Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #1

TPMS

Trying to figure out how to add tow vehicle to our 2019 Anthem TPMS system....does it take a special request from Entegra? Can't find any instructions that may or may not have come with the coach. Or is it even possible?
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2019, 03:28 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Trying to figure out how to add tow vehicle to our 2019 Anthem TPMS system....does it take a special request from Entegra? Can't find any instructions that may or may not have come with the coach. Or is it even possible?
I am not sure where you are at in the process. Have you had the Valor sensors added to the tires of your tow vehicle?

Next sensors have to be added to the Coach system by using a Valor smart tool. Available to purchase or from most dealers.

Then once coach is started you go to settings, TPMS, select yes for tow vehicle and then exit out.

Only issue is that if you turn off the engine you have to repeat the last step. It works well for me.

The man from Valor to contact with all the answers and item you need to buy is Don Rigby, New Hudson Distribution, LLC 30095 Lamplighter Ct, New Hudson, Mi 48165. rigby.don@gmail.com 734 634-3278.

Nice guy.

Gary
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Personally I have decided against adding the toad to the dash system for the following reasons.
Transponders are expensive and the tire has to be broken down to install them, change toads, do it again.

The dash TPMS has to be selected to trailer, number of wheels then selected every time the MH has the engine shut off. I heard, once you're moving, it's to late so you don't have a TPMS on the toad until you stop and set it again.

A programmer has to be purchased at $200, or borrowed from Don Rigby to set up the toad and possible every tire rotation.

The set range for toad PSI tires do not have enough spread for pavement temperature changes without constant warnings.

I am going to install an after market for the toad. Easy to install, and easy to change toads. The Valor seems to be more trouble than what it is worth unless they make it more user friendly. JMO.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #4

Although Chuck makes some good points, I have added the Valor sensors to my coach and my Honda toad and I really like the system. GaryS (above) covers some of the issues. Also, I started a thread on here about early June entitled (Some things I have learned about my 2019 Cornerstone) and another thread that began as I picked up my coach in Atlanta May 21st and immediately had problems with my tire inflation levels and baselines that were built into system when it was delivered as I tried to drive the coach home, and it drove me "crazy" until I figured it out. However, others and I then published all the details of what you probably need to do to set up the system and what pressure and TPMS values work and work well with a fully loaded coach for travel. Although the system"drove me nuts" in the first 1,000 miles I owned my coach, I have now driven it 13,000 miles more and have had absolutely NO PROBLEMS or false alarms since those early problems.

The system is really nice. It is much nicer than I had when I had outboard TPMS system. Now, there are problems still. C310 has published a thread that tells all of us some of the limitation of our system and that is MUST-READ thread. However, I have never regretted getting my system going, and I am completely satisfied with how it is working now.

If you would like to talk to me directly, feel free to PM me and I will give you my cell number. Also, Gary S has already responded to your post and I am sure that he will be happy to tell you his opinion on the Valor system. There are some problems but the system is fundamentally as good or better than anything else there is out there. JMHO

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms