RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2020, 11:20 PM   #15

diluted brand

An Entegra was a tag axle large luxury coach.

By branding smaller coaches Entegra I think Thor diluted the Entegra brand image. Nothing against smaller coaches but saying Entegra instantly brought a full size tag axle coach to mind. Not so anymore when Entegra badges are stuck on a smaller coach. JMHO
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
An Entegra was a tag axle large luxury coach.

By branding smaller coaches Entegra I think Thor diluted the Entegra brand image. Nothing against smaller coaches but saying Entegra instantly brought a full size tag axle coach to mind. Not so anymore when Entegra badges are stuck on a smaller coach. JMHO
I agree.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:45 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Do you really think Thor Industries told Entegra to produce low end Class As, or was Entegra pointing at a different demographic? Maybe another way to put it, is Newmar’s brand at the “Aire” level hurt by producing the “Star” lines of gassers? Think not...I’ve seen that line producing a 20+’ Baystar with a King Aire on one side and a Mountain Aire on the other.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:48 PM   #18

Hard to say. My guess is Thor had control all ready of some smaller lower end coaches and putting the Entegra badge on them would help their image. Entegra might have wanted to go smaller but I personally doubt it since it put no more production in the "Entegra" facility (more jobs and status) I think Thor just diluted the brand by spreading the Entegra badge around.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #19

We had a 2012 Anthem and now a 2019 Anthem. With all sincerity and objectivity the 2012 was a much better coach when it came to fit and finish, quality of the woodwork, paint quality, and road noise. as far as the 2019 goes, Guess we got one of those 10% that just wasn't up to average Entegra quality. Also, we still have a fairly long list of recurring warranty items that have to be addressed before our warranty expires in October.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
Hard to say. My guess is Thor had control all ready of some smaller lower end coaches and putting the Entegra badge on them would help their image. Entegra might have wanted to go smaller but I personally doubt it since it put no more production in the "Entegra" facility (more jobs and status) I think Thor just diluted the brand by spreading the Entegra badge around.

No, the smaller coaches are not Thor. They are rebadged Jaycos with more bling but built on the Jayco production line along side the Jaycos. I feel like they were doing a couple of things. Many of the Entegra dealers did not have the Jayco line which included mostly trailers. This move gave those dealers an expanded line to reach a much bigger potential market. In addition, it gives Entegra a much bigger line which makes their division bottom line look better to stockholders, which was not a consideration when Jayco was a private, family owned company. All JMHO
Old 08-05-2020, 03:29 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Currently taking delivery of the 21. Have not had the PDI yet, but did move over and spent the night in it last night. I can say the wood finish and new glaze is much nicer than the 19. Very pleased with the interior fit and finish. I have yet to find the first staple mark.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:39 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Currently taking delivery of the 21. Have not had the PDI yet, but did move over and spent the night in it last night. I can say the wood finish and new glaze is much nicer than the 19. Very pleased with the interior fit and finish. I have yet to find the first staple mark.
Chuck:

Congratulations on the new coach. They knew you were coming and took every precaution to have things in perfect order!

Be interested in how things go over the next several months. Hope you can keep it out of the hanger and on the road.
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Congrats, Chuck. Keep us in the loop!
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:36 PM   #24

Quote:

Congratulations!
Hopefully all goes smooth with your PDI.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the new toll window. When driving while windy the window Bowes out quite a bit. Curious if your will do the same.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:18 PM   #25

Chuck,

Congratulations on the new Coach! May you have many problem free miles and forget how to spell the word "Warranty"!
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #26

ME TOO

ME TOO Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I used to get in trouble for saying what I really thought, and in particular, using acronyms that “spelled” it out. I am mellowing with age
billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't see any reason that being owned by Thor would improve Entegra quality.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcphil_98 View Post
Yesterday I had a discussion with the owner of a very large, reputable RV repair facility. I had used his facility years before to repair my Travel Supreme.

When I told him that I had an Entegra he asked me if I bought mine before the problems at Entegra. I asked what he meant and he said all of the problems as a result of the Thor purchase in 2016. I told him I had a 2018 and didn't think Thor had any influence on building my coach.

He said that the word in the industry was that Thor was making many changes that is negatively affecting Jayco/Entegra quality.

I don't think that is the case but would like to hear from others.

Do you think the Thor purchase has a negative affect on Entegra Quality?
I hope for your case this isn’t true, but for everything I’ve seen and heard, from current and previous owners, as well as repair facilities and mobile techs, and Thor customer service, I don’t feel at all comfortable when I hear Thor is involved in anything. I bought a new 40’ DP (Aria) in 2017 and ALL I’ve had are issues. I mean everything, electrical, plumbing, tile (37 replaced), back splash fell off, 50% of all drawer guides had to be replaced, slides, an AC unit, shower doors, GFCI, dash info center, leaks, the 40’ AC hose that runs from the condenser in the front to the compressor in the rear had to be replaced for leaking Freon, coolant leak, step motor, recliners replaced ..... well, you get the picture. Dealers repair shop would dabble at repairing, usually choosing to eliminate 3-4 items for their convenience.
I finally got a “real” mobile tech that will correctly diagnose, order parts, fix it right “the first time”, and diligently work with my extended warranty company without committing insurance fraud.
I think Thor can take a great product and institute their company model and BOOM it becomes a forgettable product. I liken them to ATT and how they provide a product, refuse to invest into decent equipment, have the worst customer service known to the world and destroy a company they bought like DirecTV.
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, thor