Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #1

tire pressure

On my Anthem by drivers side there are three different tire pressures listed being front, int, and rear. Does "int" mean the two sets of double tires? I was having trouble finding the recomended air pressures and just want to confirm. Any Anthem owner here who can clarify this for me?
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #2

To accurately do it you need to weigh each corner and then look up what the mfg says for that weight. Much eadier is to inflate to max listed on the tires side wall.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
To accurately do it you need to weigh each corner and then look up what the mfg says for that weight. Much eadier is to inflate to max listed on the tires side wall.
ON TRUCK size tires the cold pressure on the sidewall is the MINIMUM required to support the maximum weight rating of the tires. Same with the tire charts, it's the MINIMUM cold pressure to support the weight.

From page 2 of the 06/07 Michelin RV Tire Guide:
Quote:
"If you look at the tire's sidewall, you'll see the maximum load capacity allowed for the size tire and load rating, and the minimum cold air inflation needed to carry the maximum load."
From the Firestone/Bridgestone RV tire guide:
Quote:
Bear in mind that these are maximum ratings. The sidewall of the tire shows maximum load and minimum inflation pressure for that load
From the GoodYear RV Tire Guide:
Quote:
How much air is enough?
The proper air inflation for your tires depends on how much your fully loaded RV or trailer weighs. Look at the sidewall of your RV tire and you’ll see the maximum load capacity for the tire size and load rating, as well as the minimum cold air inflation, needed to carry that maximum load.
From TOYO
Quote:
Q: What are the consequences of inflating the tires to accommodate the actual loads?
A: If the inflation pressure corresponds to the actual tire load according to the tire manufacturer’s load and pressure table, the tire will be running at 100% of its rated load at that pressure. This practice may not provide sufficient safety margin. Any air pressure loss below the minimum required to carry the load can result in eventual tire failure.
But then TOYO goes ahead and publishes a weight/pressure chart allowing lower pressure for RV's!!

On car tires it is the maximum cold pressure that the tire should ever have.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #4

We have a 43 Aspire ,the dealer said front @ 125psi , rears @ 95psi .
backwater4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #5

Joyce can answer this for you. I can confirm the front 315's are 125psi.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:25 AM   #6

Thanks guys. I have emailed Joyce to see if she can help. I know the max pressure stamped onto the tire is 120psi. Am wondering what axles is the "INT" as refernced on the decal inside by driver seat.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

INTtermediate
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
Thanks guys. I have emailed Joyce to see if she can help. I know the max pressure stamped onto the tire is 120psi.
See my earlier post about it being the MINIMUM cold pressure for the maximum weight the tire can carry.

The only major tire manufacturer that doesn't follow that for RV tires is TOYO.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I sorry don't mean to hijack the OP's post. I tried to send a PM to Mr_D but couldn't figure out how to include the pic. There is no"Manage Attachments" in th PM.

Mr_D et al
I'm riding on Goodyear 670RV's. My front weight, couldn't get the corners weighed just front and back, is 7080 lbs, so 3660/tire. If I've read the Goodyear inflation chart correctly I should be running them at 85psi. My rear weight is 12180 = 6090/pair or 3045/tire, my question is what do I use if the weight is not on the chart? Do I run them at the first avail weight which in this case would be 80psi?
Click image for larger version

Name:	TireInflation.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	21394

My rig is a Serrano, front end deisel.

Again sorry about jumping in on another OP's post.

Stewart
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:07 AM   #10

Cruzer,
Joyce says "INT" is the tag axle and that "REAR" is the 4 dual tires in
the middle. I initially took int to mean middle exle but she says it is the tag which is the rear most axle? The label by drivers seat reads 120 front, 75 int and 85 rear so I have adjusted them to close to that pressure pending weighing the loaded coach. I actually got the front at 115 and others 75 and 85 as listed. The Anthem manual advises to fill to psi recommended by tire manufacturer based on weight or to fill to psi listed on label affixed to interior of motorhome so I adjusted to close to these weights till I can actually have the coach weighed. I did note though that the air in the dual tires was actually over 100 psi before I adjusted. I know it won't be the same for every coach but how much air are you guys driving 42-43 footer dp with tag axle carrying in your dual tires? And how does this number compare with your tag axle?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #11

Cruzer,
Joyce says "INT" is the tag axle and that "REAR" is the 4 dual tires on
The axle not so far to the rear as the tag axle. I initially took int to mean middle exle but she says it is the tag which is the rear most axle? The label by drivers seat reads 120 front, 75 int and 85 rear so I have adjusted them to close to that pressure pending weighing the loaded coach. I actually got the front at 115 and others 75 and 85 as listed. The Anthem manual advises to fill to psi recommended by tire manufacturer based on weight or to fill to psi listed on label affixed to interior of motorhome so I adjusted to close to these weights till I can actually have the coach weighed. I did note though that the air in the dual tires was actually over 100 psi before I adjusted. I know it won't be the same for every coach but how much air are you guys driving 42-43 footer dp with tag axle carrying in your dual tires? And how does this number compare with your tag axle?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:19 AM   #12

Cruzer,
Joyce says "INT" is the tag axle and that "REAR" is the 4 dual tires on
The axle not so far to the rear as the tag axle. I initially took int to mean middle exle but she says it is the tag which is the rear most axle? The label by drivers seat reads 120 front, 75 int and 85 rear so I have adjusted them to close to that pressure pending weighing the loaded coach. I actually got the front at 115 and others 75 and 85 as listed. The Anthem manual advises to fill to psi recommended by tire manufacturer based on weight or to fill to psi listed on label affixed to interior of motorhome so I adjusted to close to these weights till I can actually have the coach weighed. I did note though that the air in the dual tires was actually over 100 psi before I adjusted. I know it won't be the same for every coach but how much air are you guys driving 42-43 footer dp with tag axle carrying in your dual tires? And how does this number compare with your tag axle?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #13

Mr D tganks for the information. The Michelin tires also states the maximum psi. I have the Michelin tires and the Michelin RV tire guide which I will use for the psi determination when loaded coach is weighed.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #14

AFTER weighing mine, I have 125 in the steer axle, 85 in the drive axle tires and 80 in the tag axle tires. I am right at the max on my steers and can't wait to get my new 315s installed on the steer axle to give me a little breathing room.