Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2020, 02:00 PM   #1

Tires 2016 Anthem

For those of you with tire knowledge- looking to replace tires soon, dates on tires 0415. Front tires are Michelin XZA1 315/80/22.5. All rears are Michelin XZA2 295/80/22.5. Has anyone replaced the front tires with a different Michelin- can’t find the XZA1 anywhere. Has it been replaced? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Lisa
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2020, 04:51 PM   #2

I noticed that no-one has answered your questions. A lot of people on this forum have new coaches and haven't needed tires yet.
I couldn't get XZA-1 tires either, and I think that they have been discontinued. They replaced my steering tires with the Michelin X Line two years ago because of a bad wheel alignment that ruined one of my front tires. They are the tire that was recommended by the local tire shop. I suggest that you talk to your local tire shop.
I would also suggest that the tire people check your tires. They should be able to give an honest opinion on whether they need to be changed. My Anthem is a 2014, and I will be changing the tires this summer, and I drive about 10k per year. Unless you drive a lot of miles, your tires should not need to be replaced yet. Maybe they have excessive rot but you should be able to get a couple more years out of them if they aren't weather cracked. On the other hand, if you are concerned about them, by all means, get them changed.
Happy Trails,
Bob
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:45 PM   #3

Tires 2016 Anthem

I also on the hunt for these tires..

My research brings me to 315 80 22.5 Michelin x line energy z coach #09807

Doesn’t have the 1 in the description as I also don’t think they are not badging them the same..

The tire looks to have the same tread on my 14 anthem..

This imo is the best u can buy ...

Currently on eBay @ 786.00 per tire with free delivery....
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:29 PM   #4

That is the tire friends of ours just had put on their 16. I’m going to use the fmca tire buying program. My tires still look good but there is wear, especially the tags from drag, but I tend to err on the side of caution. It’s been 5 years and I can get them done this summer where we will be for a couple months.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:59 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We got all new tires this fall ... yes, the X Line Energy is what we got on the front. Very happy with all the new tires. Use the FMCA discount program, does save quite a bit.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:11 PM   #6

Lisa, this link…

https://www.michelinb2b.com/wps/b2bc...s_Brochure.pdf

…should take you to a Michelin RV Tires guide/brochure which was published less than a year ago in June 2019.

Lots of good information in there, but the short version is if you go to the chart on page 16 of the guide you’ll see that for 295/80R22.5 tires there are three choices:

X COACH HL Z – See Page 17 for more info
X MULTIWAY 3D XZE – See Page 19 for more info
XZA2 ENERGY – See Page 19 for more info

And for 315/80R22.5 tires there are two choices:

X LINE ENERGY Z – See Page 18 for more info

As you can see, the X MULTIWAY 3D XZE is the only one available in both of your sizes (295 & 315). As such, I’d be inclined to go with that one, but your tire dealer can probably provide more info & advice regarding the alternatives.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Lisa, this link…

https://www.michelinb2b.com/wps/b2bc...s_Brochure.pdf

…should take you to a Michelin RV Tires guide/brochure which was published less than a year ago in June 2019.

Lots of good information in there, but the short version is if you go to the chart on page 16 of the guide you’ll see that for 295/80R22.5 tires there are three choices:

X COACH HL Z – See Page 17 for more info
XZA2 ENERGY – See Page 19 for more info

And for 315/80R22.5 tires there are two choices:

X LINE ENERGY Z – See Page 18 for more info

As you can see, the X MULTIWAY 3D XZE is the only one available in both of your sizes (295 & 315). As such, I’d be inclined to go with that one, but your tire dealer can probably provide more info & advice regarding the alternatives.

Thank you for your research!
Lisa

Tags
anthem, tires