Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #1

TireMinder TPMS

Installed the Tire Minder on my Aspire but need to get the signal booster installed. Do any of you have this system and if so where did you mount the signal booster?
Bama96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I have another brand, but the boaster are about the same. I have mine connected to the starting battery with alligator clips. Another easy place that some are not aware of is the light in the engine bay. Attach the booster next to the light on the ceiling.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #3

I have a tire minder also and put the booster in the rear closet area inside the electrical circuit wooden box. Very easy and the booster and its connections are out of the weather.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
TireMinder is great. I had issues with my signals, and they eventually sent me two boosters, one for the back closet, and the other for the house battery tray. Now all my signals are strong. They even upgraded my older 2.5yr old receiver for a newer model. Works great and their CS is outstanding.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #5

(i have had the TireMinder system since I first bought my Dynasty about 5 years ago and have used it in my 40' Dynasty and my 45' Anthem (2015) since then. I have sensors on all tires of the Anthem and 4 aluminum stem TireMinder sensors on each wheel of my Honda. I have never needed the repeater. It is sitting unused in one of the drawers on the coach. However, getting clear signals from all 12 sensors has NOT been a problem.

Now, I have my monitor unit mounted not on the dash, but on a plastic mount on the driver's toll window (that may help).

Are you sure that you need it?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmullen View Post
...put the booster in the rear closet area inside the electrical circuit wooden box. Very easy and the booster and its connections are out of the weather.
DITTO.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #7

Have been using Tire Minder since 2010 and transferred it from our Double Tree Elite and M2 Freightliner in 2014 to our Anthem. Had our unit upgraded and booster installed to chassis battery in rear P/S compartment. Display unit mounted on toll window. TM customer service is outstanding and highly recommended.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #8

Thank you all for your response! My coach is a 2014 Aspire RBQ. Little embarrassed I do t k ow this but do I have that box in the rear closet? My electrical panel is in the 1/2 bath.

I ran the system on a trip this weekend and I lost connection with the sensors on the drive axle and tag at times. So I think I do need the boster.
Bama96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:26 AM   #9

Bama

Cant help with the closet power, but assume you have a light there, which would mean that you have power there.

Its hard for me to imagine, if you have a working system, that you would loose the signal on any tire on the coach itself..... There is something definitely wrong here (consider a call to TM Customer Service), or the system has really changed since I bought mine. Now, mine is the old style monitor which has an antenna that is supposed to telescope out of the monitor and extend above the unit maybe 6". If the antenna is not extended, then the reception is poor and I could imagine your situation. However, with the antenna extended it picks up the back tires on my toad (Honda) and monitors them 100%. I have never had a dropped signal for any reason other than bad batteries that I missed until they ran completely flat. Now, my antenna will not stay telescoped, so I have to keep it extended. My unsophisticated solution was to put a wooden spring clothes pin on the base of the antenna which keeps it extended. Doesnt look elegant, but does the job.

Do you have a new system? Its seems to me that the monitor and antenna on the newer systems do not telescope, but I would guess that the antenna must be deployed fully for maximum reception.

Also, I have felt that having my monitor mounted on the toll window not only makes a lot of sense as you can easily see what the monitor is "saying" if an alarm goes off, but feel that it helps on the reception rather than mounting it down on the dash.

Hope that any of that might help.

Gary (Penn State '69 :-) )
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:42 AM   #10

Tire Minder is now owned by Valterra

Valterra Products LLC Acquires Minder Research | RV Business
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #11

Yes, you need the booster even on a small 25' Class C. I have used the Tireminder 66 system for past 3 years and have had god performance. I installed the signal booster in my sewer/propane fill compartment at the back of my 25' rig. Last year, I had an issue with signal and they sent me their new Rhinobooster which is water proof and I installed it under the rig just in front of the rear duallies. Fixed my signal problems.