Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2022, 07:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
Getting close to replacing the tires on our Anthem. Started checking prices and wow, tires are definitely following the inflation trend. Would you share your experience with using Motorhome Tires.com if applicable? They come to your place of choice and replace all tires. Also, I am leaning toward putting Michelin’s since I like the ride and reputation. I noticed a significant price difference on Toyo tires and was hoping someone could share their experience driving on those. You can save a few thousand dollars going with Toyo’s vs Michelin’s. That is like a couple of fill ups these days

Thanks in advance.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
HI Tor , As I've said in the past this Michelin / TOYO / other brands is like Ford / Dodge / Chevy / GMC and that's fine but I replaced all tires with TOYO M- 144's about 8,000 miles ago and I'm extremely satisfied with the ride & handling.
The price difference between FMCA Michelin Discount and TOYO pricing was about $2 k as I recall . Some have complained about initially about bad odors from TOYO's but we never had the issue .

Also consider Hankook , Continental , Sumitomo which were all recommended by a fellow RV'er retired from the tire industry that he would run on his 45' coach .

Good Luck !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2022, 07:32 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
HI Tor , As I've said in the past this Michelin / TOYO / other brands is like Ford / Dodge / Chevy / GMC and that's fine but I replaced all tires with TOYO M- 144's about 8,000 miles ago and I'm extremely satisfied with the ride & handling.
The price difference between FMCA Michelin Discount and TOYO pricing was about $2 k as I recall . Some have complained about initially about bad odors from TOYO's but we never had the issue .

Also consider Hankook , Continental , Sumitomo which were all recommended by a fellow RV'er retired from the tire industry that he would run on his 45' coach .

Good Luck !
Brian, did you get yours at Boulevard Tire?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:45 AM   #17

Chuck , Yes Boulevard Tire's Punta Gorda location .

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:33 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Chuck , Yes Boulevard Tire's Punta Gorda location .
Thanks, I had excellent service from the So. Ft Myers location. I will keep them on my "go to" list and Punta Gorda is closer to my storage hanger.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:21 AM   #19

I found Motorhome Tires.com to be very expensive compared to my local guys on pricing for Michelin tires. Purchased last Oct.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:34 PM   #20

Try a commercial truck tire facility

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
Getting close to replacing the tires on our Anthem. Started checking prices and wow, tires are definitely following the inflation trend. Would you share your experience with using Motorhome Tires.com if applicable? They come to your place of choice and replace all tires. Also, I am leaning toward putting Michelin’s since I like the ride and reputation. I noticed a significant price difference on Toyo tires and was hoping someone could share their experience driving on those. You can save a few thousand dollars going with Toyo’s vs Michelin’s. That is like a couple of fill ups these days

Thanks in advance.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
Try shopping at a commercial tire truck facility. I live in San Diego and I was lucky enough to get a referral to Park House tires and got a great price on Firestone tires for my RV. My rig was the smallest in the shop.
SantinoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:56 PM   #21

What brand you want installed on your rig has a WHOLE LOT to do with the size and weight of the rig. If you are driving any ~ 40,000 - 50,000# Entegra, then you want serious tires than handle the load.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:12 AM   #22

1 quick question about Michelin tires. We have a 2018 Anthem with the original Michelin tires all. around. I've heard that the tires should not be aired up to the max load pressure, as they are now 3 years old. Is there any real correlation to age, and pressure recommendations? I have the fronts set at 119 lbs, and the 6 rear at 110. Any recommendations on suitable cold tire pressure(s) for my coach? Thanks in advance
Gowenfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowenfast View Post
1 quick question about Michelin tires. We have a 2018 Anthem with the original Michelin tires all. around. I've heard that the tires should not be aired up to the max load pressure, as they are now 3 years old. Is there any real correlation to age, and pressure recommendations? I have the fronts set at 119 lbs, and the 6 rear at 110. Any recommendations on suitable cold tire pressure(s) for my coach? Thanks in advance
Hi,
Tire pressure is weight related and not age related. To put it simply, if anyone thought that putting in the appropriate pressure could potentially burst the tire, it I would be way past time to replace the tire.

Tire pressure should be checked on a cold/cool tire.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:53 PM   #24

Just a quick update on my tire journey. Today I had 8 Toyos put on my Anthem. For your info I paid 5,644.00 for tires install, balance and fees. Definitely saved some money compared to going with Michelin. First observation driving it home is that it seems quieter. Handling, I would same about the same.

Thanks to all comments and recommendations.

Sincerely, Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires