Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2022, 01:57 PM   #1

Tires

Getting close to replacing the tires on our Anthem. Started checking prices and wow, tires are definitely following the inflation trend. Would you share your experience with using Motorhome Tires.com if applicable? They come to your place of choice and replace all tires. Also, I am leaning toward putting Michelin’s since I like the ride and reputation. I noticed a significant price difference on Toyo tires and was hoping someone could share their experience driving on those. You can save a few thousand dollars going with Toyo’s vs Michelin’s. That is like a couple of fill ups these days

Thanks in advance.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2022, 02:16 PM   #2

Tor, we just put Toyo’s on our steers a month ago at NIRVC.
Yokohama’s on the rears going on three years. Also very good.
So far, I like them better than the Michelin’s in terms of ride and handling.
Prices are considerably easier on your bank account too.
Michelins sound like they are harder to come by.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:51 PM   #3

Going on 3 years with TOYOS .. .. Rides well. Have put on 17,000 miles so far on them.. no issues at all .. Had them installed at NIRVC when we purchased our coach as i wanted to start off fresh.
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 03:05 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tires

A key issue is getting them balanced. Many tire shops do not have equipment that will balance a large tire. I don't believe there is any mobile balancing equipment, so I am wondering how they come to you, unless you are buying new rims. I just purchased 2 new Michelin's and they ran me $650 each including mounting & balancing.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoleman View Post
A key issue is getting them balanced. Many tire shops do not have equipment that will balance a large tire. I don't believe there is any mobile balancing equipment, so I am wondering how they come to you, unless you are buying new rims. I just purchased 2 new Michelin's and they ran me $650 each including mounting & balancing.
What size of tire did you purchase? Also, the mobile service states they balance but I will make sure that is the case. Brings up another question. Do you all balance all tires or just the steer tires?

Thanks.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
Old 05-19-2022, 04:30 PM   #6

I recently replaced all 8 of ours at a local Knoxville dealer.
Michelin 315's in front, Toyo m144 295's on drive and tag.
All 8 spin balanced.
$5800 for all
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:43 PM   #7

I recently replaced the 6 rear tires on my 2015 with Toyo's. The originals were Goodyear 275 80r 22.5 but in the Toyo's I would have had to order and wait to get the 275....I opted for Toyo M144 in 295 80r 22.5 so far we've only put about 1,500 miles on them but we don't notice any real ride difference. There is however a height difference as the Toyo's are approximately 2 inches taller then the Goodyears were....I was concerned about the speedometer reading incorrectly but it didn't seem to have any effect at all. So now I've got Michelein in front and Toyo's in the rear and a couple of thousand in my pocket over the cost of all new Michelein

John
2015 44b
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:54 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just replaced all 8 tires on my 2014 Anthem. Michelin's for the steers and Toyo's for the rear. I have a local shop that spin balanced them for me. All in with the tires from one person, mounted by another person who came to my home then spin balanced by another and even a three axle alignment by yet another shop. I am right at $5800.
As for them balancing the tires I would think that they will use balance beads, which if I am correct will require new/different valve stems. Tor, As a side note we met at Cajun Palms sometime back! Hope all is well!
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:16 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
What size of tire did you purchase? Also, the mobile service states they balance but I will make sure that is the case. Brings up another question. Do you all balance all tires or just the steer tires?

Thanks.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B

I purchased 2- Michelin 235/80 r22.5 XRV. All tires should be balanced but the steer tires are the most important. My dealer does not recommend using beads for balancing. His has them and can install them but feels they cause more problems than they cure.
Old 05-20-2022, 10:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
Getting close to replacing the tires on our Anthem. Started checking prices and wow, tires are definitely following the inflation trend. Would you share your experience with using Motorhome Tires.com if applicable? They come to your place of choice and replace all tires. Also, I am leaning toward putting Michelin’s since I like the ride and reputation. I noticed a significant price difference on Toyo tires and was hoping someone could share their experience driving on those. You can save a few thousand dollars going with Toyo’s vs Michelin’s. That is like a couple of fill ups these days

Thanks in advance.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B

I used Motor Home Tires about 7 months ago to replace the front tires on our 15CS. We went with Michelin’s. They did a great job and the on-site work was good.

Also just recently replaced all of the 6 rear tires, but used a local shop. We waited to do the rears and it ended up costing us a lot more due to price increases.

Supply chain and COVID were and probably still are issues. We ended up with Michelin’s on the rear as well due to lack of Toyo availability.
Old 05-20-2022, 10:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy2013 View Post
I just replaced all 8 tires on my 2014 Anthem. Michelin's for the steers and Toyo's for the rear. I have a local shop that spin balanced them for me. All in with the tires from one person, mounted by another person who came to my home then spin balanced by another and even a three axle alignment by yet another shop. I am right at $5800.
As for them balancing the tires I would think that they will use balance beads, which if I am correct will require new/different valve stems. Tor, As a side note we met at Cajun Palms sometime back! Hope all is well!
Thanks for all replies.

We just stayed at Cajun Palms a few days ago and looked for you. Just took a trip to Fairview Riverside State Park in your neck of the woods😀. Great trip. Hope y’all are well!!

Tor
Old 05-20-2022, 10:44 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had "Sailun's" on our old Jayco Seneca 33ss (19.5's) for 4 years and about 30K.
Now we have them (22.5's) on our Pace Arrow w/ about 20k so far, and I love them.
We got balance beads installed in all 6 tires and the old girl rides like glass, with very little wear so far. I especially like them in the rain, and we got into some 'gully washers" this March in Alabama. Price last year was quite reasonable. Don't know what it is now.

Mike in Colorado
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:42 PM   #13

16 Anthem and just replaced all 8 with Michelins. FMCA program saved us $88-$98 per tire. Install done at Spartan in Charlotte, MI. Invoice total was $6636
patallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:56 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
We went with Firestone FS400 on the steer as they have a separate grove which helps disperse heat. 20,000 miles and they are great.

I also put on balance masters so they never have to be balanced. balancemasters.com

Tags
tire, tires