short slide so it needed additional floor rollers that Lambright supplied. Even the 30” slide may not be enough for a standard recliner. Do lots and lots of measuring. Then measure it again to consider how it will travel when the slides are closed up. I also raised the window shade and lambrequin to clear the tilting back of the recliners.
HA! You bought the 100" Harrison, right? We bought the same sofa at Braddocks and Hall this June. It's super comfy.

OP, Yes, it's pretty much straight forward. I pulled my factory sofa in this coach and also in my Anthem. I gave both away, like Nowbeachbum
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #5

I've got the three section theater seats in my Cornerstone and am definitely not impressed with the comfort. Hard to understand how those theater recliners could be so same uncomfortable.... They have to be comfortable for someone (??!!??) but not my 5'4" wife of my own 5'9" frame..... Not comfortable for us and terrible for watching TV that is not projected onto the ceiling.... Don't they design furniture for the "average American" and try it in the situation and location where it is intended to be used?

Looked at replacements but will probably lay out $5K for RetroBands before I lay out for new seats ($5K also).... cheaper just not to watch TV. --

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Love the “charge what it’s worth” statement. That hits how I feel exactly. It’s funny…it seems like the furniture would be comfortable and good quality. It’s not, at least for me, although the wife likes it OK. We’ve had our Anthem for around 3 1/2 years and I pretty much never sit in the theater seats. I either sit in the driver seat or the dining room seating.

We happened to be at Costco and they had a recliner on display, I sat in it and loved it. For around a grand I could have a seat that I could actually use. I was originally going to do like you and wait until we were back in Indiana and go to Lambright, we visited their showroom and loved a number of their chairs and sofas. 20/20 hindsight…should have ordered it when we were there three years ago.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I've got the three section theater seats in my Cornerstone and am definitely not impressed with the comfort. Hard to understand how those theater recliners could be so same uncomfortable.... They have to be comfortable for someone (??!!??) but not my 5'4" wife of my own 5'9" frame..... Not comfortable for us and terrible for watching TV that is not projected onto the ceiling.... Don't they design furniture for the "average American" and try it in the situation and location where it is intended to be used?

Looked at replacements but will probably lay out $5K for RetroBands before I lay out for new seats ($5K also).... cheaper just not to watch TV. --

Gary
Gary,

Agree with you totally. Entegra demographic includes a lot of folks just like me…a little older, a little overweight, maybe some back issues. This seating is not appropriate for someone with those issues, at least not me.

Sure wish stopping TV was an option, I could also cut Direct TV and at least one hot spot. That’s another couple grand a year.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
HA! You bought the 100" Harrison, right? We bought the same sofa at Braddocks and Hall this June. It's super comfy.

OP, Yes, it's pretty much straight forward. I pulled my factory sofa in this coach and also in my Anthem. I gave both away, like Nowbeachbum
It’s interesting to see how many people who buy a coach upwards of half a million dollars and find the furniture so bad they need to replace it.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #9

what's the advantage in going to brand & hall vs Lambright when ordering and having theater seating installed?
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:20 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
what's the advantage in going to brand & hall vs Lambright when ordering and having theater seating installed?

There is none that I’m aware of. It’s more a matter of where you are at. We went to Lambright because we were at Middlebury getting service. The most important aspect is going somewhere you can butt test it!
For those that are unhappy with your seating, I don’t know what you are waiting for! You will fall in love with your coach all over again!
Old 08-03-2021, 04:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
Brad and Hall will remove and install. Not sure if Lampright does that.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:33 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Brad and Hall will remove and install. Not sure if Lampright does that.

Lambright will as well
Old 08-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #13
The Taj

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygge View Post
It’s interesting to see how many people who buy a coach upwards of half a million dollars and find the furniture so bad they need to replace it.
You think that’s bad. You should see how much new furniture we had to buy for the new house because the old stuff ( which was fine in the old house), needed to be replaced because it didn’t go with the new wall colors

2008 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QRP (traded in)
The Taj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:06 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taj View Post
You think that’s bad. You should see how much new furniture we had to buy for the new house because the old stuff ( which was fine in the old house), needed to be replaced because it didn’t go with the new wall colors

DW told me that it was a rule! New house, new furniture! Who’s goin argue with a rule! Not me!

Tags
heat, heater, seat