Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2019, 04:47 AM   #57

cheap gas in alabama.

headed to alabama very recently southeast part..
lots of stations there selling gas for 1.8x /gallon

georgia was selling for about 2.0x /gallon.

georgia should sue alabama. just joking on this line!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #58

Here in wunnerful Kalifornia I'm paying just around $3.60. Y'all can go fly a kite.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:35 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Me thinks you've got that backwards.
Its complicated BECAUSE we have lawyers......

The "special interests" get the laws passed (some of those interest groups even write the laws and give them to legislators, councils, commissioners, etc). When the whole mess gets called to account it's up to lawyers to argue their respective client cases *under the law* to a judge who must decide if the case has merit and, if so, what remedies are available under the law should the plaintiff prevail.

The popular quote attributed to Shakespeare, "First we start by killing all the lawyers" was part of plan to create anarchy. Why not start with the accountants? /just wonderin'
Old 02-21-2019, 03:23 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's NOT Alabama that's suing Buc-ee's...

There seems to be some incorrect info in that article, or it's being misinterpreted:

It's NOT Alabama that's suing Buc-ee's, it is the competitor across the street from the new AL Buc-ee's. I think they're called Oasis. No one much cares for their dirty facility and high prices. I'm sure it's been a total ghost town since Jan. 21 - the day Buc-ee's opened.

I live 30 minutes from the new AL Buc-ee's and can assure you WE ALL LOVE THE ALABAMA BUC-EE'S!! It's just as awesome as the Texas originals! I have NEVER seen a more consistently crowded Buc-ee's - it's a 10-minute wait to get into the parking lot.
SKP#136823
Old 02-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #61

free market

A free market works as long as everything is pretty much equal. Walmart has bankrupted and closed thousands of US businesses with their volume buying. Mom and Pop stores cannot stay in business against them. All major oil companies have driven the stations out of business that were owned by individuals with their pricing schemes. Competition is great but when a small business is matched against a monopoly giant they always lose! Is this what we want? I am not in favor of regulating prices but more in favor of regulating big business so they cannot destroy all the other businesses - monopoly!

It appears in this case to be one business with a complaint about another underselling them by selling at less than cost. I would bet the volume of Buc-ee's is quite a bit more than Oasis and their cost is far less than Oasis. As another poster said, Buc-ee's makes their money off inside sales and keeps the gas prices as their 'draw'. Oasis is just a 'truck stop' so they dont have much 'inside sales' I would assume.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas415-1942 View Post
A free market works as long as everything is pretty much equal. Walmart has bankrupted and closed thousands of US businesses with their volume buying. Mom and Pop stores cannot stay in business against them. All major oil companies have driven the stations out of business that were owned by individuals with their pricing schemes. Competition is great but when a small business is matched against a monopoly giant they always lose! Is this what we want? I am not in favor of regulating prices but more in favor of regulating big business so they cannot destroy all the other businesses - monopoly!

It appears in this case to be one business with a complaint about another underselling them by selling at less than cost. I would bet the volume of Buc-ee's is quite a bit more than Oasis and their cost is far less than Oasis. As another poster said, Buc-ee's makes their money off inside sales and keeps the gas prices as their 'draw'. Oasis is just a 'truck stop' so they dont have much 'inside sales' I would assume.

What he said!!
Old 02-21-2019, 03:36 PM   #63

Might have a higher confidence in judges than I do, these days. Seems the judiciary is actually the crux of many problems. Not sticking th Constitution and almost no way to force them to.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:39 PM   #64

Never Bought Gas at Buccees

Being from Texas, I’ve seen Buc-ees for years, but have never bought their gas because they don’t post their gas prices, which is illegal. I’m not going to give my business to a station that does not make it easy for me to make an intelligent decision on who to give my business to, especially if they are not in compliance with the law.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #65

Issue is with each of us as consumers. If we are going to with the immediate & short-term savings of pennies then we are going to keep getting the Wal-Mart take-overs.
However, if we want to save local small business, we need only shop there and not Wal-Mart (or Target, etc).
There is no fault in any of them (and certainly not Buc-ees) in pricing lower - so long as it is not predatory (lower than their cost).
Getting the Govt involved is never the answer.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:45 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Here in wunnerful Kalifornia I'm paying just around $3.60. Y'all can go fly a kite.

Gas isn't the only thing you're paying double or triple for in 'wunnerful Kalifornia' or Mexifornia -- gee.... guess why....

Only answer for that ...is move....
Old 02-21-2019, 03:47 PM   #67

What? Every store I have driven-by or snapped at posts their gas prices. But you should shop where you want. And if it is price that makes your decision, you’ll contribute to the elimination of ‘mom & pop’ stores as they cannot compete in most cases. Although IGA did a fine job competing for many years.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:50 PM   #68

I might say it the other way - because we have lawyers (and most politicians are) & judges, things have become way too complicated.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #69

A gas station is suing Buckys not the state of Alabama

There was a Nother gas station less than 8 miles from Buckys that was selling it for $1.80 I do not think the gas station at Wilcox exit will win this lawsuit
Old 02-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thumbs down

Here is a little tidbit about Buckys gas station. I went out of my way to buy fuel there and was planning on spending the night in their large parking lot. About midnight one of the station people comes out and says there’s a “no overnight parking rule” at Buckys and I had to leave even though I said I bought fuel here doesn’t matter he said no overnight parking.

Just FYI. 👎🏿🤬😡

"the Oilfield PAID me to retire, so I did" :-)
Closed Thread