RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2020, 04:59 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Thor Industries pulls out of Tampa show

Looks like Thor has cancelled participation in Tampa Super Show per email from Joyce. I would guess that will start a chain reaction. Other manufacturers will start to drop, hotels will be cancelled, car rentals, etc. etc.
Tim Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2020, 05:19 AM   #2

I had read here on iRV2 that the super show was cancelled, but that is incorrect. The super show web site still indicates it's on. However due to recent events I would be surprised if the show is held.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:11 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I have been doing day trips to the Tampa show for many years. With the Covid increase here in FL currently, and the packed condition at Tampa every year, I think many locals will pass on the show this year. Governor DeSantis has vowed to keep the state open, and allow others to govern themselves. I think many manufactures will be looking at that before show time.

Our son in Omaha currently has Covid and contacted it in a lot less crowded condition, working on a construction site. He is recovering, but said it was an unbelievable 10 days. For once, I am going to listen to our son.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:56 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
TRUE, with all going on in the world this will hopefully be our last year of this crap as we run to get our shots when ready. I for one am over this self-quarantine stuff, but we have to do it to protect others as well as our families. I do not fault anyone for pulling out of any large gatherings. They have to protect themselves, employees, and the customers and it hard to fight what you cant see. I see lawyers setting on the wire-like vultures wanting to strick. Some folks just want to blame someone else for their misfortunes. I can understand if say a ride broke and others were hurt by something not correctly done. I think Tour has made a wise move for themself on the chessboard of life.

GET YOUR SHOTS in DECEMBER.

Welcome to IRV2 FORUM, be safe have fun and enjoy the adventures in your RV. Pack out what you bring into a campsite.
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
Looks like Thor has cancelled participation in Tampa Super Show per email from Joyce. I would guess that will start a chain reaction. Other manufacturers will start to drop, hotels will be cancelled, car rentals, etc. etc.
I for one applaud Thor's decision to put the health of their employees ahead of an event ! Hopefully all manufacturers will follow .
Old 11-20-2020, 11:05 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thor Industries pulls out of Tampa show

Yes, but at this point, I think that Thor will still be supporting the dealers with product just not people. I think the local dealers are still planning to attend. We shall see.
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Yes, but at this point, I think that Thor will still be supporting the dealers with product just not people. I think the local dealers are still planning to attend. We shall see.
Matt Foxcroft on Matt's RV Reveiws said he plans to be there so that may likely mean that General RV is planning to be there.
dceggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:41 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I wonder how many vendors will pull out now.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #9

My company has been doing shows for decades. They are small, home show sized events. All of them were cancelled in 2020 and 2/4 have already cancelled for 2021. I sure hope the vaccine is effective and released soon. Stay well and safe everyone!
buddy110 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor