Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2019, 06:48 PM   #1

TPMS on 2017 Anthem

All,
Pick up my 2017 Anthem next month at NIRVC Atlanta and wonder if I need a TPMS unit or does it already have on installed. I hear the EZ is pretty reliable.
thank you,
RC in Sitka
anavycrna08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
EezTire TPMS Is still doing the free booster!

If the Newmar owners order a 10 sensor or larger system and Repeater add the coupon code "newmar special free repeater" the system will discount the Repeater cost back off the order.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #3

I’ve tried the EEZ system and was left hoping for a better system.

I found that system with the TST setup. Their color monitor is excellent, and the system was easily set up in 15 minutes for coach and toad.

It has proven quite reliable and easy to interpret in a wide variety of lighting conditions.

It is on the higher end of the price range, but I believe fits neatly into the category of “you get what you pay for.”

https://www.amazon.com/TST-TST-507-R...56920918&psc=1

I hope this helps,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:22 PM   #4

Love my TST system BUT the monitor is hard to see in just about any placing or light condition that I have found. On the bright side it is very reliable, accurate and easy to set up and use. I have the color monitor but just have trouble seeing it in the light. Maybe I am missing an adjustment somewhere, I will keep looking.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:34 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
When I 1st got my TST System I looked at it every 15 minutes. Now I trust it so I only when I 1st start in the morning. Then just drive and know that the TST SYSTEM will alert me if there is a problem.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:07 PM   #6

No one has answered your question. NO, your coach does not have a TPMS system already installed unless it is there from a previous owner. A factory installed TPMS system became available in 2019 coaches.

I will also say that I ran the TireMinder TPMS on both my 2015 Anthem and its toad and the system always "saw" Honda CR-V sensors as well as the coach.

Here are a couple issue to think through.

The size and visibility of the display
If the sensors are "pass through" or not
If the batteries are replaceable in the field

Good luck

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:31 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I’ve tried the EEZ system and was left hoping for a better system.

I found that system with the TST setup. Their color monitor is excellent, and the system was easily set up in 15 minutes for coach and toad.

It has proven quite reliable and easy to interpret in a wide variety of lighting conditions.

It is on the higher end of the price range, but I believe fits neatly into the category of “you get what you pay for.”

https://www.amazon.com/TST-TST-507-R...56920918&psc=1

I hope this helps,

-Matt
Matt, I don't know about that. I have no idea what the up charge for the Valor in dash system is, but I would much rather have what you and others have recommended, they even include the toad monitoring that is plug and play and they have a wide enough margin to cover increase in pavement temperatures.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavycrna08 View Post
All,
Pick up my 2017 Anthem next month at NIRVC Atlanta and wonder if I need a TPMS unit or does it already have on installed. I hear the EZ is pretty reliable.
thank you,
RC in Sitka
EZEE TPMS for us used on 2 coach's and toads. Very easy set up, reads before moving in AM so you know pressures/temps. No issue seeing/reading monitor as you mount where you want it. Excellent Customer Service.
While approaching Calgary last June drivers side tag ALARMED losing air. System worked as designed and we quickly made it to our campground and called a tire service for a repair.

Highly recommend !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:44 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
No one has answered your question. NO, your coach does not have a TPMS system already installed unless it is there from a previous owner. A factory installed TPMS system became available in 2019 coaches.
Hi RC,

Gary has given the correct answer to your question.

I purchased the EEZ RV TPMS system for my '18 Anthem and have been pleased with it. I took advantage of the offer suggested by Damion to get the booster. Additionally, when I purchased mine, I got two systems. IIRC, I got one with 4 sensors and one with 8 sensors. That gave me enough sensors for the coach and toad and spares of the rest of the system. With the discount from the booster, the total price was very close to one system with 12 sensors. Do the math for what works for you.

I didn't get the flow thru sensors and the anti-theft seems to be too much of a PIA. I really don't think there's much of a theft threat.

Mine was easy to hard wire to available 12v. I mounted mine in a location that isn't in my direct scan while driving; I can maneuver my sight line to see it if necessary while driving, but rely on the audible warning to notify me of any anomaly. A quick check of all the tire pressures before I depart in the morning by scrolling thru all the tires and, typically, the only other time I look at it is during fuel/rest stops.

I wouldn't feel good driving without some TPMS system.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-09-2019, 06:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
EZEE TPMS for us used on 2 coach's and toads. Very easy set up, reads before moving in AM so you know pressures/temps. No issue seeing/reading monitor as you mount where you want it. Excellent Customer Service.
While approaching Calgary last June drivers side tag ALARMED losing air. System worked as designed and we quickly made it to our campground and called a tire service for a repair.

Highly recommend !
I’ll have to agree with this!

Currently sitting in Texas and getting ready to leave tomorrow. EZEE has been on for two days and showing low pressure on tires due to morning temperatures being cool. After coffee I’ll check all tires and air up as needed for an early departure tomorrow morning.

After three years on the road fulltime I wouldn’t be without my EZEE TPMS!
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #11

thanks everyone for the replies! I appreciate it
anavycrna08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
We've had TST and EEZ and liked them both. Now going with TST for customer service but not really a slam on EEZ - probably just based on luck of the phone call.

Key is to have one
Old 04-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #13

I would also factor in perceived health of the manufacturer. 5 or more companies came on line around 2014-2015 and all were pretty similar except pass through versus end sensors..... but I would now be worrying about the financial health of any of the companies. I would be tempted to ask each company what their rate of new sales is.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #14

Hi where did your wirevin the booster
Ritk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, tpms