Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2022, 03:17 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Thetford Aria Deluxe II Toilet Inop

Hoping there is a simple answer for this problem and I'm just missing it.

I discovered standing water on top of our fresh water holding tank. Directly above the tank is our mid-bath toilet. I had the wife flush the toilet and could see water dripping from the basement ceiling area, exactly where the water line and electrical wires go thru the floor to the toilet.

I replaced the foam gasket seal on the mechanism assembly and the closet flange seal. Reinstalled toilet, flushed it a couple times, and all seemed ok. Finished tightening up the mounting bolts and tried flushing the toilet again - nothing.

Called Thetford CS and got in their very long customer que and waited for a callback. When I finally talked with their representative, I told him what had transpired and that I had checked the .4 Amp slow blow fuse, and it was ok. I also had verified that there is 11.8 volts coming from the 2 wires coming thru the floor at the back of the toilet. I had also verified that the 10 Amp fuse in the G5 panel, F-16 labeled as Electric Toilet, was good. He suggested that the Mechanism Assembly, Part #19613 was probably the culprit. Thetford does not sell parts, you're on your own for purchasing replacement parts. Google is our friend in that regard. 2 days later and I had the new part. Installed it - no joy.

Callback to Thetford CS, more long wait for return call. New CS rep said it was doubtful the Mechanism Assembly was the problem, most likely it's the Controller Assembly, Part #28968. Amazon to the rescue again. Still no joy.

3rd call to Thetford. New person, new part. Gotta be the Keypad Flush Switch, Part #28965. Installed upon delivery - still no joy.

I called Thetford CS and after the obligatory wait, I'm pretty sure I got the first guy I talked to. Explained the process I'd been thru. His suggestion . . . . you might consider just buying a new toilet! Great help.

My next call was to Entegra CS. Probably should have stuck with Thetford. 3 different times I tried to explain the model toilet I had and each time I received information for the Tecma macerator toilet in the rear bath. I did finally get a link for the correct toilet, but it was information I already had. Link below -

https://www.thetford.com/part/aria-deluxe-ii/

I reached out to PJ via email late on Thursday. They must be closed for the 4th of July weekend, no response.

So, I have changed all the parts except for the Water Solenoid Valve which Thetford claims has nothing to do with the functioning of the mechanism. I have to assume this is true. I did a continuity check of the solenoid and it appears to be functioning. I also did a continuity check of the wiring harness, thinking maybe a bad wire or connection there. It also rang true. Just in case, I put new fuses in, the .4 Amp slow blow and the 10 Amp in the G5 panel.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas????

Thanks in advance, Brian
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2022, 03:53 AM   #2

Always check the last thing you monkeyed with before it quit working, you changed the seals so I would start checking connections and wires that could have been broken or dislodged while removing and installing the toilet.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:48 AM   #3

So is the water fresh water or black water.

I know nothing about this toilet.

Fresh water There is probably a vacuum breaker on the fresh water side. I have seen them leak all the time. Also possible loose clamp or hose with split in it.

Black water, The gasket is bad or?
Old 07-02-2022, 08:07 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
So is the water fresh water or black water.

I know nothing about this toilet.

Fresh water There is probably a vacuum breaker on the fresh water side. I have seen them leak all the time. Also possible loose clamp or hose with split in it.

Black water, The gasket is bad or?
It sounds like he corrected the water leak. The current problem is that it won't flush, which is an electrical issue. Our previous coach had the Aria II and I did have a few issues with the seal and the electronics. I repaired them but eventually just replaced it.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:19 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Does the toilet do anything when you try to flush it, do you hear it trying to work?

My toilet is very sensitive to voltage. When I'm boondocking and battery is getting low the toilet won't operate sometimes.

So with your water leak situation I check the in line fuse(if you have one) going to the toilet and make sure it dry and good connection. If you have the tools and wire you might try running a separate wire to the toilet right from the battery.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:41 AM   #6

Have you tried resetting the salesman switch? Once the wires were reconnected, maybe the computer has to catch up.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:16 AM   #7
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Iím agree you need to check the wiring from where you pulled up the toilet. You might have pulled a plug out or a connector. Also if you have spent all this time and money on parts, it might be a good idea to call a mobile tech or take it into a shop. Do you have any light on the touch pad? Have you tried to hold the flush button for 10 seconds to see if the level sensor isnít your issue?
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 06:45 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Confession time. Turns out I was checking the wrong fuse. I decided to take one more shot at trying to figure out what happened to the power. Re-read the sticker on the cabinet door in the midbath to ensure I was reading the correct fuse location. Yep, still F-16, Electric Toilet. Looked at the G5 panel again and it dawned on me I was NOT checking the F-16 fuse, I was checking the fuse marked 16 Checked the F-16 fuse and sure enough, it was blown. Replaced the fuse and I have solved half the problem. Mechanism works great, opens and closes just fine. The problem now is I don't have water. Yes, I have definitely ensured I have the water turned on.

I will call Thetford tomorrow, get in the long que, and wait for them to tell me I need to replace the Water Solenoid Valve, Part #28967. This is the only electrical component I haven't changed. I checked it with the VM and it appears to be ok so I'm not hopeful this is the cause. I plan on starting from scratch with Thetford and not tell them I've replaced all the other electrical components and just let them diagnose the problem based solely on the current issue. My guess is they will say it's the valve????

For those not familiar with the G5 panel. I've included a picture. The upper portion of the panel has all of the F series fuses, F-1 thru F-24. That's where I should have been looking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	G5 Panel.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	370084  
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:57 AM   #9

I had trouble with mine a while back becoming inoperative after I had used the fill button numerous times in a row to add water to the black tank after dumping and flushing. After I pulled the slow blow fuse on the back of the toilet, which was fine, and reconnected the fuse it started working again. I guess I caused something to overheat by using the fill button multiple times in a row?? Since then I have opened the mechanism and used a pot full of water to add water to the black tank.

Sorry, I know this does not help the OP with the issue he is having.
Old 07-04-2022, 08:19 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Roy View Post
Since then I have opened the mechanism and used a pot full of water to add water to the black tank.
Question, why not just use the black tank flush connection to add water to black tank?
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post
Question, why not just use the black tank flush connection to add water to black tank?
Later...
Ray
I was wondering if I could add water that way but there was a sticker by the connection stating that the dump valve had to be open at all times while using the flush connection. I was wondering if it would cause an overpressure condition or something? Maybe I should start another thread I do not want to hijack this one.
T_Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 10:29 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
The label is to prevent an incident like in the movie "RV". Most people will fill the black tank again after rinsing for a final rinse. Just stay there and do get distracted while filling.
Later...
Ray
Old 07-05-2022, 06:38 AM   #13

And if you donít, use your phone alarm clock and set a timer for 5 mins. Easy to get distracted as the above says.
My tank fills slowly so I can set 10 mins. The alarm keeps me on task.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:12 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Wow, I wish my black filled that fast. I haven't been anywhere that 15 minutes gets me past 78%.
Later...
Ray

Tags
ford, luxe, toilet