Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #15

Agree that any system is far better than none. I have the TST 507 internal system. It costs about $15 to $25/tire to install depending on the tire shop and tire size, free if done when replacing tires. The advantage of user replacement of batteries was not a plus for me, as the sensor batteries last 5 to 7 years and you should be replacing your tires in that time frame. TST will send new sensors to have when you need batteries, and you just return the old for only a reasonable battery cost. With the internal sensors you eliminate the problems of theft, damage, and the difficulty of checking and adding air, especially if you use a double seal flow thru cap such as the Alligator V2B ones. Can not say enough good things about TST's phone customer support.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #16

Jim, TST also has internal sensors for trucks/RV's. I used them on one of my Airstreams. Worked fine. Went to external truck style (all brass) non flow thru's on the current AS.

Anyone have the cost of having internals installed on all of their coach tires?
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The internal sensors are interesting.
I need to see if they can be installed when Newmar is building the coach.

Does anyone make a receiver to monitor the sensors that are already installed in the toad?

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:02 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
The internal sensors are interesting.
I need to see if they can be installed when Newmar is building the coach.

Does anyone make a receiver to monitor the sensors that are already installed in the toad?
I've never seen one. I think each manufacturer has proprietary sensing. You would think somebody could make a fortune if they could tap into those sensor data.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:37 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I went with the EEZ RV mainly because of the rating on the forum and the larger display. No problems with the sensors and I didn't need the booster with the 43 foot floor plan.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:28 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
EEZRV TPMS is my recommendation. Very easy set up and ours has worked flawlessly for 3 years !
X2 love it
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #21

Had a long discussion with one of the Entegra folks some time ago about TPM. I was told that TPM was available for awhile at some point but was dropped due to the complexities of trying to put an OEM system on that would be capable of picking up the tow'd and mixing and matching sensors. The difficulties with including the tow'd capability do present some problems but it does seem to me that the a TPM on the coach would be almost mandatory these days for safety.

I found the system was much more reliable with the repeater mounted in the rear closet and powered by the nearby 12V closet light feed. No dropped signals since mounting the repeater. I would recommend it even though the system might work without it at some point. Mine was intermittant on the tow'd at times without it.

I have found the TPM to be very accurate compared to a known calibrated tire gauge. I got tired of comparing them......just use the TPM. It is really nice to just be able to drive off knowing the tire pressures without physically checking them each time.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:49 PM   #22

TST sensor warning

The TST sensors are sealed to the end of the valve stem by a tiny oring seated at the bottom of the female threads of the sensor. That little oring will randomly and rarely stick to the end of the vehicle valve stem and then either get knocked off and lost or damaged when reinstalling the sensor or it can transfer to the valve stem cap if you are removing the sensor and get lost that way.

In any case when removing the TST sensors be sure and confirm that the oring stayed with the sensor and is in place at the bottom of the female threads in the sensor and not sticking to the end of the vehicle valve stem.

Not to dwell on this but the oring is necessary to prevent leaks. The sensor will seal without the oring to some extent but a slow leak is likely without it. I keep extra orings in my TPM kit for the TST sensors. It is very easy to overlook it if it sticks to the end of the vehicle valve stem and will likely end up falling off or getting crushed in the valve stem cap. Trust me I found out the hard way several times.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #23

Robert, the TST will read while the coach is stationary once each sensor gets a connection to the receiver. The alarm is fairly loud and you also have a flashing red light when it goes off.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:22 PM   #24

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post
Couple of questions for TST users.

Is the system accurate first thing in the morning before moving the rv? It appears my TireMinder sensors "go to sleep" and need to sense motion before they wake up. Sometimes my readings will be different when I first check in the morning than they are after I roll for a hundred yards or so. This feature helps save battery life as my display only needs charging once a month and sensor batteries will last over a year, but can be frustrating when I get a temp reading that is considerably higher than ambient.

How loud is the alarm on the TST?
That's the way my SmarTire internal system used to work, but I got new tires and internal sensors that are supposed to work while stopped. But so far I haven't noticed that it does.
I prefer the TST 507 as I can read everything before moving but I didn't want to go back to the screw on sensors.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote