Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2023, 06:42 AM   #15

I'm 6'3" with a long torso, been dealing with uncomfortable or just plain impossible cars all my life. Learned a few things over the years, first off no sun roof, cars with sun roofs have lower ceilings. (yes I've heard all the "why don't you just open the sunroof and stick your head out" jokes). Also many cars and trucks since 2009 have side curtain air bags which reduce ceiling height at the sides. Some cars I've found that fit me well: any truck or Jeep with no sun roof, Buick SUVs with no sun roof (I suspect this means all GM SUVs), VW Golf (S trim with no sun roof) and vans built before side curtain air bags were standard equipment. Also people say that the Mini Cooper is good for tall folks but I never tried one.
By Googling you can find lists of "Best cars for tall people" and "Best cars for people with long torsos" which is how I discovered my VW Golf Sportwagen TDI which make a good, lightweight toad and gets unbelievable fuel mileage although you need one with a manual shift.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2023, 09:58 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
My son is an inch taller than you and has to slide the seat forward in his FJ Cruiser.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:13 PM   #17

Toad Suggestions for 6'3 Driver

You can’t necessarily go by the heights mentioned here, since you don’t know whether they come from people that are long-waisted, or if most of their height comes from their legs.
I’d suggest that you Google the headroom in a vehicle that you feel is a good fit for you (In my case I know I need at least 41” of headroom to be comfortable). You could then compare that value with the headroom in the vehicles mentioned here to see if they’d be worth checking out in person.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:42 AM   #18

We tow a 2021 Ford Escape Hybrid. Love it. It is easy to hook up and it tows great. I am 6’4” and am very comfortable.
dclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:58 AM   #19

That's why I went with a enclosed trailer after towing 4 wheels down for 25 yeaBMW and wanted to take it with us. I'm in the middle of a 5000+ trip and so far, no issues with the trailer. Every one of our first choice RV camps accommodated our pull thru requirements. There is no wear and tear on our car and it goes in clean and comes out clean. You're not limited to whether or not the car can be towd. JMHO.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:10 AM   #20

Gary, FMCA stills publishes an annual towable guide.

For size, flexibility, fun, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited works for us. I’m 6’3”. It’s my sized 13’s that get in my way.[emoji3]
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:22 AM   #21

6'3 is not that tall, I'm ,6'2 and can drive most everything fine

Google is your friend as mentioned, tons of options , just needs to be 4 wheel down compatible
Jeeps are very popular, but I'm not a heep fan

My 2004 Honda pilot is fantastic for me
AZstavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:31 AM   #22

Caliescape-

Welcome to iRV2!

Re: Toad for tall people. I towed a 2009 Honda Fit Sport with automatic transmission. Don't be fooled by the steeply-raked windshield; It has a surprising amount of headroom for a small car. If your height is from the waist up, it might work. If your legs are long... maybe not. Any Fit 2009 through 2014 should be similar. After 2014 Honda no longer approved the Fit automatics for towing.

You should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 07:02 AM   #23

Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. We bought one in November. Plenty of headroom wo sunroof.
Giapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 07:07 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giapk View Post
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. We bought one in November. Plenty of headroom wo sunroof.
Amazing how much difference the sunroof makes. I drove a Cherokee with no sunroof, plenty of head room, then I drove one the same year with a sunroof and was very uncomfortable with my head touching the ceiling.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 02:51 PM   #25

Honda Element, 6'5" nowhere near the roof. Love it. Also a year that allows AWD automatic to be flat towed.
bcnix00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 02:57 PM   #26

Toad

I am 5’11” 215 and we pull our 2019 F150 CC 4x4 behind our class C RV and love it we can seat 5 if need and have room in the bed for
everything and it’s light and don’t even know it’s back there without looking at the camera
WAORGANY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 03:07 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Tall Guy Towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliescape View Post
22 Engegra 34B. please suggest a toad that will be easy to use but accommodate a 6' 3" driver.
I'm 6'4" and tow a 2010 Honda Fit (2800#) with 2021 Thor Quantum RC25.
2011 Honda Fit works as well.

Only issue is 65mph tow speed and be sure to warm up and recirc transmission in all gears.

Also have towed 2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4X4 Active Drive II (4600#)
Lee Bornstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 03:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliescape View Post
22 Engegra 34B. please suggest a toad that will be easy to use but accommodate a 6' 3" driver.
I am 6'7" tall. Jeeps Wranglers etc I do not fit in. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee as our toad and I fit in it great. I also fit well into most half ton trucks, so an F-150 or GMC Sierra 1500 are also decent choices. Most of the smaller stuff I do not fit in.

The one thing that surprised the heck out of me is I cannot fit into a Cadillac Escalade! WTH. The dang seat is so high off the deck my head is scraping the roof ...
bossman2022 is offline   Reply With Quote