Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 08:50 AM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
As Gary suggested, I talked to Tire Minder and they no longer make the system I have (I have had it for about 4 years). They were very nice and tried to help, but since none of the tires now are showing a pressure reading, they are saying I need to send it to them and they will do some testing and see if they can fix it. But, that will mean shipping the whole system to them and waiting. I don't want to be without a pressure monitoring system on this trip. I'm biting the bullet and have purchased the EEZRV system and hopefully will have better luck with that one. I am hopeful that it will be delivered to Ruidoso Motorcoach Ranch by Friday and we can get it installed. Anyway, that's my latest update. Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2016, 03:30 PM   #58

Tire pressure monitor

I have a related question, sort of. I have the EEZ system as well and will be installing it this week. I am sure I am not looking in the right place, but cannot find the temperature acceptable to input into the device. I have the Goodyear tires, not Michelin. Anyone want to help me be lazy or direct me to where I can find the information. I have been to the Goodyear site and while I have pressures they do not talk about temperatures.

Mike
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mike, on our TST TPMS the temp comes preset and we're unable to change it.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:19 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Diva
I have a related question, sort of. I have the EEZ system as well and will be installing it this week. I am sure I am not looking in the right place, but cannot find the temperature acceptable to input into the device. I have the Goodyear tires, not Michelin. Anyone want to help me be lazy or direct me to where I can find the information. I have been to the Goodyear site and while I have pressures they do not talk about temperatures.

Mike
The EEZTire comes preset at 158F, it is possible to change it but they don't recommend it. If you do decide to change it let me know.
Gilleshps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #61

Do not change the TPMS temp setting no need to you won't ever see any temps even close to 158 and your coach tires will be lower temps then your toad tires.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:49 PM   #62

Tire pressure monitor

Okay I must not have read the directions as well as I thought, do not remember it telling me the temperature was pre-programmed. I will not change it, I can go with the flow. Thanks for the insight. Guess I will re-read and start setting the unit up and installing the units on the valve stems.

Mike
Old 05-25-2016, 08:25 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Diva
Okay I must not have read the directions as well as I thought, do not remember it telling me the temperature was pre-programmed. I will not change it, I can go with the flow. Thanks for the insight. Guess I will re-read and start setting the unit up and installing the units on the valve stems.

Mike
If you need help setting up your sensors just call EEZRV, Tom will walk you right through it. They usually offer free programming on all TPMS kits prior to shipping. You just have to give them your tire pressures and rig/TV setup.
Gilleshps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:32 PM   #64

Tire pressure monitor

Thanks for the insight

Old 05-25-2016, 08:55 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
I have a question as well. Mine should be here tomorrow and I will install it then. Outsideourbubble.com said to set the high pressure alarm 20% over what your tire pressures should be at; and the low pressure 10% under. So, my front tires should be 125 so, should I set the high pressure alarm to sound at 150 psi? Seems kinda high; and the low pressure alarm at 112 psi???? That seems pretty low. Am I missing something? Thanks, Lynn
Old 05-25-2016, 10:22 PM   #66

Newmar Owners Club
That's about right on the limits. On my TST system as the tire temperature rises the pressure reading does also. Remember your old high school chemistry, PV=NRT. Basically as the temp rises, the pressure increases. My fronts are inflated to 125psi for true load analysis, as the day goes by they read 150-155 psi on a 85F day. The rear end I inflate to 85psi. They get up to about 105 psi indications on a 85F day. I think 10% low is a valid number to set off an alarm. IMO
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:57 AM   #67

Lynn, that sounds about right. You might try 145 but don't be surprised IF under high ambient & road temps you exceed that high pressure.

I run 128 in fronts. Settings : Low at 120 High 150

95 in drive axle. Settings: Low at 85. High at 110

85 in tag axle. Settings: Low at 75. High at 100

There was a bit of trial and error to begin with as with lower HIGH PRESSURE settings I was getting alarms. I discussed it with several people including Tom and finally settled on these settings.

Similiar w/toad: 35 all around air pressure Settings: high 42. low 32 works for us.

Once again you will see higher TEMPERATURE readings in the toad tires vs the coach tires.

Also there is an extremely knowledgeable retired tire industry gentleman on another forum ( some of you certainly know who I'm referring to ) and he was very helpful in explaining and discussing tire pressure vs tire temperature and settings with many of us for our TPMS systems and these are along those guidelines.

Hope this helps.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:18 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks y'all. I sure hope I have better luck with EEZRV than I have had with the other brand. According to my tracking number it should be here today. We are heading out again on Wednesday to Tucson, Arizona ... so really want to have the monitoring system up and running. I'm hopeful that I can program it with the instructions and watching "outside our bubble" video several times. Stay tuned!
Old 05-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
I just installed mine with no problems for all 12. If I can do it surely you can. Use method 2 in the Instruction Manual. The only problem I had was that I was a little slow on coding the sensors for the toad and the system reset and I had to start over. If you write all of your pressures down as instructed you will have no problems.

My only difference is that I run 105 psi in the fronts. I have never had a problem in over 135000 miles. I know that is not what the charts say but it makes for a much better ride.
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Finally got off my tail and ordered the EEZ a few minutes ago. Just hooked up the new toad so it was time for the highly recommended TPMS. I was told if you mentioned the Tiffin forum the repeater would be included.....it was.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure