Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2016, 03:59 PM   #1

Tire Covers

Can anyone point me in the right direction to some good tire covers. I have
used the 'search' tool, with no luck. I have the same tires I would guess that most recent Entegras have. Any help, or link, or Thread would be much appreciated. I have researched some, but I have heard you need to get bigger than the measurements of the tires. So, some of you I know would have the ticket to right size and fit for my 17 Entegra Anthem RBQ.

Thanks very much !!
Jactravlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Here are the posts for Entegra Tire Covers. https://www.google.com/search?q=Ente...earch=irv2.com
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #3

I got some from Walmart last fall. They came two in a package and were a little north of $20.00/package. There were two sizes, so make certain if you get them there that they are the correct size. Mine seem to be doing well so far and have stayed on during several wind storms.

Good luck in your search.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:29 PM   #4

There is suppose to be a person in Red Bay, AL who makes a tire shade cover that attaches to the outside of your rig, it is probably held on by velcro. Sorry, don't have his name or number. Maybe someone else on here knows about him.
Maverick_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:53 PM   #5

Thanks !! Guess I'm going with the 303...heck,,,,I don't buy green banana's anymore....
Jactravlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:52 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
These are more expensive than most, but are easy to use and look the best in my opinion. On their site go to tire shades.

Products | Magne Shade | UV Fabrics, Sunshade for RV, RV Shade, Installs from the ground, Magnetic Shade, Magnet Sun Shade Shades
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #7

Wheel covers

I had a canvas man make these up, there made of Sunbrella. He came up with plastic snaps the are installed with an achieve that can be removed if necessary.
Very easy to put on and off and offers a rather sleek look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel cover 1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	388.3 KB
ID:	146191   Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel cover 2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	434.1 KB
ID:	146192  

nella1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #8

Commercial Member

Covers (white vinyl or the Sunshade material in other colors do a good job of keeping the tire cool which 303 and other spray ons can't do. While UV is not good for tires heat can cause internal structural damage.
You mightr learn more on my post on white covers.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #9

I also went to a local tent and awning company and had shade covers made that attach to the outside of the coach with the same type of what I call a twist lock that was used for the bra and window shades.. They are easy to put on and off . I did mark the inside of each with what tire they cover with a Sharpe.
I think they are much easier to put on and off than the ones that slip over the tires. Good luck.

Charlie and Deb
02 Monaco Windsor PKDD with 2010 Traverse
Charlie1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:08 AM   #10

Tireman9 (Roger) while reading your "White Covers" article I remembered that the white covers I bought at Walmart were thicker than just one layer of material. I'm thinking that extra thickness could be insulation to reduce the amount of heat getting to the tire. Is this a reasonable assumption, or could it have the opposite effect?

The "White Covers" article was very informative, thanks for writing it.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have Covercraft wheel covers and I love them. They have a metal ring on the inside of the cover. Put them on by pulling the ring and it slide right over the tire. Once in place let go of the ring and your set. No straps or ties to mess with.

SnapRing TireSavers - Covercraft
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #12

rvsunshadeco, Naples FL. High quality and premium price but a great product. Must advise that you have to be fit to install, or as I've been told it's only a number.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:26 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I have the Magnashade covers. Nice thing is they cover the tire and allow you to still see the wheel. Less than 5 Minutes to install all 6. Less to remove.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:31 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I think it was Pat Bauer who took this approach, using sunshade materials with rare earth magnets to "attach" the wheel well covers to the coach. Check out the mods thread.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote