Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I also went with a Rockhard after market bumper and highly recommend it. 1/4" steel, very heavy duty and easy to install. As soon as I have a reason, I'll be replacing the rear bumper with a Rockhard. Using the readybrute elite tow bar and debated between that or something else with the Air Force one braking system. In the end, simplicity won out.

Center cable is tied to the bake pedal and the light plug in is in the lower tight corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	81207  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I too have the blue ox bar and Air Force 1 braking system and very pleased. Easy hook up and unhook.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersimon View Post
I also went with a Rockhard after market bumper and highly recommend it. 1/4" steel, very heavy duty and easy to install. As soon as I have a reason, I'll be replacing the rear bumper with a Rockhard. Using the readybrute elite tow bar and debated between that or something else with the Air Force one braking system. In the end, simplicity won out.

Center cable is tied to the bake pedal and the light plug in is in the lower tight corner.
If you want an excuse for the RockHard rear bumper, keep in mind that you can get a muffler skid plate that attaches to it. That's the only thing that will prevent bashing your muffler if you get into the rocks and drag the tail.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Old 12-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #18

Flora and I have the AirForceOne system with a Blue Ox tow bar for our CRV. It works great and car be moved to another toad. Simple to hook up and has a backup air storage system and provides proportional braking.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Had a gas A rig prior to purchasing the Entegra. Tow a 2014 4 Door Jeep Wrangler using the Roadmaster Falcon 2 Tow Bar from Camping World and the quick connect concealed mounting brackets. We installed the Invisibrake system, and it all connects easy via the 7 pin plug. Moving to the Entegra was simple, plug and go. I did run a new brake light indicator from the back of the Entegra that plugs in to a connection on the Jeep to the dash of the MH that lights up when I brake. My only complaint on the brake kit installation in the Jeep is that I can feel the bracket on the pedal. Need to have that fixed.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Old 12-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #20

First of all I want to thank you all for your help on thissoon to be project. I had contacted a dealer and want to see what they recommendedand a round about price to install the system. Below is the rough draft of whatthey want to do. I am not ready to take on this installation on my own so willhire out. I hope I can attach the rough draft. Looks like a Roadmaster withinvisbrake or air force one system.

I have the standard bumpers on the jeep so not sure I wantto spend the money and change the bumper out just yet. doesnt look like it will attache.
anyway pricing it out came to
3100 in parts
1900 labor

Old 12-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #21

The PDF cost estimate wont attach.

Roadmaster sterling tow bar

Tow Brackets

Universal lighting kit

Braking system Invisibrake or air force one

Towing vehicle air can

Total Parts 3100

Labor 1900
Old 12-17-2014, 12:41 AM   #22

May not apply here with a Jeep , but if you tow a vehicle with keyless start your battery will be dead every day or so. I spoke to Ford Dealer yesterday , they told me to disconnect one battery post on my Lincoln MKT as a simple fix,.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:06 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ready Brute Elite With the Ready Brake built into the Aluminum 8,000# rated towbar that I installed myself on a Subaru Forester with standard shift transmission.

A couple nights ago the Subaru suffered an electrical engine failure and I limped into a Home Depot parking lot. Last night I took my Acura MDX to tow the Subaru 20 miles back to my home but got caught in a heavy wet Minnesota snow storm. I finished the short 10 minute job of connecting the Ready Brute Elite tow bar, brake & safety cables & connector for the lights and drove the 20 miles home in the snow storm and backed the Subaru into my garage.

By now you should be sold on the Ready Brute tow bar Ready Brake system.
Dwight
1995 F53 35U Bounder, Wide Body-Large Vertical Windows-NO SLIDES, Front Axle-Davis Tru-Trac Bar, Rear Axle-SuperSteer Trac Bar, TowBar/Brake System-NSA ReadyBrute Elite, Family Motor Coach Association F 513--F 513s MotorHoming since 1952
Old 12-17-2014, 05:21 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
May not apply here with a Jeep , but if you tow a vehicle with keyless start your battery will be dead every day or so. I spoke to Ford Dealer yesterday , they told me to disconnect one battery post on my Lincoln MKT as a simple fix,.
I have a 2013 Explorer with keyless start. When the Blue Ox was installed a charge line is installed as well. Have had no issues
Old 12-17-2014, 05:58 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVUS101 View Post
3100 in parts
1900 labor
Wow! I have a bit over $2000 in with the new front bumper, readybrute elite, and wiring cable. Maybe a total of 4 hours of my labor, but that's taking things slow and careful.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
ReadtBrute tow bar and brake System $1,195. I got a show demo for $900. cash
installed by the dealer in Elkhart $200. but a body shop could easily do it, it is just a cable to connect to the brake peddle. I re-did mind after arriving home and installed a break away switch.. again easy .

Blue Ox base plate $350-$450.
installation at a body shop $150.-$200

Light wiring I made my own from boat trailer parts in my garage, but I understated they have plug and play for Jeeps. Link below

The umbilical cord from the base blate to the MH, $30. on line. Tow Harness Umbilical Cord - CoolTechLLC Big saving going to direct sources.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 12-17-2014, 06:39 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

The umbilical cord from the base blate to the MH, $30. on line. Tow Harness Umbilical Cord - CoolTechLLC Big saving going to direct sources.
I have the CoolTech...great product, great company. It really is plug and play. Remove left rear brake light cover, unplug and plug cable in. Run to front of Jeep and done.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #28
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
ReadtBrute tow bar and brake System $1,195. I got a show demo for $900. cash
installed by the dealer in Elkhart $200. but a body shop could easily do it, it is just a cable to connect to the brake peddle. I re-did mind after arriving home and installed a break away switch.. again easy .

Blue Ox base plate $350-$450.
installation at a body shop $150.-$200

Light wiring I made my own from boat trailer parts in my garage, but I understated they have plug and play for Jeeps. Link below

X 2 on the Ready Brute Elite with Ready Brake!
Closed Thread

Tags
tow