Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Had my dish crap out last fall. Ran several tests as requested by Winegard and it turned out to be a dish that had gone bad. They sent me a new one to the campground I was in and I had it changed out in a few hours. Winegard is great to work with.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
This is what Traveler walked me through on mine. It worked ... but sounds like you might have a different problem than we did. On ours, the middle part was sticking straight up and wouldn't go down. Good luck and keep us all posted. Lynn
When I spoke with Nicky this morning at Winegard, she told me there was no fix for a AZ Motor stalled other than replacing parts. Not wanting to push for other answers and upset the one that was helping me. We talked about it for awhile. But she was clear that this problem was a parts replacement. She is sending me, what they called a "Loop Repl Turret RP-SWM3" part. She indicated the work was simple. Just take the dish and arm off, then work from the top down so to speak. She was going to include detailed instructions. But did say most could do this work. So either Friday or Saturday, I am on the roof and fixing it. I will let all know how it goes and how difficult it might or might not be and hopefully this will solve the problem.
Bpeter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Had my dish crap out last fall. Ran several tests as requested by Winegard and it turned out to be a dish that had gone bad. They sent me a new one to the campground I was in and I had it changed out in a few hours. Winegard is great to work with.
Your right. Winegard has been great to work with. All I did was supply them the info showing Entegra put the dish on. Then no questions other than where do you want the parts sent. She even returned the calls to tell me all is in the works and I will have parts Thursday. Can't ask for more.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:57 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Good ... glad they are helping you. Sounds like a different error than I had. Also glad you are handy. I'm afraid of heights so would not get on the roof - I would have to have an RV tech out to do it for me. Hopefully, I never get the error you got! Curious .. are you getting reception from the dish or did you hook up to campground cable or over the air channels?
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #33

On antenna now until I fix it. Should be no big deal and I don't mind doing it. No cable where we are at. Staying at my sister in laws trailer park. Cheap living, but not much for amenities. The dish is locked in position. It won't go up or down now. I probably could have gotten on the roof and unlocked it. But frankly its only TV and it can wait until I fix it right.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #34

Fix for AZ Motor Stalled on Travler Dish

Now fixed and back up and running.
Problem started with stowing the dish. The Winegard box showed AZ Motor Stalled. It would not go back up or down. So per others recommendations, I called Winegard. I have to say that Nikki from there was just great to work with. She gave me all the info I needed. Shipped out the part. It came in a day and a half. Old part ships back to them in the same box and they even sent the UPS sticker to go on the carton. Just cannot say enough good things about Winegard and Nikki. She even asked me to let her know that it all went well and worked or she would help me further.

Let me say that if this happens to others, and mine was truly locked in position. That on the back side of the turret, there is a black plastic bolt. By taking that out, you can get a 3/8 socket on a 6" extension in there and manually get the dish down.

The fix required replacing the whole turret. This is everything above the plate that holds the dish down to the roof.
To get the old turret off, you have to take off the reflector and the LNB assembly. That only requires taking off 4 bolts, 4 screws and 1 coax cable. Then you have to disconnect 1 coax from the turret and 1 wire connection inside the connection box. After that, 9 - 3/8 bolts get the old turret off and then just reassemble. Really it was very easy. Took about a hour to accomplish. Only needed a 3/8 socket and ratchet, a small adjustable wrench, 3/16 allen wrench and I had a pair of pliers in case. Hardest part of the job was to figure out how to get the new turret on the roof. Only weighs around 20-30 lbs, but to bulky to carry up a ladder. So I tied a rope to it and had DW help me guide it up the ladder. That was also the most stressful part of the job. If I screwed up there, there goes my paint job. But all went well. After getting it all together, turn the dish on, let it do it's thing and then turn it off to make sure it stowed. All went well and no programming. It did everything it needed to do and satellite TV again.

I forgot to mention that there was no programming on the Winegard box. But you do have to reprogram your TV. All I did there was check the signal strength in set up satellite and then cancelled out of that screen and then the TV moves on and Direct TV starts its download. Once that is at 100%, hit watch TV.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Bob, thank you for that nice detailed update.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Totally agree with you about Winegard and Nikki! I started getting a "No LNB Voltage" error a couple of weeks ago. Ruled out the turret to LNB cable, so Nikki sent me a new LNB. Still got the same error, so now have a new turret sitting in the garage. Waiting for the rain to stop so I can replace the turret. Glad to read it's an easy replacement.

Glad I have the ladder on ours
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersimon View Post
Totally agree with you about Winegard and Nikki! I started getting a "No LNB Voltage" error a couple of weeks ago. Ruled out the turret to LNB cable, so Nikki sent me a new LNB. Still got the same error, so now have a new turret sitting in the garage. Waiting for the rain to stop so I can replace the turret. Glad to read it's an easy replacement.

Glad I have the ladder on ours
Jerry, you will find it very simple to accomplish. I think the hardest part of the job aside from how was I going to get it on the roof.....was being on my knees all that time. No trouble getting down to it, but the getting back up is getting harder.
There is plenty of room up there to work on it also.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:16 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the update. Glad you are good to go!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:45 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
I had "El Motor Fail" and the dish was stuck with the horn pointing straight up. Out of calibration sez Winegard CS. About a 20 minute phone call and we're up and operational again.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, travel