Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2021, 05:31 AM   #1

Thoughts on new Cornerstones?

I currently have a 2016 Foretravel Realm, and I'm debating trading it in on a 2022 Cornerstone. Prior to the Realm, I owned a 2015 Cornerstone, and I really liked it as well as Entegra's customer service. During the short time I owned that rig, I did have some problems (of course, as with any RV), but I felt that Entegra was always very responsive to help me get problems resolved.

Since it's been a few years since my last Entegra, I just wanted to get comments from owners of recent model years of the Cornerstone. Do you still feel the quality is good? Is Entegra still responsive with customer service? Are there any chronic or recurring issues that are common on newer Cornerstones?

I appreciate any thoughts current owners might be willing to share. Thanks!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2021, 05:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider93 View Post
I currently have a 2016 Foretravel Realm, and I'm debating trading it in on a 2022 Cornerstone. Prior to the Realm, I owned a 2015 Cornerstone, and I really liked it as well as Entegra's customer service. During the short time I owned that rig, I did have some problems (of course, as with any RV), but I felt that Entegra was always very responsive to help me get problems resolved.

Since it's been a few years since my last Entegra, I just wanted to get comments from owners of recent model years of the Cornerstone. Do you still feel the quality is good? Is Entegra still responsive with customer service? Are there any chronic or recurring issues that are common on newer Cornerstones?

I appreciate any thoughts current owners might be willing to share. Thanks!
Following,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:49 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I am currently in Ft Lauderdale sitting in my 21 Cornerstone. It is still a well built coach, the fit and finish is much better than my 14 Anthem was. The new AC and heated drivers and passenger seats are really comfortable. A few corners have been cut, but overall still a top of the line coach. CS is as responsive as they have always been and Joyce is now the department head of CS.
Built quality is still there, running across Alligator Ally yesterday at 93 hot humid degrees, running 2 roof airs and the dash, I had to turn the AC's down.
My punch list is small, so far all vendor items including the DEF sensor.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:03 AM   #4

Our 21 CS has been less problematic than our 18 Anthem. Tank sensors are a common problem, The front AC died with 4,000 miles on the clock. Other than that the list of issues is small. The new seats are very comfortable, much more so than the Anthem.

We are very happy
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:05 AM   #5

Thanks for the responses so far! If I get one, I'm looking at the 45F floorplan with the theater seating option. I haven't seen this in person yet or sat in one, but the online pics look really comfortable. Does anyone have the dual reclining theater seats, and if so, do they work well and are they comfortable?
Old 08-04-2021, 07:41 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Our 21 CS has been less problematic than our 18 Anthem. Tank sensors are a common problem, The front AC died with 4,000 miles on the clock. Other than that the list of issues is small. The new seats are very comfortable, much more so than the Anthem.

We are very happy
They are also more comfortable than the Flexsteel seats in my 19 Cornerstone. It was a good move. The AC seat were welcomed driving in 93* yesterday.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:43 AM   #7

Be sure and sit in the theater seats for long enough to really understand how they feel for your frame and body type. I have triple theater-seat recliners in my 19 Cornerstone, and sorry to report, they just are not comfortable to sit in to watch TV for either my 5'3" tall wife or my own (5'9") body..... The back is not separately controllable from the legs and the back support lays way too far down to comfortably watch TV in a reclined "relaxed" position unless the TV is projected onto the ceiling or you don't mind having your chin tucked down against your chest while watching TV. This has been a common report of other owners and many have replaced the stock theater seat with alternate seats custom Lambright furniture made theater seats. Cost ~ $5K.

Now, the seats in new coaches may well be more comfortable than these seats which were OEM in 18 thru I believe '20 so pay attention and spend as much time as you need to "test-sit" the furniture in all conditions you expect to use them.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:55 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Redraider93,
Just curious as to why you would go from a Foretravel back to an Entegra? Is it the floor plan or maybe newer technology? While Entegra makes a great coach (we used to own a 2016 Anthem), Foretravel has always been considered a cut above. While all motor homes have issues, if yours is broken in and running well you’d be money ahead to just upgrade yours rather than purchasing new. It seems that the 2017+ units have some technology issues with things like DEF heads, etc. Just a thought. Good luck with your decision!
Grower15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower15 View Post
Redraider93,
Just curious as to why you would go from a Foretravel back to an Entegra? Is it the floor plan or maybe newer technology? While Entegra makes a great coach (we used to own a 2016 Anthem), Foretravel has always been considered a cut above. While all motor homes have issues, if yours is broken in and running well you’d be money ahead to just upgrade yours rather than purchasing new. It seems that the 2017+ units have some technology issues with things like DEF heads, etc. Just a thought. Good luck with your decision!
I got a PM this morning asking the same question, and I gave a detailed response, but I can't seem to find my response to copy and paste it here.

Basically, it comes down to customer service. To be honest, I'm disappointed in Foretravel in this regard. I know they produce far fewer units and are more "custom" than Entegra, but there's something to be said for the economies of scale of a larger company.

When I previously owned an Entegra, I remember one time I called customer service at 11pm on a Friday night, and I immediately got a live person who helped me troubleshoot my problem. With Foretravel, you will only get an answer during business hours Monday through Friday, and they will only take your call (after the warranty expires) if you are a Motorcade Club member, which is $100/year.

I live in Houston, so ever since I've owned my Realm I've taken it back to Nacogdoches once a year for random repairs. My Realm is currently there, and it is the third time I've taken it there since last fall. Some of the repairs being done this time were allegedly already fixed a few months ago, but they weren't done correctly.

Don't get me wrong, Foretravel coaches are very nice, but in the past year I've become disillusioned with their customer service and quality. For example, a couple weeks ago I was driving home and my entry door window completely fell off the door. Luckily, I saw that it was flapping in the wind, and I was in the process of pulling over to the shoulder when it completely came off, so it fell on grass and didn't break.

When I dropped it off to repair that (as well as the slideout seal repair that was supposedly already done earlier), I told them I didn't think I should have to pay for those repairs. I have not yet picked it up, but I will be curious to see if they charge me for these things. Even though it is no longer under warranty, I feel like a well-built coach should not have a window fall off after less than 6 years, especially since I've stored it indoors the whole time I've owned it.

I'm just not convinced FT is worth the significant extra money they charge, especially given their weak customer service.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:16 AM   #10

Well, the days of immediate customer service at all hours are gone at Entegra also. I've had an Entegra coach since '15 and its never been 24/7. Now, there is usually a CS person available until mid evening at an after hours telephone number and someone may call you back on a weekend if the call is really important, but I don't think anyone expects immediate after hours service.

However, it is still pretty good customer service. I'm happy with it.

'Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Jeff
If you don’t follow this forum closely you may of missed that Entegra is coming out with a “D” floor plan. Not exact, but close to a reversed F. This puts the super slide on the drivers side. The F is a great floor plan, but the super slide on the curb/passenger side is an issue for some.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:06 PM   #12

Quote:
I live in Houston, so ever since I've owned my Realm I've taken it back to Nacogdoches once a year for random repairs. My Realm is currently there, and it is the third time I've taken it there since last fall. Some of the repairs being done this time were allegedly already fixed a few months ago, but they weren't done correctly.

I'm just not convinced FT is worth the significant extra money they charge, especially given their weak customer service.
If you are unhappy with the service at FOT, talk to James S.

I also live in Houston (Cypress, about 2 miles from you). I also own a FT, my 4th FT, my running bud has a Cornerstone. I have been to both Entregra factory and Foretravel factory. I have been to Naco for service more then I care but at least the mother ship is only 3 hrs away. I have seen the fun in getting service for my coach and my running buds. I will say that Entregra is more CS friendly as to making phone calls and getting questions answering timely.

Right now you have a coach with a chassis made by Foretravel. You have a def head that was made in 2015. Have you read all of the great things about the Spartan chassis?

If you get a CS, when you need it repaired, where are you going to go for service? You think that service will be better then what you have been getting? Have you read about the recall on windows falling out?
Old 08-04-2021, 02:25 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thanks for the responses so far! If I get one, I'm looking at the 45F floorplan with the theater seating option. I haven't seen this in person yet or sat in one, but the online pics look really comfortable. Does anyone have the dual reclining theater seats, and if so, do they work well and are they comfortable?

I have an F floor plan with the entertainment center option since I like the fireplace. Something to consider is your priority. If entertaining is a priority, the F does not have as much room up front as the B or W. But the F has a fabulous rear bath and walk in closet.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote