Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #1

Tire Pressure

Just to confirm what I was told by the dealer, on my 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ the recommended pressures as a guide without having weighed the coach are:

Front axle 115psi
Drive axis duallies 105psi
Tag axle 95psi.

Any one sees a problem here?
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
FLT826MBR man

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
Just to confirm what I was told by the dealer, on my 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ the recommended pressures as a guide without having weighed the coach are:

Front axle 115psi
Tag axle 95psi.

Probably a little high but won't hurt until you get it weighed. Per my six position weighing, I'm at 110 PSI steer axle and 85 PSI for both the dual and tag axles. You may be a little heavier in the rear because of of your rear bath. Weigh it the first chance you get is my advice.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
Probably a little high but won't hurt until you get it weighed. Per my six position weighing, I'm at 110 PSI steer axle and 85 PSI for both the dual and tag axles. You may be a little heavier in the rear because of of your rear bath. Weigh it the first chance you get is my advice.
X2 what he said!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #4

My 44DLQ calls for 120 for the steer axle and 90 on everything else, although I carry 125 front and 95 on tag and main. That's after individual weights. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #5

Tire pressure

Quote:

Front axle 115psi
Tag axle 95psi.

Rogelling, If it was me, I would follow the factory recc. pressures specified on the plate mounted on the wall behind the drivers seat until you get your official weights. Just my opinion. Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUS4US View Post
Rogelling, If it was me, I would follow the factory recc. pressures specified on the plate mounted on the wall behind the drivers seat until you get your official weights. Just my opinion. Ron.
According to that label, front is 130, drive is 85 and tag 95. I think I will go close to that at 120, 95 and 95.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I am running closer to DLOVING. That's after 4-corner weights at Sartan in Charlotte and adjusting the tire pressure to their and Michilin recommendations (except for the tag which if you followed their chart you'd put it at 70 which seems low.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I put in what is on the yellow sticker, I did think it was odd that the tag and drive are different. Why? Also my Aspire calls for 125 front, but I cant get my compressor to go past 117, so I go with that..
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:54 AM   #9

Quote:

Front axle 115psi
Tag axle 95psi.

To be save you should calculate it with spreadsheet of mine, or let me do it and give a picture of it in my answering post.
In the spreadsheet I use given weight on the axles in part 2 and even seperate wheels in part 3 , that is if its for motorhomes, but can be used for 5th wheelers to with some imagination.
But I dont know what we have here , mayby its a trailer, let it know.
In absence of weighed loads the spreadsheet uses GAWR's and adds a saver reserve to that. At the top of the adviced pressures it is given what is used and the % reserve added.

So give maximum load and needed pressure for that ( wich is not the maximum pressure) given on sidewall and maximum speed of tire would be nice.

From the vehicle ( whatever it is) the GAWR's and configuration ( number of axles and total number of tires front and back).

With those data I can calculate a save pressure with some reserve.
jadatis is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure