Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #15

Entry carpets

Don't wait for those results. No need for a long trip. I had my local carpet and tile man put those AWESOME carpets in my coach. He was at my house doing some work and I was showing him the coach, I opened the door and before I started the tour, I said how I didn't like the carpets at entry and how the animals and our feet showed every bit of dirt, and obviously just using a vaccum did not bring them back. He went out into his truck and pulled out a sample of that carpet in black and said this is what you need. He told me you can just powerwash it also. He came back the following day with a run of the carpet, got out in the driveway and just copied the old carpet cuts. When he was done cutting, he pulled out an old heavy duty carpet sewing machine and bound all the edges with black thread. This gave it a clean, finished and custom look. He said this carpet is very available and people use it on their porches and decks also. He said some have put it in their garage. Sure enough, after every trip and before the cleaning lady cleans the coach, I pull the carpets out and powerwash them with spray bottle detergent. Let them air dry and when she is done cleaning the coach, they're back in like new! I gave the name of the manufacturer and style of the carpet on a prior thread. I have that info if you need it to run it by your local or any carpet/floor/tile shop. Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Wouldn't it be nice to get rid rid the less than good looking short shag and replace it with carpet that would move back and forth across the seem. I think that is eventually the question I'll ask, as I am not impressed with the stock carpet. I'd like to see a bound edge that moves back and forth (like some of the other high end coaches I've see.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:15 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUS4US View Post
Don't wait for those results. No need for a long trip. I had my local carpet and tile man put those AWESOME carpets in my coach. He was at my house doing some work and I was showing him the coach, I opened the door and before I started the tour, I said how I didn't like the carpets at entry and how the animals and our feet showed every bit of dirt, and obviously just using a vaccum did not bring them back. He went out into his truck and pulled out a sample of that carpet in black and said this is what you need. He told me you can just powerwash it also. He came back the following day with a run of the carpet, got out in the driveway and just copied the old carpet cuts. When he was done cutting, he pulled out an old heavy duty carpet sewing machine and bound all the edges with black thread. This gave it a clean, finished and custom look. He said this carpet is very available and people use it on their porches and decks also. He said some have put it in their garage. Sure enough, after every trip and before the cleaning lady cleans the coach, I pull the carpets out and powerwash them with spray bottle detergent. Let them air dry and when she is done cleaning the coach, they're back in like new! I gave the name of the manufacturer and style of the carpet on a prior thread. I have that info if you need it to run it by your local or any carpet/floor/tile shop. Ron.
I would like that brand info!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
I would like that brand info!
X2, I did not see the other post. Thanks.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #19

modifications

I wouldn't call these my top mods, just the ones I got done so far and have pictures of. I have been having a number of other problems and my Aquahot quit yesterday. I need to call them next.
The bathroom towel hooks were hard to keep towels on, added new ones from Lowes, and added two more on right side as you come into the toilet (DEQ). Also added the shelves for chairs with J hooks which someone else posted(that was genius) I added a removable shelf over the fresh water tank for items I will rarely need or use. I used joist hangers to hold two 2X4's and keep above the tank. I also added a knob to the outside of the sliding plexiglass in the screen door, so you can easily close the plexiglass from outside if you have the door open and are just using the screen door. Bought the knobs at Lowes, and used a cut off threaded screw to attach from both sides so as to not have the knobs offset. the knobs are metal and add a little weight to the screen door, it now closes much nicer. I hope the pictures are attached, I don't see them?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2447.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	53418   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2439.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	53419  

andrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #20

Extra cabinet in the bathroom of our 44DLQ
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	53420  
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #21

Stainless
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	171
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	53421  
Old 01-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #22

Other side stainless
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	154
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	53422  
Old 01-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #23

Bus entry carpet

Statgeek and Chuck,My entry carpets are manufactured by Shaw's. They are called Succession 2. There are 2 different black options. One is black with grey fleck and the other is black with a bit of brown/gold fleck. I can get exact product # if needed. There are other similar products out there also per my carpet man.P.S.-Chuck, do you have an entire room of items, stuff, future mods for when your coach is delivered? I have never seen someone so ahead of the game. Your like a parent preparing for a new baby coming soon! I love it! Your going to have a f/t job when that baby is delivered!Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Noel, what is the depth of the bathroom cabinet that you had installed? Also, who did the work for you? Looks very nice and a great modification/addition.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Noel, what is the depth of the bathroom cabinet that you had installed? Also, who did the work for you? Looks very nice and a great modification/addition.
Bill, our cabinet depth is six inches. Precision paint in Bremen In. did ours, but I'm sure Lazydays could also do it. I know precision has made some that are five inches deep, but six still leaves plenty of room for the slide when it comes in. Noel
Old 01-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUS4US View Post
.-Chuck, do you have an entire room of items, stuff, future mods for when your coach is delivered? I have never seen someone so ahead of the game. Your like a parent preparing for a new baby coming soon! I love it! Your going to have a f/t job when that baby is delivered!Ron.
Thank you for the carpet info. I have a good friend in the commercial carpet business and he should get be able to get me anything I need. If you have a stock number that would be great.

Yes the guest bedroom is full of "stuff" for the new MH. We let all of the old dishes, bedding, towels, kitchen appliances, etc. go with the TS when we sold it. A new MH needs all new "stuff", so it is occupying the spare bedroom. Now that the holidays are over, it will all go up to the hanger to join all of the Mod items that are already sitting there waiting to be installed The preparations has really shortened the waiting time and has kept us busy.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Bill, our cabinet depth is six inches. Precision paint in Bremen In. did ours, but I'm sure Lazydays could also do it. I know precision has made some that are five inches deep, but six still leaves plenty of room for the slide when it comes in. Noel
Thankyou. Beautiful workmanship! Bill
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #28

We have the same cabinet as Nolen EXCEPT we had precision put in two of them, one on top of the other one. We also added the led lights to our Gerard awnings. Our other best addition was a ceiling fan in the bedroom,so good it is now a factory option. Precision Paint did all three of our mods. Oh, I also addeda wine cooler in one of the basement bays.

Tags
cat