Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2019, 03:03 PM   #43

Which specific rejex product do you use for the windshield/diamondshield?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2019, 03:13 PM   #44

Rainex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balladeer View Post
Looking for pros and cons of putting reinex on the windshield and other windows.
Also:
If once put on can it be removed if not happy with it?
Does it help in aiding with the bugs on the windshield?

Many thanks in advance...Gregg
Fantastic product. Follow the directions exactly!!! Rainex will eventually wear off.
AndyT1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #45

Agree with DGundy, prep work as described will ensure a better experience. I've used Rain-X on pickup trucks and cars for years. Generally, one application lasts for a couple of months before needing another reapplication. Don't know how it compares in cost to a ceramic coating, but a bottle of Rain-X lasts quite long.

Mike
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
2006 Toyota Matrix XRS
RVLifer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:44 PM   #46

Definitely! We keep it applied and always have it in the windshield washer reservoir.. We follow the instructions and have never been disappointed .
J2battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:48 PM   #47

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
I have used it for years. Apply, wipe, usually looks cloudy or has streaks, spray a little water on the glass, wipe again, no streaks or cloudy look. It does wear off fairly quick, but if applied right before a rain that you must drive in, then the water just beads off the windshield - wipers usually are not needed.

^x3

Used it for years on race car (sports car endurance racing, rain or shine) Yes you need to keep it fresh but it is better than wipers as the faster you go the faster the water goes away. The heavier it rains the faster the rain goes away.
Works best on windshiels as the wind moves the drops off. DO NOT use on inside or rear windows as not enough wind to blow the rain off.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:48 PM   #48

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've always liked Rain-x.. But check with a windshield chip repair person.. They do NOT like it. It fouls up their clear crack repair solvents.
Concord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #49

I've been using Zaino for years. From what I can tell it's in the same category as rejex. So with that said, I will try zaino Z-2 on the glass.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:09 PM   #50

I applied RainX to the areas of the windshield that the wipers didn't cover, especially the area on the sides. The water beaded off, which kept the visible area to the side mirrors easy to see through when raining. Use the RainX windshield washer fluid for the rest of the windshield with great results.
Dugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #51

I like Rainex and use it.

I hated windshield wipers since I first started driving. When Rainex first came out, I tried it right away. It worked great if you didn’t have to use the wipers, but smeared really bad if you did, so I quit using it. I tried again a number of years ago, and I get a bit of a film effect sometimes if I have to use the wipers, but not like it was. Now I use Rainex on all my vehicles- except I hadn’t used it on the MotorHome. Until the day we ran into large swarms of love bugs between Texas and Louisiana. Had to stop 3 times and scrub for 20 minutes to get all the bugs off. The MH now has Rainex on the windshield, bugs and dirt come off much easier.

I apply it twice a year.

I wouldn’t oppose trying one of the other products that are supposed to last longer.
MSGDLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:19 PM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
Rainex or Not to Rainex

My opinion: NOT to Rainex. My experience, after many, many attempts, was unhappy.
Within the past 2-3 years I discovered RejeX, a polymer,/sealant/wax depending upon how technical you want to get. I apply RejeX to clear coat, gloss painted surfaces, glass, clear plastic headlamp lens (although I do prefer 303), gloss black plastic trim, chrome, polished stainless, etc..
Forget Rainex. Go RejeX.
Fancy Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:19 PM   #53

Driving home with a friend at night, I commented it was raining ... he said how do you know? I can see the rain in my headlights. Yes I was using rainex. As far as racecar use, apply decals first ... after applying rainex, the series
sponsor decal would not stick to the windshield. As far as why it works better on aircraft than a motorhome, maybe because the aircraft use Lexan (plastic) vs a Motorhome windshield (glass)
Dennistimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:21 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Free View Post
My opinion: NOT to Rainex. My experience, after many, many attempts, was unhappy.
Within the past 2-3 years I discovered RejeX, a polymer,/sealant/wax depending upon how technical you want to get. I apply RejeX to clear coat, gloss painted surfaces, glass, clear plastic headlamp lens (although I do prefer 303), gloss black plastic trim, chrome, polished stainless, etc..
Forget Rainex. Go RejeX.

Agree - RaineX is so "80's". Rejex lasts for months and does so much more than the windshield.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:25 PM   #55

Many years ago I owned a ‘68 El Camino in which the wipers did not work. I noticed it before I bought it, but the guy who sold it to me said the wipers had quit at least 5-6 years prior, and since he was in San Diego, he never bothered to fix them. If any rain was in the forecast (rare event except during a couple months during the winter), he just sprayed Armorall on the glass and polished with a clean rag. After driving the car for most of the year, I planned on installing a new wiper motor, but decided the $75.00 was better spent elsewhere so I continued the tradition for the next couple of years. The rainwater sheeted off the windshield, just as clear (actually clearer with no streaks) as wiper blades.

When I sold the car before being transferred, I handed the new owner 1/2 a bottle of Armorall, telling him “Oh yeah, here is your windshield wiper”. That event occurred back in 1986
MrGoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:43 PM   #56

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
It does have a tendency to smear the windows. However, if you follow the directions and spray a light mist of water on after it dries and then wipe it off it will come out crystal clear every time! I've used it for years on cars trucks and motorhomes no problems at all.
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote