Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
I may have missed it, but WHY was it not programmed? There must have been a rationale?
This is just my guess....money. All of the manufactures were coming out of the recession and trying to save a buck to get started back up in the RV industry. This is just a guess, but I am seeing the quality really cheapened in a lot of the newer items.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #44

We are at Camp Entegra this week and our coach is one of those not programmed. Entegra has provided me with 2 Allison shops in Pittsburgh that can handler the update. I will contact them when we get home and get the update. Other than this issue all appears to be going well.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #45

77664 on my vin woner if i squeaked by
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Jerry,

I read the manual, or read through it, and missed where is said anything about having to engage economy mode.

I talked to Spartan a little while ago, mine is effected so they are setting me up to take it to a local Allison shop. The Spartan guy said most people think economy is the default mode so I don't feel so bad.

I don't think it had anything to do with saving money, I think it was simply a process oversight. They had to flash a memory into the TCM and the process doing it used the incorrect code. They are very forthcoming on correcting it at their cost.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Jerry,

I read the manual, or read through it, and missed where is said anything about having to engage economy mode.

I talked to Spartan a little while ago, mine is effected so they are setting me up to take it to a local Allison shop. The Spartan guy said most people think economy is the default mode so I don't feel so bad.

I don't think it had anything to do with saving money, I think it was simply a process oversight. They had to flash a memory into the TCM and the process doing it used the incorrect code. They are very forthcoming on correcting it at their cost.
Like Vance I think it was an oversight, albeit a potential costly one. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #48

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
TXBart is right. I'm having mine reprogrammed tomorrow in Brandon, FL at 8411 Adamo Dr. Detroit diesel Allison.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan CS was very accommodating but unfortunately my nearest fixit site is in Phoenix. I'll have it done in January while I'm up there.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #50

Guys,

Don't get too "wrapped around the axle" over this issue. I've experimented with the economy function many time and I remain unconvinced that it has any substantive impact on mileage.

If you travel extensive in lightly rolling terrain or stop & go traffic and have many many shift cycles. If the speed you travel coupled with the terrain cause lots of 6 to 5 shifts then perhaps you could gain a tenth or two of mpg.

I do understand the impulse to have your equipment working, but don't expect too much.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #51

X2
My previous MH ran kind of hot, and coolant temps & EGT's would climb quickly in hot weather, I would find myself forcing a downshift to get the revs up more than being bothered by the 5th-6th shifting of the transmission. Of course my current ISX doesn't care.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #52

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
While there may not be a huge difference in our ultimate fuel mileage, I commend Spartan Chassis for owning up to their responsibility, paying for the reprogramming so that we would have both the S1 (Performance Mode) and S3 (Economy Mode) programming that was supposed to be delivered with our purchase of their chassis. For those of us who frequently drive the gently rolling terrain of the Interstate system, we should see a moderate increase in fuel mileage.

My programming went smoothly today...about two hours total.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:42 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Guys,

Don't get too "wrapped around the axle" over this issue. I've experimented with the economy function many time and I remain unconvinced that it has any substantive impact on mileage.

If you travel extensive in lightly rolling terrain or stop & go traffic and have many many shift cycles. If the speed you travel coupled with the terrain cause lots of 6 to 5 shifts then perhaps you could gain a tenth or two of mpg.

I do understand the impulse to have your equipment working, but don't expect too much.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
One good thing about our Country, so far everyone can make up their own mind. I certainly never implied it would save a ton of fuel, but it sure cuts down on transmission shifting.
I never started this thread to get opinions as to whether economy mode saved fuel or not. It's another option to use as you see fit depending on circumstances. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #54

X2 What Noel said.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Noel. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
My guess from owning a 2013&14 is that none of the 3000 Allison's are programmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8804 View Post
Thanks Noel. Regarding your hypothesis that none of the 3000's are programmed, I can say that my 2014 works exactly as described in the manual.
loisjop
My Allison M3060, (not an Entegra and not a 2013 or 2014), IS!
I suspect MOST are.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transmission