Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #29

Our 2018 aspire had a few things wrong but nothing major. Now we ordered a2021 and I hope and pray it is as good as the one we have. I like the real Cherry wood and not the high gloss look. We're waiting and the first edition we saw at the factory last month was real nice
onholdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #30

Would everyone on this thread please read this, and then remember it....

There are two different entities..... Thor Industries and Thor RV. Thor Industries is a large company that owns many different brands of RVs. Thor RV is a maker of a specific line of RV products. When you are badmouthing Thor RV, you are badmouthing the specific company that markets RVs sold under the Thor Brand. That brand does not generally have a good name in the opinion of many. Thor Industries is a different animal. Entegra Coach was bought by Thor Industries several years ago.... Don't combine Thor Coach and Entegra Coach.... owned by the same company but not the same situation.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:49 PM   #31

My first entegra was a new 14 anthem. The workmanship was so bad I sold the coach after a few months. Swore I would never by another entegra. Well here I am with a 21 cornerstone. I have been all through this cornerstone doing mods. I can say that this entegra is light years ahead of my 14. I have been a newmar fan and have owned a few prior to this one. I have felt newmar was way ahead of entegra but today I feel different. I would say they are very very close to the point I don’t think it matters.

So from my vantage point I see improvement since Thor has been operating it.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To me the test is the fit and finish, and the Thor Tuscany is vastly improved over the last 2 years. Most of the other components are the same everyone else uses.
fantasyisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:02 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyisle View Post
To me the test is the fit and finish, and the Thor Tuscany is vastly improved over the last 2 years. Most of the other components are the same everyone else uses.

So perhaps the title of this thread should be how did the purchase of Entegra influence Thor?[emoji3]
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:21 PM   #34

This is our 3rd coach (previously 2 Tiffins), and we could not be happier. During our 2-year PDI, we had a punch list of only 15 items, and the majority were supplier (not Entegra) related.

Service advice has been excellent, and Joyce once intervened on a supplier problem - problem solved! [I believe many members have had the same interaction/satisfaction with Joyce and her service advisors.]

Also, we just had service performed by an authorized Prevost converter. The tech doing our work was highly impressed with the layout and quality of our coach - high praise indeed.

We don't plan to purchase another coach in the near future; however, if and when we do, it will be an Entegra.

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #35

I have to chime in. I had a brand new 2016 Thor diesel MH It was terrible, then I bought a 2019 Jayco MH, no big issues to report here with the Jayco. So it is the luck of the draw I guess but some of the missing parts on my Thor,(like the missing right side slide lock!) was a huge factory hiccup ! And the black tank plug after they drilled it out to set the bowl was left for me to find, stuck in my sewer hose!. My laundry list is way to long to list here! But I think certain models built in certain locations are the ones to look out for!
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:57 PM   #36

I always thought that, if I ever decided to replace our Travel Supreme, it would be with an Entegra. Having looked at a Thor for a friend, I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy anything that Thor has touched. Right or wrong, I just have a permanent bad taste in my mouth for all things Thor. I'll stick with the good old Travel Supreme.
asodergren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by asodergren View Post
I always thought that, if I ever decided to replace our Travel Supreme, it would be with an Entegra. Having looked at a Thor for a friend, I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy anything that Thor has touched. Right or wrong, I just have a permanent bad taste in my mouth for all things Thor. I'll stick with the good old Travel Supreme.
I couldn’t agree more. There’s something to be said for a well cared for older MH such as the Travel Supreme.
2017 Chevy Equinox w/Blue Ox & Air Force 1
Bodean56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:49 PM   #38

As Gary pointed out Thor RV has NOTHING to do with Entegra. Thor Industries bought Jayco, they also own Air Stream and you don’t hear anyone knocking them. JMHO
Old 08-10-2020, 04:43 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Current experince on taking delivery of a 21 Entegra. The fit and finish is as good as it gets. The new finish on the woodwork is outstanding and not a staple to be found. The exterior paint on mine is perfect. However Entegra is back to QC problems about tuning anything on to see if it works before shipping. My satellite system was wired 1/2 for Direct TV 1/2 for Dish. Wonder why it did not work or was checked before shipping? 11 hours to find the problem. Also shipped with the Vega Touch not communicating with the router and so far cannot be fixed. No one turned that on either. Entegra is delivering beautiful coaches that major systems are not being checked and are not working. JME.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:44 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Current experince on taking delivery of a 21 Entegra. The fit and finish is as good as it gets. The new finish on the woodwork is outstanding and not a staple to be found. The exterior paint on mine is perfect. However Entegra is back to QC problems about tuning anything on to see if it works before shipping. My satellite system was wired 1/2 for Direct TV 1/2 for Dish. Wonder why it did not work or was checked before shipping? 11 hours to find the problem. Also shipped with the Vega Touch not communicating with the router and so far cannot be fixed. No one turned that on either. Entegra is delivering beautiful coaches that major systems are not being checked and are not working. JME.
This is what I expected since I experienced similar things with my 18. Preemptively, I have arranged to have my satellite receivers shipped ahead of me. Woo has agreed to wire and install them to my specs. He also agreed to synch all the surround speakers. I will ask that every system be checked, function confirmed before I depart to Atlanta. I'm not sure how thorough they will be so my plan is to write a checklist. Once they confirm that my checklist has been completed, we will drive down, but not before. I have four dogs which complicate things.
buddy110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #41

Buddy

With any dealer ........ assume nothing. They all have more things on their plates and more "gods to worship" than they have time to "get on their knees". I gave my delivery dealer two weeks after my coach arrived from Middlebury to go over everything and make sure everything was done before I got in the car to head to pick up the coach, and I would bet a whole lot of money, that the dealer's people looked at my coach for the first time maybe 24 days before I was scheduled to arrive and the coach sat there collecting dust for 12 days after it was delivered. Do a LOT of phone calling before you depart for pick up if that is important to you.

Things may have changed....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Buddy

With any dealer ........ assume nothing. They all have more things on their plates and more "gods to worship" than they have time to "get on their knees". I gave my delivery dealer two weeks after my coach arrived from Middlebury to go over everything and make sure everything was done before I got in the car to head to pick up the coach, and I would bet a whole lot of money, that the dealer's people looked at my coach for the first time maybe 24 days before I was scheduled to arrive and the coach sat there collecting dust for 12 days after it was delivered. Do a LOT of phone calling before you depart for pick up if that is important to you.

Things may have changed....

Gary
My thoughts exactly, thus my checklist. I will follow up with emails and phone calls prior to departure
buddy110 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, thor