Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 PM   #57

Forest River Owners Club
Check the DOT code on the tires - the last 4 numbers are the week and year the tire was made. 1409 means its the 14th week of 2009.
NeverGrowUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Does anybody have a link to a price list, looked on their web site & couldn't find a word on Rettrobands?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #59

The Rettroband price for 315s is shown earlier in this thread. The price for 365s is roughly $1,000 more if I remember correctly.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:31 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We have tyron bands. Probably not as good as the new Retrobands, but better than nothing.
DebbieMH : Can you tell me a bit more about these Tyron Bands & Retrobands...haven't heard of these before, or perhaps you can post links to their sites. Thank You, Fellow Traveler
Old 08-22-2019, 10:40 PM   #61

Folks seem fixated on Tyron Multi-Bands bead rings and are comparing them the Rettrobands however Tryon has also made a product similar to Rettroband for around 10 years with the Extended Runflat 4 and Extended Runflat ATR which have a bullet proof inner tire and initially designed for the Military and Armored Car industry.

You have to contact Tyron for pricing and application on their Ballistic Tire Products however they appear to have been out there for a long time.

The Tyron Extended Runflat 4 have been tested to run to 60 miles with all tires deflated so it would be interesting to see what their pricing would be for a 19.5 or 22 inch rim size.

Extended Runflat 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=oN2OmaVRe-A
Old 08-23-2019, 06:01 AM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocker View Post
Does anybody have a link to a price list, looked on their web site & couldn't find a word on Rettrobands?
Call National Indoor RV Center. The prices go by tire size.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:09 AM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
Folks seem fixated on Tyron Multi-Bands bead rings and are comparing them the Rettrobands however Tryon has also made a product similar to Rettroband for around 10 years with the Extended Runflat 4 and Extended Runflat ATR which have a bullet proof inner tire and initially designed for the Military and Armored Car industry.

You have to contact Tyron for pricing and application on their Ballistic Tire Products however they appear to have been out there for a long time.

The Tyron Extended Runflat 4 have been tested to run to 60 miles with all tires deflated so it would be interesting to see what their pricing would be for a 19.5 or 22 inch rim size.

I waked away from Tryon 10 years ago as i was not impressed with them and the special tools required. Personally, I would not mess with their military grade, that may or may not take special tools again when I can install Rettrobands made for me the RV'er and be changed with normal tools that I carry.

A much more eye appealing video
Old 08-23-2019, 06:41 AM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
[QUOTE=brobox;4923162]I waked away from Tryon 10 years ago as i was not impressed with them and the special tools required. Personally, I would not mess with their military grade, that may or may not take special tools again when I can install Rettrobands made for me the RV'er and be changed with normal tools that I carry.

Great info, thanks!
Old 08-23-2019, 07:59 AM   #65

For those that have had the Retrobands installed, were you instructed on how to react to a blowout?
Different from speeding up to gain control w/o the Retrobands?

To Chucks point about reflexes, add strength. We are newbies. At first, I was going to let DW drive from point A-B on interstate but now think that is a huge mistake.
I would much rather her drive in under 45mph with traffic than at highway speed. At 120lbs soaking wet, her ability to handle the coach is greatly improved, we can share drive time and both gain experience and knowledge of “what to do”.
We plan on adding the RB’s this fall on our way through ATL.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:11 AM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, Just noticed from your post that you have a Classic Aspire that were using Goodyear tires back then. If the steer tires have not been changed to a different brand, that is something you want to do immediately. Post after post here of those tires blowing out. hdgoldie had her Aspire totaled out with those tire only a couple of year old.

If you want to have your DW learn to drive comfortably, find a nice section of 4 lane highway close to the Interstate. Everybody will be on the Interstate and you will find most 4 lanes like that are like a private highway. 19 in GA and FL are like that. Find one on the map like that in your travels and let her enjoy the ride at her speed as she won't bother anyone.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:58 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post

Extended Runflat 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=oN2OmaVRe-A

Each of them are a different product. The Tyron run flat is a military type product tested with gun fire and other methods. They will travel up to 60 miles after the tire is deflated. It had been around for quite some time

The Rettroband is a new product that permits the driver to maintain control and drive up to 5 miles after the tire is deflated.

The Tyron beads is a product which holds the deflated tire to the rim and permit the driver to maintain control giving you time to get off the road. The first two products do not need any special tool if the tire needs to be changed on the highway. The Tyon beads require a tool called a spyder which you purchase at the time you have the beads installed. This permits a mobile unit to change your tire on the highway.

I have the Tyon beads currently and intend very shortly on reinstalling them on new steer tire. They have been around and I think that Foretravel installs them on their coaches. I met an RV'er a few years back who had real experience with the beads and swore by them. My wife as well as myself drives coach. My goal is to travel safely , being able to control the coach in the event of a blowout, and get to the side of the road. I have no desire to drive 60 or 5 miles for that matter on a flat tire. Insofar as the mobile operator changing the tire roadside, it is no issue with the spyder. There are youtube videos showing how it is completed.

Which product is the best? Obviously the Tyron run flat far exceeds the Tyron beads and the Rettrobands. As to which of the other products are better than the other, 2.50 for a cup of coffee will get you a host of opinions. You need to review each product for yourself and see which best suits your needs.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
For those that have had the Retrobands installed, were you instructed on how to react to a blowout?
Different from speeding up to gain control w/o the Retrobands?

To Chucks point about reflexes, add strength. We are newbies. At first, I was going to let DW drive from point A-B on interstate but now think that is a huge mistake.
I would much rather her drive in under 45mph with traffic than at highway speed. At 120lbs soaking wet, her ability to handle the coach is greatly improved, we can share drive time and both gain experience and knowledge of “what to do”.
We plan on adding the RB’s this fall on our way through ATL.
Tom I had them installed this spring. As far as reacting to a blow that hasn’t changed. What has changed the Mh will only drop half as far and you’ll still be running on an inner Retroband instead of the rim so there will be much less to react to. You will also be able to continue to drive to a safe place and/or repair facility.
I can tell you I was glad I had them this summer in the Colorado mountains. Looking over the edge on some of those cliffs with no guard rails makes you glad you have every advantage available.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:25 AM   #69

Heere are the prices from the thread in March - April 2019---

"
Originally Posted by Bunkerhill View Post
I called NIRV in Atlanta. I was told the cost for both front tires was $4495 plus tax.
That should be for the 365 size. $3,495 for 315 and smaller."

This is the link: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/inte...-434191-2.html

There are more current prices in this current thread a few pages back..... If you would start at the beginning and read through both this thread and the link, you will have a lot of information....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #70

Chuck, GY’s are gone. Prior owner Doug put Michelin’s on a couple of years ago on the front.
I replaced all the rears with Yokohama’s.
Thanks again for the reminder for all owners regardless of their coach brand.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote