RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2020, 07:13 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Cool Trimark not working

I know this has been discussed on here previously, but I have had no luck searching for a resolution.

After not being at the coach for week, I went to check on it and I could not get the keypad to respond and unlock the door. Light would come on, but no beeps and it would not unlock the door or bay doors. I then tried the key fob with the same results. Finally used the key to open the door. When leaving, I again tried to lock the door, but no joy.

Any ideas what I can check ? If not, I will call Entegra tomorrow morning.

This is on a 2020 Anthem

Thanks for any advise!

2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #2

Have you lightly buffed both sets of contacts? They corrode depending on the environment and all af them need attention at least every 6 months

Crocus cloth or fine emory

Old 02-09-2020, 07:35 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I had that problem recently on the 19. After I got inside with the key, I discovered the coach batteries were dead from a tripped breaker at the hanger. After the batteries were changed the door locks still didn't work. Recycled the 12v power, everything worked fine after that.
I have found with all the electricians on the newer models, the 12v power switch gets a workout on my coach.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:48 AM   #4

On our 2017, I had to remove the tray on the dash and physically pull the power connector from the Trimark controller to reset it.

Not sure if it is powered when the master 12V is off or if I didn't wait long enough with the master 12V reset.

Steve
Old 02-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by photraveller View Post
On our 2017, I had to remove the tray on the dash and physically pull the power connector from the Trimark controller to reset it.

Not sure if it is powered when the master 12V is off or if I didn't wait long enough with the master 12V reset.

Steve

Another option to reset is to pull the two fuses in the front compartment below the driver side window. On my 2016 there is one fuse in each of the two small fuse boxes. Iíve done this several times to reset the system and it always seems to work.
Grower15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:48 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

went back to the coach to try some of the recommendations here...

When trying to input code on the keypad, everything works normally, but the door will not unlock. Key FOB also does not unlock the door or bay doors.

Thought I would try to start the coach....no luck! I get the blinking lights that the key FOB is not nearby. I suspect this all part of the overall problem with the trimark system and not a battery issue.

To my knowledge, there are no fuses in the 2020...everything is resettable breakers, although I didn't see any breakers that specifically referenced the trimark system that I could reset. I did recycle the 12V system to no avail...

One other thing....after trying to unlock the door with the keypad...after a few seconds I got 2 short beeps and 1 long beep. This continued for about a minute and then stopped.

Guess I'll be calling Entegra tomorrow, unless someone else has another idea to try...
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Old 02-09-2020, 12:01 PM   #7

Q

Here is another thing to try. If you get the three green circle flashes when you try to start the coach, that means that the dash and the coach do not "see" the key fobs or that the key fobs and the "system" need to be re-joined. This happened to me 3 months after I took delivery of the coach. Did not try to use the fobs to get in or out to lock (I generally leave the fob in the coach and do the locking and unlocking with the keypad). Anyhow. How to reset the fob and get the dashboard to "handshake": open the rearmost passenger side compartment (where the primary fuel filter is and the DEF tank) and turn off the two big switches you see there. What those switches do is turn off the power to the 12 volt Cummins circuitry. Leave them off for ~ 30 seconds and then turn them back on. Wait a couple of minutes. Now, see if the dash and the fob have "found" each other again. If they have, you will not get the three green circles. That should have paired the fob and the ignition. If that does not do the trick, I would wonder about the batteries in the fob. If you haven't changed them, change them, or use the "spare" fob (and go out and buy a spare set of fob batteries or two...). The flashing green circle means that the ignition has looked for the correct key fob and can't find it, and therefore will not permit the coach to start.

Doing that re-sets everything in the ignition system on my coach. I have described the whole "hand-shake" process in previous threads. If you need help to find them, let me know.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:57 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Dr. Q,

Attached is the correct programming information for programming your key fobs, at least 2019, and I bet it didn't change for 2020. Entegra has actually made things a little easier, because the "purple wire" described on page 43 is now an actual switch making things much easier. Don't overlook the part about doing both fobs or you'll be left with a non-functional fob (the one that you did not re-program). Now with all that said, it really doesn't sound like the actual key fobs since you're also having problems with the Trimark push buttons. Fortunately, the second switch where you program the key fobs is for re-programming the door entry code.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019_Entegra_Anthem.pdf (499.6 KB, 2 views)
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:12 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Thanks, everyone, for you suggestions...

But to close the loop on this.

I spent about an hour on the phone with Spartan troubleshooting the issue.

Gary....if it were just the key fobs that didn't work, I think your process to reset them would have worked. However, my keypad will not work either. Only way into the coach is via the key. The Spartan tech had me do all the things on your list though, plus removing 2 fuses in the compartment under the driver.

Here's the kicker though.....the coach will NOT start either, since it can't verify the key fob. Per the tech, there is no work around for this situation....scary! He told me if I had been out on the road somewhere, the only option is to wait or get towed to a service center.

At any rate, Spartan determined that the Trimark module has failed and needs replaced. They will have a mobile mechanic come to change it out, after they ship parts...probably Tuesday or Wednesday.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Old 02-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #10

Q

Well, that is a new complete failure. I don't think that in 5 or 6 years reading this forum I have read through a thread that talked about a complete failure of the control center. (Was it the TriMark control center that failed completely??). I personally had an exterior handle and push button unit that failed, I've had an external handle that was never re-wired after a problem was fixed (leak) at the factory, and other failures of the external handle, but never the control unit.

Yes, that is a scary possibility. One of my coaches at Quartzsite this year had his door lock for no reason (he said he did nothing to lock it) at 10:00 at night and probably 90-100 miles from the closest lock-smith. He was contemplating breaking out the toll window to get in. Luckily, he had never programmed the TriMark and so I did a search on this forum for how to unlock and found information on the unlock code for a new, never programmed coach, and we tried that, and that factory code worked.

Gary
Old 02-09-2020, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by photraveller View Post

Steve

There was a service replacement of trimark modules that had the same issues. Call Entegra to see if yours is covered. I found this out through Spartan. Until then try resetting your coach batteries by flipping both breakers in the back bay fo 30 seconds. That always reset it for me
rrk8091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #12

When this happened to me I found the 15amp fuse in the bay below the drivers seat had blown. It is behind the panel and labeled as TRIMARK. Replaced the fuse and everything stared right up. It has happened to me twice and the first time was a scary moment because you are stranded until you can fix it. One other thing, I keep one fob in the RV and the other in my car so when it happened I had a hard time believing that both had died at the same time so I started down the reprogramming route. I had to talk to Entegra about that because the books didn't show the TRIMARK module that was installed in the RV and while talking to them they discovered the fuse and asked me to look at it. It was blown and I replaced it and away we go.
DEWSOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:08 AM   #13

Dewsoo

Thanks for that information. I will file it away, and the OP, while you are waiting for the replacement module, give that a try (the fuse) and please come back and let us know if that solved your problem.

The whole unit going bad seems unlikely so this seems more like it should cure your problem. If so, this is an important one for all of us to keep on file for the future.

Gary
Old 02-10-2020, 02:09 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Dewsoo

Thanks for that information. I will file it away, and the OP, while you are waiting for the replacement module, give that a try (the fuse) and please come back and let us know if that solved your problem.

The whole unit going bad seems unlikely so this seems more like it should cure your problem. If so, this is an important one for all of us to keep on file for the future.

Gary
OK...here goes....

While on the phone with Spartan, I flipped off the chassis batteries with the switches back by the chassis batteries (for 5 minutes).....No Change

We then removed the 2 fuses you are talking about under the drivers seat, in the forward outside bay (again, for 5 minutes)....same result; no change

Each time we removed power from the Trimark, it would beep when power was restored, however, nothing would work.

In the Trimark troubleshooting manual, it states that if you have 2 short and 1 long beep, it could be a defective module; which in my case, happens to be the case.

At any rate, Spartan is taking care of everything...module is being overnighted and they already contacted Coach-Net to have a mobile mechanic standing by to replace the unit. They are also sending 2 new Keyfobs, already programmed to the new module. Both Spartan and Coach-Net contacted me early this morning.

Although I am not pleased that this module crashed and burned, I couldn't be happier with the response from Spartan and getting me going again.

Once the module is replaced, I'll come back on here to provide an update, as to whether that fixed the problem or not...

Cheers!

2016 Jeep Cherokee