Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2020, 06:48 PM   #15

Mike

Ive started a new thread which more directly addresses the issue of Truck stops that might not be a good place to stop for a coach towing... Look for it.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2020, 06:59 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Mike

Ive started a new thread which more directly addresses the issue of Truck stops that might not be a good place to stop for a coach towing... Look for it.

Gary
LINK
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:08 AM   #17

And linking back to Tom's original post, and Bill's following satellite picture, I appreciate Tom bring up this topic. It is pretty clear to me that the exit from the fuel docks would be relatively a piece of cake if I just happened to be lucky enough to come into the right most (or bottom fuel lane in Bill's picture), but if I was unlucky enough to come into the leftmost or top fuel lane, then I can understand Tom use of the words "insanely tight" to describe the left turn that I would have to make to exit the fuel lane and then get out of the truck stop without disconnecting the toad and making the turn and then reconnecting on the way out. That tight a turn is nothing for a semi tractor and trailer to make, but that would be very hard to do towing my Honda and would put great strain on the Demco baseplate on my Honda as the turn would be made at very slow speed and would be very tight.

Bill if you want to try that truck stop.... have at it, but I will avoid that one like the plague and I appreciate Tom bringing it up.

Gary
Old 01-03-2020, 07:17 AM   #18

Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Bill if you want to try that truck stop.... have at it, but I will avoid that one like the plague and I appreciate Tom bringing it up.

Gary
I wouldn't take anyone's word that a place is easy to get in and out of and I'm not going to take anyone's word for places not to go when there's a clear overhead view. But, if that's your choice...have at it.

The sat view doesn't always help (think campgrounds) but in a situation like this the whole reason for looking at the sat view is to know to get in the rightmost 3 or 4 lanes before making the stop; that should be obvious. More to the point, we don't all have equal situational awareness, good distance judgement and understanding of turn geometry; that's why some of us hit things and some of us don't.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:23 AM   #19

Meant to be helpful but.....
Consider this closed.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #20

Truck stops

We have a 2015 Aspire 43’ which we tow a trailer with a car on it so we are about 65’ long. My problem which isn’t a big thing but when I need DEF I have to go into the parking lot of the truck stop turn around & come back to the pump. I have to wait until a pump is empty & nobody waiting so I can pull though. Then usually go out the entrance road with all the drivers complaining about RV’s.
We were on the East coast & I look on line for a cheaper fuel station. Found one on our route. Pulled in a small gas station & found out the diesel pumps where the back row. It was so small I couldn’t pull though. I told my wife we either unload the car & trailer or back into the roadway. I told her to wait until the stop light near us was red but the cars turning from the side road wouldn’t stop for her. There was a guard rail between the other lanes. I keep backing slowly up & she was trying to stop cars which wouldn’t when an Ambulance turned on it’s lights & siren & everyone froze. I shot back then around the outside pumps & then dragged the trailer over his flower planted. My wife blow kisses to the crew in the Ambulance.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:20 PM   #21

I just got my TSD card and have now used it 3 times. In Oregon Pilot station my discount was $85. In 2 Loves stations in Calif. my discount was $15 and $3. So I say to avoid all fuel stations in Calif.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:00 AM   #22

My standard operating procedure is to fuel to the top of the tank before entering California, (and hope I can get into and out of the state before I need to refuel) and then refill the first exit after I exit California on my way elsewhere, if at all possible. Diesel is expensive everywhere out there. I appreciate what they are trying to do with fossil fuel consumption, but I try to not fuel in California any more than I absolutely have to.

If I have to fuel in California, I add only what I figure I have to have to get me to the first exit after leaving the state....

Gary
Old 01-04-2020, 07:18 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
CA has a fuel monopoly. Only fuel refined in CA can be sold in CA, no competition. Not to mention one of the highest fuel taxes in the nation. I don't think any discount card is going to work in CA. not with state controlled price fixing. Just the past residents experience.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:33 AM   #24

Quote:
My standard operating procedure is to fuel to the top of the tank before entering California, (and hope I can get into and out of the state before I need to refuel) and then refill the first exit after I exit California on my way elsewhere, if at all possible. Diesel is expensive everywhere out there. I appreciate what they are trying to do with fossil fuel consumption, but I try to not fuel in California any more than I absolutely have to.

Gary

You can not tell another country how to price things and California is one I avoid. It is very different that the United States.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
CA has a fuel monopoly. Only fuel refined in CA can be sold in CA, no competition.
How can that be legal? What about the Interstate Commerce Clause of the Constitution? What's next? Will they tell you that you can't sell a tire or battery that was not made in California?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:20 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
How can that be legal? What about the Interstate Commerce Clause of the Constitution? What's next? Will they tell you that you can't sell a tire or battery that was not made in California?
Marc I no longer live their for a lot less reasons. As Nathan said, they are in their own country with their own set of laws. They have hired the previous US Attorney General to fight the current administration if they try to get involved with the Country of CA laws. CA says there is no other refined fuel products that will meet their omission standards. Other refineries say it's too expensive to make CA standard fuel.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #27

If that is truly the reason, that that's different..

Gary
Old 01-04-2020, 12:13 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
If that is truly the reason, that that's different..

Gary
Google it, it's the truth. Ask anyone that lives in CA. My source is an LAPD Sargent that sends me that latest nut things Gov Brown and now Newsom have done.