RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Tips on replacing an ‘18 water pump

Our water pump died. Stew and I (primarily Stew) tried to revive it without lasting results. Entegra sent one to my house which will be delivered tomorrow. We will get there Thursday. I’m hoping someone can offer some tips on how to replace the pump which is mounted on the forward wall of the wet bay, about 6” inside the outer white wall. Removing the removable panel doesn’t provide much access.

The tip may be “Pay someone that knows what they’re doing to replace it.”
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Our water pump died. Stew and I (primarily Stew) tried to revive it without lasting results. Entegra sent one to my house which will be delivered tomorrow. We will get there Thursday. I’m hoping someone can offer some tips on how to replace the pump which is mounted on the forward wall of the wet bay, about 6” inside the outer white wall. Removing the removable panel doesn’t provide much access.

The tip may be “Pay someone that knows what they’re doing to replace it.”
Vance, when I replaced my macerator I removed the screws from the large panel and slid it outboard about 6 inches. I looked at the water pump then and thought if I ever had to replace it moving that large panel would make it easier.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:46 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Vance, when I replaced my macerator I removed the screws from the large panel and slid it outboard about 6 inches. I looked at the water pump then and thought if I ever had to replace it moving that large panel would make it easier.

Thanks! That’s what I want to avoid. I need a slender friend like I left in Blanchard!
Old 07-22-2019, 05:59 AM   #4

Vance, I spent a lot of time working in that area. The best tip I can offer is to take a large bath sized shop towel and fold it to use as padding. You’re going to be on your side a fair amount and the lip of the bay quickly gets uncomfortable.

Another towel under the pump to capture excess water and you’re set.

The water fittings are pretty easy to remove in place, then I remove the mounting fasteners, and pull the pump out a little to access the wiring.

Shouldn’t be anything you cannot handle.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:57 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, I looked at mine yesterday. With the 6 inch square bit, same one used for the shades on the Classics , it is pretty easy to reach in there and unscrew the 4 mounting screws. Once it's pulled away from the wall, unscrewing the line are easy. Hopefully there is enough slack on the wires to have the pump almost in front of you to change the wiring. As we talked before, good idea to use spade connectors so if the pump needs to be replaced again, the next one will be "plug and play".
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:16 AM   #6

When I did mine the first time, I struggled with getting my arm in there...

The second time, I got some fittings and a length of hose from Lowes (clear plastic braid reinforced hose) and a small piece of 1x6 lumber.
I extended the hoses, screwed the pump to the piece of wood, and screwed the wood to the back of the big white metal thing so the pump is front and center.

The third time, it was a 2 minute job.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:10 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When my pump went out last month, I moved it to sit on top of the macerator. I took a piece of plexiglass and mounted it to the top of the macerator then bolted the water pump to it. Also installed, what they call a silencer kit, to keep it from making so much noise when it runs. https://www.campingworld.com/shurflo...RoCBzsQAvD_BwE . Now I don't hear it at all and it's easy to get to if it fails again.
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:50 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Hey Rob, I am thinking of doing the same relocation of my water pump. can you post a few pics. thanks
Chief55m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief55m View Post
Hey Rob, I am thinking of doing the same relocation of my water pump. can you post a few pics. thanks
Morning Steve, You can use anything as a mounting plate but since I was on the road I didn't have a way of cutting any material down to size so I went to a glass company and had them cut a 1/4 piece of plexiglass for a mount. I used some self tapping screws to screw it to the frame of the macerator. Helps to have a 90 degree drill attachment. First pic shows it mounted, second shows screws into frame, third and fourth show the white hoses (silencing kit) connecting back to the coach water lines. By keeping the pump separate from the PEX water lines, this keeps the pump from making the PEX water lines vibrate causing all the noise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_082711.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	254712   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_082716.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	254713  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_082751.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	254714   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_082734.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	254715  

rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:54 AM   #10

I did something similar to what Rob described, but for slightly different reasons. I installed a new Aquajet ES pump on top of the macerator and left the Shuflo pump in place on "semi-hot standby."

More info in this thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/new-...by-433673.html
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:02 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Rob, this is my next Project. Semper Fi brother
Chief55m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Tips on replacing an ‘18 water pump

My son, who is an ex-helicopter flight engineer and licensed A&P mechanic with amazing mechanical skills and dexterity, was able to remove the pump but replacing it proved more difficult. He did a good job filling the small opening so my slender wife tried her hand at it. I finally took my turn which was probably comical to see with 1 1/2 shoulders and a pretty new knee hampering my mobility. Hard to get both hands on the pump at the same time. Hoses and wires get in the way of tools and vision. We weren’t successful. I’m going to reposition it vertically on the face of the macerator frame. Just have to decide what to use as a mounting surface.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
I’m going to reposition it vertically on the face of the macerator frame. Just have to decide what to use as a mounting surface.
Again, when I did mine...
I drilled 4 holes in the white wetbay panel.
I screwed the pump to a piece of scrap wood.
I held the wood and pump up behind the white panel and ran screws thru my predrilled holes.

All the parts needed to extend the hoses are at Lowes.

Done.

Not as elegant as what some of the machinist/engineering types here do, but simple. effective, and quiet.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:23 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Jim,

So to replace your pump you remove the screws from the outside which releases your 1x6 mount and pump?

Tags
water, water pump