Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #1

Thermostat

Anyone know where to find the thermostat sensor for the number 2 heat pump on a 2012 Anthem 42rbq? Found #1 and #3 sensors. Can't find out where #2 is???
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Anyone know where to find the thermostat sensor for the number 2 heat pump on a 2012 Anthem 42rbq? Found #1 and #3 sensors. Can't find out where #2 is???
No, but where did you find the others.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Look in the half bath at the base of the vanity. In the toe kick there is a large metal grill. Look in there. Right where you would expect it to be!
They put it there to contol the floor heat but sure makes it tuff on the air conditioner especially if you keep the bathroom door closed!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
On the bathroom floor? In our Aspire RBQ, it's in the kitchen on the wall between kitchen counter and washer/dryer. Just at counter height. Only problem I have with that location is that I have to really watch my temperature settings. I keep my coffee pot - with it's constantly hot reservoir of water - on the counter right beside the sensor. Have to keep the thermostat for #2 set substantially higher than #1 and 3 because of that. #1 is up on the side of the trim box directly over from the passenger's seat reading light. #3 is on the bedroom wall to the left of the door leading to the back bathroom.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem DEQ, front is on the back of the wood riser beside passenger chair about a foot from ceiling. Area 3 is on the front of the slide about 6" to the right and about 2/3rds of the way up the wall from the installed wall design.

Baffled on area 2. On the other hand, it is not clear to me how area 2 works for heat, and don't think right now I'm ready to be enlightened.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Anthem DEQ, front is on the back of the wood riser beside passenger chair about a foot from ceiling. Area 3 is on the front of the slide about 6" to the right and about 2/3rds of the way up the wall from the installed wall design.

Baffled on area 2. On the other hand, it is not clear to me how area 2 works for heat, and don't think right now I'm ready to be enlightened.
Ah... So that's what those things are. On my Anthem DLQ, the front and bedroom sensors are in the same places as yours. Not sure where the other is but I will find it when I get the coach back from the shop.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Well I think that is them, based on the other posts, Tom, but heck, what do I know.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
On the bathroom floor? In our Aspire RBQ, it's in the kitchen on the wall between kitchen counter and washer/dryer. Just at counter height. Only problem I have with that location is that I have to really watch my temperature settings. I keep my coffee pot - with it's constantly hot reservoir of water - on the counter right beside the sensor. Have to keep the thermostat for #2 set substantially higher than #1 and 3 because of that. #1 is up on the side of the trim box directly over from the passenger's seat reading light. #3 is on the bedroom wall to the left of the door leading to the back bathroom.
I have a question into Entegra as to how they expect the heat pump to heat properly (a/c to cool) when the air is blown in from the ceiling. For heating purposes, the other two sensors are 1/2 way up the wall, which makes sense, but not to put the sensor for #2 on the floor, it also needs to be 1/2 way up wall. We'll see if they will put one in while still under warranty.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
On the Aspire DEQ the #2 sensor in in the vent on the floor inside the cold air return under the hutch. Not the best place. We are having ours moved up that hutch wall to about 50" from the floor. We could not regulate the heat/cooling from the current location. Hence the move.
dianestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestew View Post
On the Aspire DEQ the #2 sensor in in the vent on the floor inside the cold air return under the hutch. Not the best place. We are having ours moved up that hutch wall to about 50" from the floor. We could not regulate the heat/cooling from the current location. Hence the move.
Could you explain how/where you are running the wire. Are you running it inside the hutch on the right side. I'd bet Anthem DEQ is in the same place. May also explain why mid-coach electric heating is so poor using the heat pump???
Old 03-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Could you explain how/where you are running the wire. Are you running it inside the hutch on the right side. I'd bet Anthem DEQ is in the same place. May also explain why mid-coach electric heating is so poor using the heat pump???
Yes please..would like to do same to our coach to make heating more effective.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #12

Yes, How we need to move ours as well.
azbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I'm replying for Diane. Our rig is still at Lazy Days, but my understanding is that the wire will be run on the inside of the hutch and the sensor will be at household A/C sensor height on the inside wall by the toilet door. Might be more difficult on rigs with a fireplace amidships.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
relocating thermostat

Lazy Days suggested relocating the #2 thermostat by running the wire up the interior of the hutch on the DEQ and then coming through the wall of the hutch and mounting it on the exterior wall of the hutch at normal thermostat height. They are also going to insulate behind the #1 thermostat above the front door to decrease the amount of heat from the electronics in the panel above the door. #1 thermostat's extra heat from the electronics makes it like a meat locker sometimes in its attempt to counteract the heat from the electronics when the system is on a/c. They couldn't figure out a way to lower the sensor down to normal height and they think this will be sufficient.

Hope this is a sufficient explanation.
dianestew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat