Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #1

Toll Window Squeak

My toll window and the small window by the passenger seat is squeaking and popping. It was fine not long ago but has gotten progressively worse. It seems worse when it is very hot outside. Has anyone found a good way to deal with this? I read on a Newmar forum that is a well known issue. I just couldn’t find a solution to the issue. Perhaps a “D” foam seal around the frame where it rubbs around the interior wall?
I would greatly appreciate any advice.

-Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2018, 02:03 PM   #2

That’s what I’ve done to both windows.

Picked up some single sided taped foam for sealing home windows from HD. Pulled interior ring, may need someone to hold window from outside, then lined inside of ring and screwed it back. Don’t remember the thickness of the foam, but both windows have stopped squeaking and popping......
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
That’s what I’ve done to both windows.

Picked up some single sided taped foam for sealing home windows from HD. Pulled interior ring, may need someone to hold window from outside, then lined inside of ring and screwed it back. Don’t remember the thickness of the foam, but both windows have stopped squeaking and popping......
Sounds great. Did you have to remove the wood valance to get the interior ring off?

Thanks for the advice.

-Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
Old 06-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #4

Only on the drivers side window. I removed screws for wood trim and was able to move the trim back proving enough room to unscrew the ring. I had enough room on the passenger window to unscrew and pull the ring. No trim removed. Now that I think about it I believe the foam was 3/8” and fit the ring perfectly.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
Only on the drivers side window. I removed screws for wood trim and was able to move the trim back proving enough room to unscrew the ring. I had enough room on the passenger window to unscrew and pull the ring. No trim removed. Now that I think about it I believe the foam was 3/8” and fit the ring perfectly.
Thank you very much for the info.

Safe travels.

-Tor Fuglem
2017 Anthem 44B
Old 06-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #6

I've got the same problem. It almost disappears during cold weather but is getting progressively worse as it warms up. I've got a dealer appt on the 25th to have it fixed. I'll be sure to share this thread with the service manager.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
My toll window and the small window by the passenger seat is squeaking and popping. It was fine not long ago but has gotten progressively worse. It seems worse when it is very hot outside. Has anyone found a good way to deal with this? I read on a Newmar forum that is a well known issue. I just couldn’t find a solution to the issue. Perhaps a “D” foam seal around the frame where it rubbs around the interior wall?

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

-Tor

2017 Anthem 44B

My 2018 Anthem did the same thing and only when it’s hot. Took to dealer and the “couldn’t replicate the problem “. So they turned around and billed me because Entegra denied the warranty. I’m glad to know others are having the same issue. I guess my next call will be to Joyce.
Thanks
Old 06-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
My 2018 Anthem did the same thing and only when it’s hot. Took to dealer and the “couldn’t replicate the problem “. So they turned around and billed me because Entegra denied the warranty. I’m glad to know others are having the same issue. I guess my next call will be to Joyce.
Thanks
Joyce is always willing and able to help. I will report on the forum after I attempt to fix the issue. I am surprised that Entegra don’t build the units with the fix now since it is well known. Learning is a change of behavior due to experience 😀
Old 06-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #9

Tor, the D shaped bulb weatherstripping will help.

To remove the ring you need to remove the side shades. Don’t worry about the wood as you can finesse it out without removing the wood.

Should you elect to remove the wood, be advised there are 2 fasteners at the bottom aft end of the horizontal piece, where it joins the vertical piece.

You can simply rest a ladder against the window if you want some insurance. However, that window will not come out accidentally.

I’ve replaced 3 of those driver’s side windows, and between a snug fit and the silicone, it isn’t coming out without some work.

Also, the buttons used to program the front shades are prone to coming loose and rattling.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I am on my 4th toll window in our 2017 Anthem. Still living with the popping. Entegra marketing should ride in the coach before they pen the tag line " the best handling and quietest coach..."

Matt, thanks for the input on the D gasket.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:18 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I found the squeaking wasn’t my window but the wood valence rubbing on the sidewall. I loosened the valence, stuck on a layer of electrical tape (between the valence and the side wall) and fastened the valence down again. No more squeaking.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Tor, the D shaped bulb weatherstripping will help.

To remove the ring you need to remove the side shades. Don’t worry about the wood as you can finesse it out without removing the wood.

Should you elect to remove the wood, be advised there are 2 fasteners at the bottom aft end of the horizontal piece, where it joins the vertical piece.

You can simply rest a ladder against the window if you want some insurance. However, that window will not come out accidentally.

I’ve replaced 3 of those driver’s side windows, and between a snug fit and the silicone, it isn’t coming out without some work.

Also, the buttons used to program the front shades are prone to coming loose and rattling.

-Matt
Thanks for the advice Matt.

Why so many window replacements? Fogging?

Hope all is well.

-Tor
2017 Anthem 44B

Tags
window