Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
AFTER weighing mine, I have 125 in the steer axle, 85 in the drive axle tires and 80 in the tag axle tires. I am right at the max on my steers and can't wait to get my new 315s installed on the steer axle to give me a little breathing room.
Thanks for the info Gene. If you have the 42RBQ it is the same model as mine. I think I probably should increase my drive axle to 85 till I get weighed. My tires though state the max psi is 120 so I don't think I can go that high on front. I too am getting the 315s in July.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
When I weighed mine(each wheel position), I was 200 lbs overweight on the front pass side. I adjusted the weight to compensate. I emptied the cargo bay. For me the tire pressures listed were accurate. 120 front(max), 85 on the drive axle and 75 on the tag. We are getting the 315's in a couple of weeks! At last I'll have some breathing room and more storage space!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
I sorry don't mean to hijack the OP's post. I tried to send a PM to Mr_D but couldn't figure out how to include the pic. There is no"Manage Attachments" in th PM.

Mr_D et al
I'm riding on Goodyear 670RV's. My front weight, couldn't get the corners weighed just front and back, is 7080 lbs, so 3660/tire. If I've read the Goodyear inflation chart correctly I should be running them at 85psi. My rear weight is 12180 = 6090/pair or 3045/tire, my question is what do I use if the weight is not on the chart? Do I run them at the first avail weight which in this case would be 80psi?
Attachment 21394

My rig is a Serrano, front end deisel.

Again sorry about jumping in on another OP's post.

Stewart
Never run a pressure lower than the lowest on the chart.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
When I weighed mine(each wheel position), I was 200 lbs overweight on the front pass side. I adjusted the weight to compensate. I emptied the cargo bay. For me the tire pressures listed were accurate. 120 front(max), 85 on the drive axle and 75 on the tag. We are getting the 315's in a couple of weeks! At last I'll have some breathing room and more storage space!
Exactly why we have 305/70's on the front now. Even with the 275/70's at 120 psi we were overweight on the passenger side. Now running the 305's at 100 psi. If we pack a rock or bowling ball collection along I can add air to support it. Can now use the full capacity of the 14,600# front axle. One other good thing was that Spartan inspected the chassis and said I had a 20,000# rear axle not 19,000# as rated by Newmar.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote