Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2020, 07:09 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thor Tiffin - Good For Entegra ?

Any views or thoughts on the Thor / Tiffin deal being good for Entegra, bad for Entegra, or does not matter at all for Entegra?
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2020, 07:23 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I don't believe it will have any difference. Tiffin is keeping their brand name along with current management as did Entegra.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:36 PM   #3

I wasn't happy to hear about this purchase. I think one great down fall for the RV consumer is the lack of competition. I realize that Thor is a financial company but they do push their own products and as long as everyone uses the same product and or supplier, how is there going to be any competition.

Same toilets, windows, steps and anything else that they can be bought at bulk prices. With every manufacturer building the same way with the same faulty products, we've lost innovation. Now Thor can pull the strings of more bean counters and demand better profits and the only solution is to buy in bulk. And when that doesn't work, either cut back on customer service or deny warranty claims.

I think the RV consumers were just punched in the gut and they don't realize it yet.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #4

THOR, WBGO, REV Group. Is there any other maker of a significant number of Class A MHs that is not part of one of these conglomerates? I'm thinking Tiffin was the last of the privately-owned builders from which to choose.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:33 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Yes to all the above.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:55 AM   #6

Newmar, Entegra and now Tiffin have been bought out by larger organizations..Three quality manufacturers who have been at the top of their game. Hopefully their high standards will continue.

However this leaves a vacuum and into this a smaller company will step up and say "Hey, look at what we can do." Who this will be I have no idea but it will happen. Good luck to them.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 04:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
THOR, WBGO, REV Group. Is there any other maker of a significant number of Class A MHs that is not part of one of these conglomerates? I'm thinking Tiffin was the last of the privately-owned builders from which to choose.
Newell
Marathon
Liberty

That’s about it it think.
I hope no one buys Newell...that’s my winning powerball/megamillions RV
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 06:41 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cyber71 View Post
Newell
Marathon
Liberty

That’s about it it think.
I hope no one buys Newell...that’s my winning powerball/megamillions RV
Those are high dollar coaches that are in a totally different category from what is being discussed here. Their low-volume production and highly customized nature makes them an unlikely fit for a Thor, Winnebago or Rev acquisition.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:04 AM   #9

Hopefully a business type of person will step up and design something from the ground up with clean paper. Maybe carbon fiber sides, box frame and electric motors driving it. A diesel electric type of setup like a train. Actually build something beyond the minimum requirements of durability and not just glitz and glitter.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:10 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Like everything, I think there will be plus’s and minuses. Moving forward there is going to be more and more technology. Motorhomes will be technology hubs, self driving and Alexa talking. Whether we like it or not, that will be the future. Technology has already begun to take over our driving duties and I for one would like someone more than a little family run business doing the research and testing. I have sometimes felt like I was the crash test dummy! A consolidated industry is in a much better position to get products custom tailored to our needs. Most of the minuses I see are added pressure on suppliers, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. The automotive industry lives in that world, better but cheaper!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:30 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Like everything, I think there will be plus’s and minuses. Moving forward there is going to be more and more technology. Motorhomes will be technology hubs, self driving and Alexa talking. Whether we like it or not, that will be the future. Technology has already begun to take over our driving duties and I for one would like someone more than a little family run business doing the research and testing. I have sometimes felt like I was the crash test dummy! A consolidated industry is in a much better position to get products custom tailored to our needs. Most of the minuses I see are added pressure on suppliers, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. The automotive industry lives in that world, better but cheaper!
Reading your post I was picturing Elon Musk and the remarkable achievements of the Tesla. They said that could never be done, not long afterwards there was a waiting list for his products. NASA was shelved, then Elon Musk said he could do it. A person or corporation with Musk's drive and foresight could enter the MH market and have it all to themselves, while the others played catch up much like the auto manufactures are doing today.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Reading your post I was picturing Elon Musk and the remarkable achievements of the Tesla. They said that could never be done, not long afterwards there was a waiting list for his products. NASA was shelved, then Elon Musk said he could do it. A person or corporation with Musk's drive and foresight could enter the MH market and have it all to themselves, while the others played catch up much like the auto manufactures are doing today.
Go for it Chuck, I’ll buy one.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:37 AM   #13

It might be interesting. Anthem/Allegro Bus are pretty close spec for spec.

You also have to wonder with Spartan hassles of the last year. PowerGlide could maybe be shared. Maybe rebranded to something but that seems like a move that wouldn't damage either brand but allow more control.
Driveby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:59 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Thor Tiffin - Good For Entegra ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveby View Post
It might be interesting. Anthem/Allegro Bus are pretty close spec for spec.

You also have to wonder with Spartan hassles of the last year. PowerGlide could maybe be shared. Maybe rebranded to something but that seems like a move that wouldn't damage either brand but allow more control.

The poweglide will probably be the first causality due to the cost of trying to keep up with technology that is built into the Freightliner and Spartan chassis’s. Particularly when you have 2 viable suppliers.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, thor, tiffin