Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2021, 08:28 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Tire Pressure monitoring Spartan

Any words of wisdom to locate problem with a new 2022 Aspire, the TPS on a Spartan display not showing any tire pressure or temps?
rlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2021, 12:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlust View Post
Any words of wisdom to locate problem with a new 2022 Aspire, the TPS on a Spartan display not showing any tire pressure or temps?
Call Spartan and they will get you in touch with someone with programmming tool.
Ray Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:20 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Many of the Valor TPMS do not work out of the box. To get it to work Don Rigby needs to be contacted rigby.don@gmail.com 734 634-3278 to setup the the expensive factory installed DIY kit. Can you tell I am not a fan. I would be much happier if Entegra supplied me a TST in the box and let me have a TMPS that works.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:31 AM   #4

99% of the valor tpms issues are due to the antenna location. Nirvc has been trying many different locations but recently found that adding one more antenna seems to have resolved the no communication issue.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:48 AM   #5

Quote:

Randy, is this the main coach system that is not showing tire pressures or the add on for a toad?
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:49 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
It is just the coach, the display on the Spartan dash.
rlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:56 AM   #7

Randy

Where did you purchase your coach?

The dealer should have set it all up before you took delivery of the coach, and if it is near, you should have the option of returning it to them to set up. As others have said, Don Rigby is the Valor factory rep (he is a retired Valor sales guy or tech) and he can loan or sell you the programmer but all legit dealers of Entegra coaches have that capability and should have the programmer and should have had it all set up for you upon purchase.

And yes, my coach has been worked on several times.... one antenna fell off, and one was bad, and the last time at Spartan home base in Michigan, the tech installed a third antenna. The system still may show only half of the tire pressures when I first fire up the Cummins but picked them all up (including the four toad sensors) within the first couple hundred yards of travel.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:56 AM   #8

You aren't the Lone Ranger, schedule it into Spartan in Charlotte, MI and let them deal with it.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:51 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I purchased 2 new coach a 19 and again a 21, both from NIRVC. They have not learned to setup the Valor TPMS yet. They 4 corner weighed my coach and assured me the TPMS system was set at the right numbers. I made it just outside of Atlanta and had amber warning lights all the way home to FL. After 2 brand new systems, they do not work out of the box, the owners has to fix it themselves.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 08:40 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
It is just the coach, the display on the Spartan dash.

Has it never shown anything or did it just stop? Are all other read outs functioning properly?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I purchased 2 new coach a 19 and again a 21, both from NIRVC. They have not learned to setup the Valor TPMS yet. They 4 corner weighed my coach and assured me the TPMS system was set at the right numbers. I made it just outside of Atlanta and had amber warning lights all the way home to FL. After 2 brand new systems, they do not work out of the box, the owners has to fix it themselves.

Chuck, the Valor add-on for your toad, is that something you need to order from Spartan? On-line?
NIRVC? We have a new coach coming in and would like to have the toad set up when pulling out.
Thanks
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:32 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan is 6 months out for scheduling, I tried that route. I’ve been to 2 RV dealers and a Cummins Coach Care facility recommended my Entegra CS. I still don’t have all tires responding. We are headed out for 3 month trip and I’ve put our EEZ tire monitoring system back on. It also keeps track of the toad.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Has it never shown anything or did it just stop? Are all other read outs functioning properly?
If you take it in they will move the current antenna then add a second. Once this is done you should have readings on the dash
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:34 PM   #14

My experience is that NIRVC, andin my opinion, any real Entegra dealer has the equipment and knowledge of how to program and how to set up the VALOR TPMS system and NIRVC has had that knowledge on how to do all this since I left their lot in May 2019 because their techs and Woo (the head tech in Atlanta) and I set mine up so they have the programmer and they have the knowledge. (What we did was input the wrong baselines that I then needed to change and adjust over time to get to workable values) NIRVC in Dallas also has the equipment and the knowledge. It is simply inaccurate to imply that they don't. They have been doing this now for three years. Now some off-the-main-path dealer selling a used coach or their first Entegra coach with the Valor system may have no idea how to do that, but any major Entegra dealer has the equipment to do the job.

Now, having the equipment does not mean that they know how to program all the parameters accurately and do the job well. I have now been using the Valor TPMS system since May of 2018 and I have had a bunch of problems initially (until Don and I came up with better programming numbers), but almost all of them have been due to Spartan having installed old sensors in all 8 wheel positions with old, near-end-of-life batteries in the sensors in my coach as it was one of the first Cornerstones that came down the assembly line. So my biggest problem was failed batteries. My second problem was the aforementioned antenna placement problem. That has beer an issue and it still may be an issue. My coach had two antennas.... one right behind the Onan location, and a second one right near the transmission. The transmission antenna has been relocated and Spartan installed a third antenna in my Cornerstone last November.... the location of the third antenna is very near the back of the coach, essentially right below the Cummins engine. With three antennas, all has worked very well (not perfectly, but 98% perfect).

In 37,000 miles, I can attest to the fact that the system is capable of working well and reliably. The biggest problem is that people (including techs) don't know how to program the right baselines. I was going to publish my strategy up here a month ago, but then decided to delay until I got back from this last trip. I have had no false alarms and no real problems in this last ~ 4,000 mile trip with my current settings. Give me a few days to recover from this last trip and I will publish all the data.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, spartan, tire, tire pressure