Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
757Driver,
Correct the Flow Through Sensors are user replaceable CR1632 batteries. We also have a 507 Cap Sensor that is compatible with Flow Through that has user replaceable batteries. Many mix and match the Flow Throughs and the 507 Caps. The most common is putting Flow Throughs on the motorhome, and 507 Caps on the trailer or toad. The reason is the caps are a smaller sensor, weigh less and work well on trailers on toad vehicles.
We also have a 510 System that has 4-5 year batteries that is not user replaceable.
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
JohnyReno,
You are right, Renata are great batteries.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:27 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Hello Jose,
Feel free to contact me at TST regarding your pre-mature battery life.

Thank you,
Mike Benson
TST
Old 05-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
JWMaustin,
Yes you can find them pretty easily.

Thank you,

Mike Benson
TST
Old 05-30-2017, 06:22 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I am very disappointed in the TST sensors. We have had a sensor that leaks, two sensors that stopped reading (battery ok) and now we seem to be running into batteries failing. Opened two different sensors that failed to replace the batteries and found that water has gotten into the battery area. Fixed that with some contact cleaner and a new batteries, but it was a real PIA.

Now, the 12 sensors on our coach and toad were new in July 2016. Further we have not been running in rain that much so I am wondering about the other 10. Just seems like we have gotten into a bad run of product. To top it all off the 12 sensors my dealer supplied were all flow through type. When I went to TST in GA to get a couple of replacement sensors I found out that it was not a good idea to have Flow Through sensors on the toad, so that cost me another 200 dollars for the low profile sensors. Spoke with my dealer about that and they said that they had never heard (from TST or others) that it was not recommended to have flow through sensors on the toad.

So now I have a device I bought for safety that seems to routinely fails when there is nothing wrong. Driving with this thing is like when we get an alarm the first thing is what is wrong with the sensors again, not do we have a tire problem. Not a good safety scenario.

I will say that TST has been responsive to my phone calls, but with their policy of return the bad one and we will check it out doesn't work well with our full time life style and the post office. That is my problem, but if their product wasn't so flaky I would not have that problem.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:11 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
MoHoGo,

My name is Mike Benson Sales Manger with TST. I would like you to contact me directly at 210-420-0132. I have read your post, and want to address this correctly. I am always available and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
Mike Benson
TST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
I am very disappointed in the TST sensors. We have had a sensor that leaks, two sensors that stopped reading (battery ok) and now we seem to be running into batteries failing. Opened two different sensors that failed to replace the batteries and found that water has gotten into the battery area. Fixed that with some contact cleaner and a new batteries, but it was a real PIA.

Now, the 12 sensors on our coach and toad were new in July 2016. Further we have not been running in rain that much so I am wondering about the other 10. Just seems like we have gotten into a bad run of product. To top it all off the 12 sensors my dealer supplied were all flow through type. When I went to TST in GA to get a couple of replacement sensors I found out that it was not a good idea to have Flow Through sensors on the toad, so that cost me another 200 dollars for the low profile sensors. Spoke with my dealer about that and they said that they had never heard (from TST or others) that it was not recommended to have flow through sensors on the toad.

So now I have a device I bought for safety that seems to routinely fails when there is nothing wrong. Driving with this thing is like when we get an alarm the first thing is what is wrong with the sensors again, not do we have a tire problem. Not a good safety scenario.

I will say that TST has been responsive to my phone calls, but with their policy of return the bad one and we will check it out doesn't work well with our full time life style and the post office. That is my problem, but if their product wasn't so flaky I would not have that problem.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:07 AM   #21

Renata CR1632-TS 125mAh 3V Lithium Primary (LiMNO2)Coin Cell Battery - 1 Piece Tear Strip, Sold Individually THeese wil last 3 times longer and will not leak mercury into your unit Just Sayin replaced these type batteries 32 years
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post

clean any metal contact to the battery with a pencil eraser as the batteries if not quality leak white powder from them
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:23 AM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
I have found TST pretty responsive. I contacted them because i could not get the cover off the batteries to replace them. They pointed out that you really need the proper Phillips head screw driver. #0. Magic, problem solved.
Also lots of Good info on web site. FAQ
Old 08-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Mike Benson, once he became aware of the problem, and TST resolved our issue completely. We did change to the non flow through sensors and TST even showed us how to remove the anti theft cover so that when we need to check pressure with gauge or add air we just unscrew the sensor like a valve cap.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:35 AM   #25

I buy cheap batteries on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

50 each CR1632 for $15 delivered.

I change coach and toad batteries each spring, don't wait for them to fail.
Check for water intrusion, corrosion, o ring condition at same time.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've been using 1620 not 1632. They seem to work......?

EDIT just found it:

a 1632 is Ř16 x 3.2mm in size which is bigger than a 1620.... so I guess it's just a physical size and electrical storage question?

1620 was in my sensors....what does TST have to say about it?

Tags
batteries