Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2020, 09:05 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Thor influence on Entegra

Yesterday I had a discussion with the owner of a very large, reputable RV repair facility. I had used his facility years before to repair my Travel Supreme.

When I told him that I had an Entegra he asked me if I bought mine before the problems at Entegra. I asked what he meant and he said all of the problems as a result of the Thor purchase in 2016. I told him I had a 2018 and didn't think Thor had any influence on building my coach.

He said that the word in the industry was that Thor was making many changes that is negatively affecting Jayco/Entegra quality.

I don't think that is the case but would like to hear from others.

Do you think the Thor purchase has a negative affect on Entegra Quality?
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2020, 03:18 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I have a pre Thor Entegra now and am getting a 2021 next week. I feel that the new models are at least equal to my pre Thor Entegra.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:07 AM   #3

Thor doesn't seem to have a very good reputation for quality or cust service. Search the posts on this site.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:42 AM   #4

Interesting thread. I can tell you that my 18 has has many problems. More that I would like. That said, I too am taking delivery of a 21 in a couple months
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:33 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I had a 14 Entegra that was an absolute nightmare. I purchase the 19 Entegra ONLY because Travel Supreme was out of business, and Joyce with Entegra standing behind that 14 that never should have been released to the public. Along comes Thor ownership, I purchase a 19, nice quality, fit and finish is good, handling is 10x that of my 14. I am picking up a 21 Entegra next week.

Has a corner or 2 been cut?.....yes, but what hasn't. Was Entegra ever a Travel Supreme?....no. Has Thor improved the Entegra?.....they sure have over my 14.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:51 AM   #6

Perception vs observation? How many people post on the internet that "their (coach/5ver/TT) handled my trip fine with no issues!".

If I were to go by internet postings, I would not but anything.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:29 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The “Thor ruined Entegra” rumor is totally false. It is based on speculation and innuendo, like so much that we read today. The facts are right here on this forum for all to see. The overwhelming number of post-Thor Entegra buyers are pleased with their coach quality and the service that Entegra continues to provide..
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:37 AM   #8

I have not been greatly impressed with the woodwork and cabinetry in recent model Entegras..... the cabinet quality in my 19 is significantly less "nice" than a 2015 Cornerstone was inside and roughly equivalent to my 15 Anthem, (and I'm not bad mouthing my 15 Anthem..... Im just saying they are largely equivalent and much less than was common on a Cornerstone in bygone years) and when compared to an older Beaver or Monaco Dynasty, the woodwork fit and finish is a distant comparison. However, I don't think that has anything to do with Thor Industries purchase of Entegra.... My opinion is that people should not confuse, and most dont know the difference between Thor Industries and Thor Motorcoaches...... at this point, still a monstrous difference. Make sure that the person that is badmouthing Entegra knows the difference.... Most don't.

For some reason, the people at Entegra who make these decisions seem to be under the impression that most of us don't give a darn about fine wood finishes or fine carpentry. The cabinets, while OK, lack the high quality that used to be common in the industry 10-20 years ago.... apparently people don't want to "look their money" according to the industry.... what we want, apparently, is a lot of bells and whistles on our coaches that don't really do much to improve the performance of our travels (and usually are more of a pain in the a** than a benefit)(My bells and whistles have sure helped me spend a lot of time at Spartan/Cummins repair facilities).... If given design authority, I could easily strip $50,000 to > $75,000 of unneeded bells and whistles off my coach that would not degrade its performance one bit, and frankly, make it much better and spend every dime of that on the interior. I would personally argue for making my coach look like a $600,000 vehicle when sitting inside. I like to look at what some of my money is buying.

Again, however, that seems to be the market... Fine furniture and cabinets seem to be "out" and bells and whistles are "in". Have not had a chance to look at a 21 yet, but am going to try to do that soon to see if the trend continues.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:28 AM   #9

I have owned both pre and post. While Entegra did away with the corbels and lattice work for the Woodwork I can’t see that our 2020 has any less quality cabinets than our 2014. Actually, I think they’re probably better.
ENTEGRA did offer a club decor package, at a nominal fee, that put the corbels etc back in.
ENTEGRA back in 2012 or so had electric window awnings and a few more goodies, but price was over $600,000. They did away with that and lowered the price in the $570,000 range, but it didn’t stay there long and they never did bring back the elect window awnings etc. I guess the corbels and lattice work went the same way.
I had a 2013 like Chucks 2014 that was a coach from hell, so yes their quality has improved and I don’t, at this time, see that Thor has had any detrimental effect.
Our 2020 hasn’t been perfect, but it’s been pretty close to this point. Hope I didn’t jinx myself!
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Agree with MRUSA...this Thor stuff is just innuendo bordering on cow feces!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Agree with MRUSA...this Thor stuff is just innuendo bordering on cow feces!
Come on Dave, tell us how you really feel!
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:51 PM   #12

A dealer who sells lots of Entegras tells me that quality of construction is up and warranty repairs have been steadily dropping. Says a lot to me as he also says the warranty approval times have gone down.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:35 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I used to get in trouble for saying what I really thought, and in particular, using acronyms that “spelled” it out. I am mellowing with age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcphil_98 View Post
Come on Dave, tell us how you really feel!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I’m proud of you for the “mellowing!” We are on our third Entegra, 2013, 2017 and now 2019...and considering another “last” Entegra. The quality has only improved with each coach. Unlike Gary, we prefer the cleaner look of the wood that is currently being used. Far smaller punch list on our 19 than the pages and pages of items on our 13. If that’s a result of Thor, we’re happy!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, thor