Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Tile and Grout

So, happened to be in Home Depot, so I stopped in the flooring section and talked a little with the "expert" working in that area. I put quotes around expert, because they may and may not be at times and the following could be considered in the discussion that follows (and also gets it our of the vallences discussion).

First, ask him about discoloration in epoxy grades of grout. He indicated it is common for discoloration to occur if it is not mixed "exactly" right. Hurrying or incorrect blending and mixture would result in "colors" showing up in the grout. He also indicated that, if in fact, epoxy grout was used (which he indicated is common on coaches; he is a Tiffen full timer working part time at HD), it is already sealed and doesn't require additional sealant.

Second, he indicated they had a product that would reduce or eliminate the discoloration of the epoxy grout. I ask if it was a bleach of some kind (he indicated "no, but it did work"). For me, I don't view this as big of a problem, so I don't see myself pursuing further as I like the rustic look, JMHO. For those of you that are bothered, then maybe look into this further.

Last, major task to pull out the finished flooring. He had done this with his Tiffen Allegro (replacing it with a wood floor) after having cracking issues in his grout on his coach. So if you pursue that approach, plan on some time and bother.

Hope this helps or at least opens the discussion in its own thread.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #2

So Dave,

Besides the rustic grout, how is the coach been after one month?
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Coach is nice...retirement is great. TopSail is a wonderful place to de-stress. 5 mile morning walks. The beach and sunsets. Nice weather. No bugs that we had in Central FL.

Thanks for asking.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #4

Great to hear.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #5

Dave, where is TopSail?
Thx........
TgovSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TgovSr View Post
Dave, where is TopSail?
Thx........
TopSail State Park in the Florida panhandle...about 10 miles east of Destin. Kudos to Tom (Tom and Regina) for the recommendation.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Glad that you are enjoying the coach and retirement. I'm really learning a lot about our coach since I've been living in for over a month now. It is convincing me that I could do a lot more of this....just not too sure about the whole retirement thing yet.

Took a look at website for TopSail and it looks beautiful. Any sites in particular that you would recommend?
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
91,101, 103 (we're in), 105 all should get good satellite reception (but you'll need your Girards for the afternoon sun. Most other sites, and these too, are well shaded, but no way you'll get satellite reception. Cable is good though.

105 has the best pad, but all are concrete. We had reserved a pullthrough and they have a number of these in this section (four rows if you look at the site map).

These sites get the wi-fi part time.