Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2017, 08:03 AM   #1

Total Vision Rear Cam Water Leak

To be abundantly clear, this is a problem created by Entegra, not by Total Vision.

My rear cam has never had great resolution and quit working entirely about a week ago. I talked to Entegra CS about it and got a new guy. After two questions his answer was, "take it to a dealer". No thanks, I'll fix it myself. THe rear cam is important to me for my driving style and I don't have the time away from my schedule to spend a week shuttling the coach around to get this done.

I called Total Vision to see if they could help and yay, Customer Service!!! Rod at TV took me through some diagnostic steps and determined it was a bad camera and in the process we realized that dirt and water had been leaking inside my cam "bubble" for a long time, causing the resolution problem (dust inside the bubble) and the broken cam (moisture inside the bubble).

THe source of the leak was Entgra's incorrect mounting. I'm not here to bang on Entegra, I truly like their product. I'm here so others that have this problem will discover and correct it before they have the same problem I did.
Basically, Entegra used impromptu mounting holes to install the camera. THe screws held the bubble slightly away from the gasket allowing water and dust inside the bubble.

Here is a youtube video (sent to TV, thus the words, "you" and "yours" are addressing TV) that shows it better. Sorry about the red screen in the middle for a few seconds...no, I'm not a video editor:

Hope this might help someone.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #2

John, I’m sorry to hear about your issue. That is eerily similar to the failure mode of our Winegard Trav’ler Turret.

In essence, they overdid the weatherproofing without understanding that an abundance of caulk would create a dam, and make the base of the turret an impromptu reservoir.

I think any manufacturer can, and does make these types of installation errors, but it’s a little disappointing at this price point.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #3

Total Vision Rear Cam Water Leak

Ah crap..washed the coached yesterday..and went to back it up and my camera stopped working, then it came back, but it has been intermittent..hope it can be saved..
I am going to take a good look at it today.
Is Entegra sending you another?
jeffnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #4

well mine is mounted with 2 screws, and they don't interfere with the seal..I did find the the 2 black screws were loose holding the camera assembly in place..camera is working, as of right now...Click image for larger version

Name:	20171001_095937.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	178418
Old 10-02-2017, 12:28 AM   #5

Disappointing is a good word, Matt. I also like frustrating.

Jeff, the screws on yours are further inboard than mine, so they probably aren't interfering. Looks like Entegra figured out their mistake but didn't go back to correct the issue with previous coaches. Ride on!
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #6

John, thanks for posting this. I got up and looked at mine this morning and found one screw interfering with the dome. However, my main problem was where the slot in the dome fits over the tang at the top. When the tang would go in the slot and dome went over the stud at the bottom there was a good 3/16 gap at the top where the dome seals against the black metal. I can't believe the factory would let it go in that condition, but the inside was really dirty and you could see where water had stood.
Like John, I would suggest anyone with the total vision camera and make sure the dome is sealing correctly.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #7

my total vision camera went out again..ofcourse I am on a long trip..and not being able to see my toad, or what's behind me ..sucks!
Old 10-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #8

On my vacation tour of service centers, I was able to swing by Total Vision in Tucson, met with Rod..
Rod did a thorough investigation of the system, and determined the rear camera was malfunctioning..he replaced the camera, tested and tutored me on advanced setting..glad I stopped by
Old 10-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #9

Advanced settings? Can you elaborate?
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #10

Not anything special...just how to set the stops, and cam views, because it was a new camera, it was not preset..
Old 10-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #11

Does the 16' Cornerstone have this same Total vision camera?
Old 10-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #12

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
Does the 16' Cornerstone have this same Total vision camera?
The camera system was introduced in the 17 Cornerstone.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnjen View Post
Not anything special...just how to set the stops, and cam views, because it was a new camera, it was not preset..
I'm on my second time going through the big black box of manuals and found the total vision literature tucked inside another manual. It covered setup as you described.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
I'm on my second time going through the big black box of manuals and found the total vision literature tucked inside another manual. It covered setup as you described.
oh good was afraid you were going to ask me how to do it...as I am horrible at explaining things..it was nice to to set the hitch cam, lower limit, to not catch the suns reflection off of the polished entegra logo cap

Tags
leak, water, water leak