Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #57

Fine during daylight - extremely reflective at night - headlights, etc - especially during rain. Use regular stuff. Regards.
edaa53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #58

My results are great with the washer bottle fluid! I drive out of my to get the Rain Ex washer fluid. I also struggled with regular Rain Ex.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:03 PM   #59

Send a message via MSN to e4services
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
There are ceramic coatings available that will outlast most everything else on the market. They work better than Rain-x and make cleaning the windshield a snap!
I agree. A product named Glas from Renew Protect. It is great, water just rolls off (with rain-x it does also but this is better super-hydrophobic ) and it lasts. I use all of their products. Their BLAK for tires, is amazing, protects for a year. I buff using the RP.05 or CART product which is a fine buffing Ceramic product, hitting the windows also. You let it sit for 20 then wipe off using GLAS. Lasts a year.
e4services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #60

Thor Owners Club
RainX

I love it, use it on all my vehicles. It does have a drawback, my ACE has an overhang, when parked water/dirt runs off the top dripping down the windshield. Leaves various size vertical streaks, hard to remove, but you can reapply & it cleans the problem.

I use the Safelite Auto glass cleaner, when they say no streaks, they mean it.
jbwilli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #61

I use Riain x on all my vehicles never had a problem, but don't use Windex for windows.
Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I was told that chip repairs cannot be correctly made to a windshield treated with RainX
AnonCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:49 PM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have used both RainX and Rejex. Rejex works better and lasts longer but isn't perfect. I made the mistake of using bug removing windshield washing fluid. The bugs streaked terribly when I tried to wash them off with the wipers. What a mess!
Old 06-27-2019, 05:50 PM   #64

We use Rustoleum Rainbrella and love it. We had a wioer snap off in wind/rain storm and the water just rolled off the windshield .
jcrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:26 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo10-210 View Post
It will seem to smear if wiped off with only paper towels. I wipe with a microfiber towel after the paper towels. Comes out crystal clear. We use it on the shower glass also.
I use it on all my vehicles, boats, motorcycles and helmet visors.
Instead of microfiber towels use a sheet of newspaper. It works great and is very cheap.
Especially on the inside of the windshield where the off gassing of the dashboards plastic attaches to the glass making it foggy.
Donmystic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:40 PM   #66

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
I clean my windows and windshield with 0000 steel wool first to get the bugs off that regular window cleaner leaves behind. Then I use a good quality window cleaner such as Invisible Glass. The final 2 applications are RainX. When it rains or snows, the moisture runs off to the sides. You have to do the prep work for good results.
Ditto!

I have used RainX on the windshield and Rejex on the nose cap for years. Think I will try Rejex on one side of my windshield and see which I like better.

Thanks for all the hints, gents!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:55 PM   #67

I love rain X. If I had to choose wipers or rainX, I would take the rainX. I use it on aircraft too.
Also, using detail spray on glass works pretty well too.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:57 PM   #68

I've used Rain-X on all my vehicles for many years. Not so much for rain - I live in the desert - but to make the bugs easy to wash off.

This stuff has to be applied as per the instructions, not just wipe it on the windshield and forget it. If you follow directions exactly there is no haze left on the glass, and it seems to last me at least a month before I need to reapply. Smashed bugs just wipe off without a lot of scrubbing and I love that.
deserteagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:06 PM   #69

Once you use it you’ll love it, you don’t even need your wipers in a light rain. Water beads up and blows off your windshield and windows.
Grandpa5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:16 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower15 View Post
Rain X also sells a product you add to your window washer fluid reservoir. It seems to help and is a lot easier than trying to coat the entire window. It doesn’t smear or cause streaking. (Results may vary[emoji1])
I have used Rainex windshield washer fluid for years on several cars and our TV. I love it, because I can see more clearly when it rains. I usually can run my wipers at slower speeds than the other people I see on the road. There are times when I can run without the wipers, if it is raining hard enough.
DO NOT apply to the back window. It will be impossible to see out, because of the beading (learning experience on mhy part). I don't even use it on the side windows. I hadn't thought about using it on the side mirrors. I think I'll try that.
I like the windshield washer fluid better, becuase I don't have to apply it and reapply it, like you have to do with the wipe-on product. If your washer reservoir is fairly empty when you start using it, it will coat the windshield pretty quickly.
OlJB is offline   Reply With Quote