Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2022, 09:28 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Is there anyway for these awnings to be wired into the ignition switch? As soon as the switch is turned on, the awnings come in. I seem to recall some were wired this way.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2022, 05:58 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglee25 View Post
Is there anyway for these awnings to be wired into the ignition switch? As soon as the switch is turned on, the awnings come in. I seem to recall some were wired this way.
There should be an active warning system for such things. Granted, the awnings out is pretty hard to miss. But I missed it, duh. We need an idiot alarm for guys like me
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 08:31 AM   #45

Bruce, cut yourself some slack. Somewhere deep in your brain was the thought that it would be nice to have shade on at least one side of the coach during your day's drive! That's what I'd be telling myself.

In 20+ years of motorhome ownership, I've done plenty of dumb things. One of them was far worse than driving off with awnings out and could have hurt or even killed some people. Fortunately it didn't, but it could have.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 08:45 AM   #46

Larry

You don't wanna share?

I'm guessin' you forgot to fully lock in the toad and it was loose....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 08:51 AM   #47

Far worse than that, Gary. Painful to even think about.

Maybe over a glass or two of your finest bourbon...
Old 07-10-2022, 08:55 AM   #48

Looking forward to the conversation....... (and laughs ?)

I travel with some really good stuff ........

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:09 AM   #49

Ford Super Duty Owner
IMHO!! I think the RV sales industry should do a better job of instilling just how difficult RV's are to drive and use properly. We have purchased 5 RV's and none of the walk arounds or PDI's (Pre-Delivery Inspections) were anything to brag about. Most times we knew more than the PDI guide!

With today's technology new owners should take the time to video any PDI. If you're a first time buyer, and we all were at one time, the information is covered so quickly with little actual procedures done by the new owners it's no wonder most information is more often forgotten and mistakes made then a call to the dealer.

Why haven't some dealers taken the time to create a check list similar to what any pilot has to follow religiously before every flight. Just how difficult would it be for a dealer to create a simple walk around check list pointing out the bad things that can happen before during and departing any camping ground? How many of us have encountered a well meaning and friendly neighbor asking us questions while we are parking and setting up our camp?? More mistakes are made when departing. We are tired and ready to head to the barn. We forget to do all we know to do.

Were we to have encountered a dealer who did something or anything like a check list they would probably be on top of our list of dealers.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:15 AM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Problem with a warning device into the ignition is the awning system is 120v with 3v battery operated remotes, that run through the Vega Touch 12v control system. I'll bet trying to figure that wiring out would be another $50,000 upgrade.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Bruce, cut yourself some slack. Somewhere deep in your brain was the thought that it would be nice to have shade on at least one side of the coach during your day's drive! That's what I'd be telling myself.

In 20+ years of motorhome ownership, I've done plenty of dumb things. One of them was far worse than driving off with awnings out and could have hurt or even killed some people. Fortunately it didn't, but it could have.

Oh no, sir. The stuff I put on this board are the misdemeanors. You'll never hear of the felonies and capital offenses. I can out dumb anyone. . It's kind of a badge of honor
Old 07-10-2022, 03:23 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Oh no, sir. The stuff I put on this board are the misdemeanors. You'll never hear of the felonies and capital offenses. I can out dumb anyone. . It's kind of a badge of honor
Bruce, you may be accident-prone, but you're clearly not dumb!
Old 07-12-2022, 06:23 AM   #53

Still trying to line up a shop for the repair. I know Girard in red bay will replace the awning, but do they also paint? I would guess no. S&S in Indiana doesn't return calls or emails, so they may be out. I spoke with Mike at NIRVC Atlanta They are ready and willing. I don't trust "Daves RV in CT. Any other suggestions are much appreciated
Old 07-12-2022, 07:48 AM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Still trying to line up a shop for the repair. I know Girard in red bay will replace the awning, but do they also paint? I would guess no. S&S in Indiana doesn't return calls or emails, so they may be out. I spoke with Mike at NIRVC Atlanta They are ready and willing. I don't trust "Daves RV in CT. Any other suggestions are much appreciated
Call Entegra CS and let them use their Bat Phone to make the contact for you at S&S.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:18 AM   #55

Quote:
Bruce, I don't know if Girard in Red Bay does painting, but I do know there are several very good shops in that area that do RV collision & paint work. As you would expect, most of their experience is with Tiffin motorhomes, but it's not unusual to see other brands in their shops.

If you end up concluding Girard in Red Bay is your best alternative, I'll be happy to recommend one of more of the companies that could do your paint work. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Girard service center has established relationships with one or more of them.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:18 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Bruce, I don't know if Girard in Red Bay does painting, but I do know there are several very good shops in that area that do RV collision & paint work. As you would expect, most of their experience is with Tiffin motorhomes, but it's not unusual to see other brands in their shops.

If you end up concluding Girard in Red Bay is your best alternative, I'll be happy to recommend one of more of the companies that could do your paint work. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Girard service center has established relationships with one or more of them.
They do not do any body work, outsource their paintwork and only if it's one color. They are out of the loop. It looks more and more like NIRVC Atlanta.

S&S doesn't communicate well.

Tags
awning