Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
X2 on the corrosion.
I wonder if brushing a little Vaseline on the battery connections if it would eliminate the corrosion? It works on my big batteries.

How are you doing Emerson? I hope you are healing well.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I wonder if brushing a little Vaseline on the battery connections if it would eliminate the corrosion? It works on my big batteries.

How are you doing Emerson? I hope you are healing well.
Thanks for asking - as Dave Ramsey likes to say "Better than I deserve" The nurses and Doc seem to have been impressed although I wonder if they're just being polite. One said "That is the kind of scar you pray for" - Not exactly something I had thought to pray for.

Anyway - other than getting tired and an ache in the sternum as if someone had sawed through it (Oh wait - someone did), I am doing great.

MH is in Jupiter in final stages of having my little disaster fixed and we will be able to drive down to pick it up by the end of the month.

Kind of amazing - we came home for a week or so while the work was being done and that was when I realized that we needed to go to the doctor - Very fortunate. I think Someone was watching out for me.

Hope to see you and others down the road.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:48 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Please feel free to call me if you have any questions on the TST TPMS I am available until midnight daily. Thanks, Mike Benson TST 770-889-9102
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #60

Just talked with Mike Benson from TST and purchased the 507 Flow Thru system. Got a great deal and he gave me the repeater. He is going to do all of the programming so when I get it screw them in and I will be good to go.

I will double check the system when I install.

Give Mike a call and he can give you a good deal.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Are y'all replacing those PITA "O" rings on the CAP units when you change the batteries? On every one of mine that's due for a battery change, the old "O" rings disintegrate when taking off the caps. So far I have had zero corrosion (5 years).
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
Are y'all replacing those PITA "O" rings on the CAP units when you change the batteries? On every one of mine that's due for a battery change, the old "O" rings disintegrate when taking off the caps. So far I have had zero corrosion (5 years).
That's a good point. I hadn't noticed them going bad, but several of my caps were cracked - several but not all. It's something I'll be more aware of.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #63

I had corrosion when they were opened for the first time. I have replaced the o rings.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:56 PM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a TST system with 10 senders. On our last trip, the right side sensors of the toad quit displaying after a couple of hours. My receiver is mounted on top of the dash to the left of the steering wheel.
I handed the receiver to my wife, and after a few minutes the sensors were working again.
The system is about 5 MO. Old. I suspect the batteries in the sensors have weakened slightly and made this problem appear.
I have installed the optional dipole antenna and suspect that will solve the problem.
I prefer this to adding a repeater.

Will confirm on our next trip.
I do like this system, but wish I had gotten the non-flow thru sensors for the rv. Smaller and easier to install.

Regards,

Dan
Old 03-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #65

The repeater is a simple once-and-done 10 minute job. In the rear closet, powered by the closet lite, stays on 24x7, never a hitch.
Happy trails
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Hello Sir, You really need the repeater, the di-pole antenna will not give you the reception you need with the coach and toad. Feel free to call me to discuss in more detail. My name is Mike Benson with TST and I am available until midnight daily @ 770-889-9102
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:46 AM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The repeater is a simple once-and-done 10 minute job. In the rear closet, powered by the closet lite, stays on 24x7, never a hitch.
Happy trails
Same here!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:40 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
TST Monitor

I bought the Model 507 TST TPMS with 12 Sensors, hardwired it to a cigarette lighter and put the repeater back in the battery bay.. The system is simple to set up and so far has been working great. I like that it rotates automatically between tires.

I purchased it through Mike at TST 770-889-9102 He was very helpful and accommodating and took the time to answer all my questions.

garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #69

Here is an option mounting idea. I took the base from the above photo apart and pulled out the center metal part. I put a strip of 2 sided tape on it and stuck it to the lip of my back up monitor. Ran my hard wire behind the panel for a clean look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0048.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	88672

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0047.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	88673
Old 05-26-2015, 05:40 AM   #70
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhz View Post
...and put the repeater back in the battery bay..
Gary:
I'm about to install one of the EEZ systems with a repeater in my DEQ - can you give me some tips on where specifically to wire in the repeater? Do you have yours connected to an ignition switched circuit or is it direct to the batteries?

Thanks!
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure