Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2020, 03:32 PM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
JME. I just picked up a 21 Cornerstone. The fit and finish far beats the last 2 Entegra's I have owned, outstanding. However the corner cutting, I don't know who's fault it is but it is reaching the bottom of the barrel. Black and White radio, seriously? Deleting the fresh water faucet in a 1/2 million dollar MH? And Bluetooth that sill doesn't work. Someone needs to seriously look what a $25,000 KIA has to offer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #58

Been lurking on this thread... To me, a coach is a home on wheels. So, I want the home to be as trouble-free as possible. On the "wheel-end," it also has to get from point A to point B with minimul fuss and bother. It seems as if all of the new coaches are entirely to reliant on fancy electronics and "bells-and whistles" (which electronics are, mostly) and they break with alarming frequency. Examples include slides, fancy smancy TV and sound systems, fireplaces, the list is endless. Then, on the wheel side, we have the Cummins ISX650 which like to swallow valves, DEF heads that last only a few months, DFP, engine derating, sensor failures, egad! Posts on this forum often say, "going to Nappannee," going to Red Bay," and I'm not sure where Entegra and Thor coach owners go to. Someday, I'd like to buy a new coach or a nearly new coach but it sounds as if once you drive out the door, you're on your own!
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:20 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
JME. I just picked up a 21 Cornerstone. The fit and finish far beats the last 2 Entegra's I have owned, outstanding. However the corner cutting, I don't know who's fault it is but it is reaching the bottom of the barrel. Black and White radio, seriously? Deleting the fresh water faucet in a 1/2 million dollar MH? And Bluetooth that sill doesn't work. Someone needs to seriously look what a $25,000 KIA has to offer.

Unfortunately it seems all these coaches lack something. I am shocked that I have to go outside to manually pull down my window awnings. I am surprised by the small aquahot they use rather than the 600 so it has 2 electrodes rather than 1. I think even the Mountain Aire has 2 electrodes.

However if I had to choose between build quality and these items I would most definitely choose build quality. I have got about 5k miles in 2 months and so far the build quality is very good in my opinion.

Chuck, hopefully this will be the best entegra you have owned yet.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:26 PM   #60

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
I am thinking I am not understanding the radio comment. So when you are in the radio screen its black and white and not color?
Yes, do you have color on yours? I tried for 350 miles every setting possible.....black & whites screens except for Nav.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200811_175719.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	296917  
Old 08-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #61

Quote:
Yes, do you have color on yours? I tried for 350 miles every setting possible.....black & whites screens except for Nav.
I went and changed my post because I saw what you are talking about. Mine looks like yours, black and white. I guess because I always have xm on and it has some color so this is what caused my confusion.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I went and changed my post because I saw what you are talking about. Mine looks like yours, black and white. I guess because I always have xm on and it has some color so this is what caused my confusion.
My XP has a 2 inch logo color screen. I have not switched my subscription yet, but the screen is still B&W. Kind of shocked for a 2021 coach. B&W is hard to see at 70 mph.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:55 PM   #63

Shocks are another item that I dont understand. Why do the expensive rigs come with undersized shocks?

First thing I did was swap them out for the koni evos and what a difference.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:58 AM   #64

I guess the bottom line is we don’t have all the facts about every rig. Let’s think about this rationally for just one moment;

It would take every RV owner of every single RV Ever built to do a fair survey on the build quality And reliability of their coach, let’s say after at least 2 years. (I used a 2 year scenario because of maintenances, not everyone maintains their rigs properly so I would think after 2 years of little to no maintenance things should hold up), Now, let’s say these surveys all went out to these owners, (which most of the larger RV manufactures do send out), AND we had real statistical information based on production numbers built with an average taken reflecting those production numbers. If your the biggest manufacturer with the most RV’s built in a year you will have the highest number of defects. And then, We, as consumers were privy to this information. Now that would truly tell what the best products were on the market.

Now let’s look at the real world, most satisfied customers can’t be bothered with these surveys, never get them or they fill them out incorrectly. On the flip side, disgruntled owners with problems would be the majority with the loudest voices.

I also think it boils down to money like others have said. Plus there is no lemon law on the coach end. So yes, most run of the mill RV’s are cheaply built on a mass production scale. But I do feel the higher the price and quality the more pride there is in the build process. Of course this is just my opinion, my way of thinking with a little experience thrown in.
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:25 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
My thoughts exactly, thus my checklist. I will follow up with emails and phone calls prior to departure
I would also find out who would do the PDI with me in advance. Have that person do a PDI before departing to get the coach. Emphasizing there are no cosmetic, mechanical, driving or house issues.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:22 AM   #66

Shocks Question

How is the rebound on your front Shocks? Does your 2021 "Porpoise' when you drive over a bridge transition?

Quote:
Unfortunately it seems all these coaches lack something. I am shocked that I have to go outside to manually pull down my window awnings. I am surprised by the small aquahot they use rather than the 600 so it has 2 electrodes rather than 1. I think even the Mountain Aire has 2 electrodes.

However if I had to choose between build quality and these items I would most definitely choose build quality. I have got about 5k miles in 2 months and so far the build quality is very good in my opinion.

billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:39 AM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

As far as going outside and pulling down awnings.....this to me is a plus, not a negative. Having three connection points means I can leave them out with wind and rain and not worry. Electric ones would have to be retracted so as to not rip off the side.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:30 AM   #68

response on Shocks.

I did not read this post before responding with a question on the rebound of your shocks. Sorry!
FYI - Spartan knows the rebound on the Bilstein shocks is not adequate. I called and they provided new Bilstein shocks with the correct rebound. I had Goodyear replace them and Spartan paid the bill. The coach handles great.

Quote:
Shocks are another item that I dont understand. Why do the expensive rigs come with undersized shocks?

First thing I did was swap them out for the koni evos and what a difference.
billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #69

Quote:

The Cornerstone had electric window awnings about 2012. They removed them and a few other things and lowered the price. Lower price didn’t last long, but deleting the electric awnings did.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #70

Quote:
My XP has a 2 inch logo color screen. I have not switched my subscription yet, but the screen is still B&W. Kind of shocked for a 2021 coach. B&W is hard to see at 70 mph.
Chuck, even the Entegra Reatta radio has Apple car play etc. or at least they did a year or so ago. Go figure, I guess you buy cheaper you get good radio, pay more and get less.
At least my 2020 is in color and I still have the ICC light control on the steering wheel.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, thor