Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2021, 10:12 AM   #29

Anyone with a 2021 experiencing the Valor troubles or has Spartan rectified?
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlust View Post
To clarify my current problem with the Spartan tire sensor issue.

Since my original post, and after starting the Cummins and letting it idle for 10 minutes and prior to moving I had readings from most of the sensors. Once I started moving all readings went away.

Seems like a communications issue and the stated antenna placement problems could be me issue.

Will Spartan provide an addition antenna?

Thanks!
Yes they will. Once the original antenna is moved and a second one added your communication trouble should be resolved.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:08 PM   #31

AZA

You say your coach is a 2019 Anthem. You may have noticed that I said my coach is a 2019 Cornerstone and it was one of the first Cornerstones down the assembly line. Was yours one of the early Anthems down the line? You may also remember that after working well for ~ 2 years, my sensors started not reporting pressures and more and more of them would not show on the dash. I had to delay my 2 year PDI at Middlebury until 2.5 years and after that was done, I had my first ever appointment at Spartan in Charlotte. None of the sensors were reporting. One of the things that the remote programmer does is that it will read the voltages of the in-tire sensors. Spartan and Valor say the sensor batteries are supposed to be good from 5 to 7 years. All mine had failed at 2.5 years. The voltages in all sensor batteries was < 2.7 VDC and Spartan told me that batteries should work properly from 2.7 top 3.7 volts (the brand new battery voltage). All 8 of mine were below 2.7 VDC. All my toad batteries (bought from Don Rigby the summer of 2019 after I took delivery of the coach) were well within the proper voltage range and all the toad sensors worked the whole time. The explanation that Spartan had for my batteries on the coach failing was that the sensors were probably "old" sensors that Spartan had in their stock while they were testing how the system would work before the Valor system was introduced on new production models. So, here is the important part, yes, Spartan dismounted all 8 coach tires, mounted 8 brand new sensors, one in each wheel, balanced each wheel/tire, and remounted them. They also added a third antenna (positions described earlier in this thread). Since they did that all sensors are working again. I paid nothing. Spartan's warranty is a 3 year warranty from purchase so it was all covered by warranty.

Now, to the other question, yes, they added a third antenna. My third antenna was mounted just a little forward of my hitch.

Now, I have been a proponent of the Valor system. I love the fact that the sensors are color coded. When everything is working, in a quick glance I see that all sensors are green and that means that everything is hunky dory. About a month ago I fired up the coach in Dallas after one of my chemo treatments at Baylor, took a quick look at the dash and one of the tires was bright red and the pressure was 40#..... I had picked up a metal rod right through the passenger tag axle tire. Sure was easy to see the problem. Bright red makes a big impression on our brains !

Now, although I have been a defender of the Valor TPMS system, I had already decided that if I was responsible for paying for all of the sensors to be changed as detailed above, I would spend about the same amount of money and buy an external TPMS system. I used to be very happy with TireMinder, but I would have given TST a serious look. It appears obvious that if we keep our coaches beyond 5 to 7 years, then we will all be faced wtih spending nearly $1,000 to replace and balance all tires, or about the same money to buy a top shelf external sensor system.

So, there you have my experience.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:17 PM   #32

Randy

The problem you are experiencing is essentially the opposite of what I experienced.... my pressure would be there, but then disappear over hours on the road until I had no pressures showing (batteries were fading with use, I assume). Having the pressures while stopped and then go away as you move could be consistent with bad batteries, or with a communication problem, as you guess. Your coach should have two antennas on it.... One is easily seen simply from the ground level by looking under the Onan.... mine sticks down behind the Onan and lower than the metal mount of the generator. My second antenna was mounted back by the transmission and was harder to see as it was mounted higher.

Now, you have a 2022 and all of this should be covered by your warranty. I would schedule your coach into a competent dealer or the dealer that you bought it from and they should be able to get it all working and it should be no cost to you. All costs should be paid by either Entegra or Spartan.

Now, an individual tire sensor may "disappear" for a few minutes even when they are all working but then it should come back on. On my coach, it may take several hundred yards of travel (when you first start moving in the morning) before the dash "picks up" all the sensors.

Gary
Old 06-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite17 View Post
Anyone with a 2021 experiencing the Valor troubles or has Spartan rectified?
I had a 19 that did not work when delivered. I now have a 21 that does not work as delivered either. With my experience, Spartan has not rectified the problem. As has been posted, it is a long drawn out process to get it to work. Then about that time the batteries go dead and you start all over.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aza View Post
I have a 2019 Anthem all tire pressure reads never worked! Finally I obtained a test meter to check individual tires and only one worked. I sent several emails to Spartan to ask what I should do next. My mechanic says each tire must be removed and batteries replaced. I assume this is at my expense. I purchased an after market system that works great.

To buy an Eez tpms with enough sensors to cover coach an toad, at 60 bucks a sensor, you are north of 700 bucks. Not cheap either.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:34 PM   #35

TPMS

I just purchased but not taken delivery of a 2021 Regatta. La Mesa in Tucson, AZ cannot deliver the coach because one tire is not reading correctly. It has been three working days and they do not have a part number to replace the sensor. The salesman Jerry Edwards is working to get this resolved.

Has anyone out there not been able to take delivery because of this issue?
jlandon13399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:11 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandon13399 View Post
I just purchased but not taken delivery of a 2021 Regatta. La Mesa in Tucson, AZ cannot deliver the coach because one tire is not reading correctly. It has been three working days and they do not have a part number to replace the sensor. The salesman Jerry Edwards is working to get this resolved.

JMO, have the dealer install a TST TPMS and have a system that will work for as long as you own the coach. So far neither of the two factory installed Valors I have owned have worked properly.

To "try" to get it resolved, contact Don Rigby listed at the beginning of this post. He is the factory rep for the system.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:22 PM   #37

Jack

Don Rigby is the Stateside Rep for Valor. If that is the TPMS system that you have on your coach, have LaMesa give him a call. If they are not familiar with the system, then get them on the phone with Don. His number is: 734-634-3278 and his email is: rigby.don@gmail.com

The system works just fine, but it takes someone with some knowledge to get it to work. Further, they are going to need a remote programmer to program the baselines into the Valor System. All of this presupposes that you have the Valor system in your coach. If your system is some other brand, forget everything that I just wrote.

Gary
Old 06-16-2021, 05:14 AM   #38

Do I believe my tire pressure sensor or my tire gauge, they read different
buck58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:24 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
JMO, have the dealer install a TST TPMS and have a system that will work for as long as you own the coach. So far neither of the two factory installed Valors I have owned have worked properly.

To "try" to get it resolved, contact Don Rigby listed at the beginning of this post. He is the factory rep for the system.

Agree^^^ install the TST and never mess with it again.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:27 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandon13399 View Post

You could call Spartan yourself and get the part#, then pass on to lazy LaMesa. It isn't that difficult to get a part number.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:32 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
21 Aspire. Dash tire readings disappear towards the end of a travel day. Any ideas?
Georgefhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:36 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgefhou View Post
21 Aspire. Dash tire readings disappear towards the end of a travel day. Any ideas?
one of two things: weak sensor batts or tpms antenna placement.

Tags
monitor, spartan, tire, tire pressure