Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #15

I have EEZ tire to with 12 sensors. This spring when got out of storage would not pickup any of the sensors but 1. It is 2 years old , is it possible all batteries are dead or beens it was shut off for 6 months has it just lost program. Have all new batteries sitting here but have not changed yet. Leaving in week for trip so need to do something I guess
anthem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #16

While we are on tire temps and pressures here. A quick ? I run 85 psi in all rear tires, as per the individual wheel weight by Spartan. The tag axle tires are always 10-20 degrees higher than the temps of the drive axle tires. I don't currently use a tpms and have been checking them with a temp gun. No, the brakes are not to tight nor have found any other issue that may cause heat build up. Are any of you noticing this same difference.
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem16 View Post
I have EEZ tire to with 12 sensors. This spring when got out of storage would not pickup any of the sensors but 1. It is 2 years old , is it possible all batteries are dead or beens it was shut off for 6 months has it just lost program. Have all new batteries sitting here but have not changed yet. Leaving in week for trip so need to do something I guess
Anything is possible. It’s unlikely that the unit has lost its program since the program is most likely stored in flash memory.

Since you have the batteries I’d change them all out and test the unit and the sensors. When I was told by EEZ that the sensors sit with batteries installed on the shelf until sold I chang d all batteries and started fresh. I’ll continue to change all batteries every couple of years.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #18

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
While we are on tire temps and pressures here. A quick ? I run 85 psi in all rear tires, as per the individual wheel weight by Spartan. The tag axle tires are always 10-20 degrees higher than the temps of the drive axle tires. I don't currently use a tpms and have been checking them with a temp gun. No, the brakes are not to tight nor have found any other issue that may cause heat build up. Are any of you noticing this same difference.
Except for slightly higher temps on the side exposed to the sun my temps are much closer then you’re seeing. I also run 85 on all my rear tires, but I get my temps from the TST TPMS I use. We’re traveling tomorrow and I’ll try to make a point of looking at the temp differences on the rear axles.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaspiveys View Post
I hate my EezTire system.....let's get that out of the way right now. I changed all the batteries in the sensors back in December and 4 of them are not reporting data, so I assume they are dead again....that is another story.

With only 50% of the tires reporting I am checking air frequently on this trip but the fluctuations are killing me.

This morning it was 79 degrees and the coach had been sitting still for 2 days, I adjusted my pressures. (110 on the front, 90 on the rears)
About 1.5 hours into the I-65 drive my tire alarms start going off, the air temp is in the low 90s by this point and the front tires are hitting 130 and the rear tires are at 110 and 111. Had a similar experience a few days ago, adjusted the pressures that morning as well.

Is a 20psi increase reasonable?
I started with one of those cheap systems but switched quickly to Pressure Pro. They just work!! More money, less hassle.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:14 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I had Pressure Pro for ten years. They worked well but I got tired of the high expense of changing the sensors just because the batteries went out. I will say that the batteries lasted about 4 years, but when faced with replacing ten more sensors at over $35 each, I replaced it with an Eez Tire system. Now I can replace the batteries for about a buck apiece. So what if I have to change them every 2 years? I am satisfied with the Eez Tire system. You have to set your high temp and high pressure alarms high enough to account for the normal increases noted above. These increases are normal and expected and not a cause for concern. It is only if one tire pressure/temperature rises significantly more than others on the same axle that you need to look into it.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:46 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Has anyone tried the tire monitoring system by RVI?
https://rvibrake.com/pages/tire-safety

Cheers!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #22

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
Has anyone tried the tire monitoring system by RVI?
https://rvibrake.com/pages/tire-safety

Cheers!
No, but you got me to go look at it. At first glance it appears to be a nice system. I especially like having all the pressures on the screen at one time instead of doing a scroll-through like I do on the the TST system I currently have.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Impressive looking system, especially the setup. Gary needs one of these for his new Cornerstone.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Impressive looking system, especially the setup. Gary needs one of these for his new Cornerstone.
Got my vote!!!
Old 07-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #25

As Darth Vader would say, "Impressive!" Looks like a pretty cool system! I like the large color screen with all pressures constantly displayed. Hmmm, Christmas is not that far away
Anthem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RVIbrake Command Center?

In addition to tire monitoring, the command center can also be used to help find that level spot before lowering your jacks. That's pretty slick. I've tried to get level in some campgrounds and found my front tires off the ground, even after dumping the air out of my bags and manually leveling. With this, I'd know if I'm even close before attempting to auto level.

https://rvibrake.com/products/tire-p...nt=21487887429

https://rvibrake.com/pages/command-center

Still hoping Gary will volunteer to test this out for us.

Tags
tire pressure