Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Tucson Service

When we got fuel this morning west of Deming I noticed a small pink fluid leak at the forward edge of the radiator. I call Entegra CS, they noted it and said they would call Spartan. Spartan called me back in about a hour. I said I was spending the night at Lazy Days RV park and they said if LD couldn't get to me to try La Mesa RV and gave me both numbers. I had to leave a message for LD. I waited an hour or so and called La Mesa.

La Mesa said to come in when I hit town. LD called me back 4 hours later and said they were taking service reservations for 12 and 13 November.

The leak seemed to heal itself at the last 3 stops but I stopped by their shop anyway. The service writer (Billy) said he would have a tech check it out but I decided to fly-it-and-watch-it. He also said they would knock out a generator service for me while it was there.

No question who I would recommend in Tucson. Regrettably, that performance skews my attitude toward Orlando LD also.

(Also. Tucson LD was not the least cooperative in assisting me with a minor slide issue)
2013 Thor Challenger 37GT (Traded)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #2

Lazy Days-Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
When we got fuel this morning west of Deming I noticed a small pink fluid leak at the forward edge of the radiator. I call Entegra CS, they noted it and said they would call Spartan. Spartan called me back in about a hour. I said I was spending the night at Lazy Days RV park and they said if LD couldn't get to me to try La Mesa RV and gave me both numbers. I had to leave a message for LD. I waited an hour or so and called La Mesa.

La Mesa said to come in when I hit town. LD called me back 4 hours later and said they were taking service reservations for 12 and 13 November.

The leak seemed to heal itself at the last 3 stops but I stopped by their shop anyway. The service writer (Billy) said he would have a tech check it out but I decided to fly-it-and-watch-it. He also said they would knock out a generator service for me while it was there.

No question who I would recommend in Tucson. Regrettably, that performance skews my attitude toward Orlando LD also.

(Also. Tucson LD was not the least cooperative in assisting me with a minor slide issue)
I agree with your assessment of Lazy Days-tucson.The name says it all.
GES627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear that. I ordered my coach from LD in Tampa. If I have the same treatment I will be all over the internet with it as well.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Lots of people seem to be very happy with LD Orlando, maybe you'll have a similar experience. It's a long way from Tucson!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post

We had the same thing happen to us on this current trip from Oregon to our Entegra PDI at the factory.....during this trip I noticed that same small puddle you reference, during a rest stop. Hadn't happened before and hasn't recurred since.... I will mention it to our service shop when we have the next service.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same treatment from North Trails RV in Ft. Myers, a Travel Supreme dealer. Because I did not buy my TS from them they pulled the 6 months wait for service trick on me. We went to to the factory instead, best trip we have ever taken.

In 10 years I have never bought a part from North Trails, paid them a dime for service and did NOT even look there when we just purchased a $300,000 new MH. I found it more fun to by pass North Trails when I needed parts and learned the internet is a money saving friend 20 miles closer to home.

As for service, I found a local truck and frame shop that is excellent for repairs and they even have a mobile unit that will come to me if heavy equipment is not needed for the repair. And they are less than 1/2 price of North Trails. See I can still bad mouth a bad dealer

I do know that LD does get jammed up during Snowbird season and kind of sorry ours will be delivered at the peak of season.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We had nothing but the best of care from Lazysdays Tampa FL.
Karen
Old 11-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I didn't intend to paint all of Lazy Days with the same brush. Tucson LD may be more responsive if you bought your coach from them but they sure weren't interested in supporting someone who was passing through.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought our used Coach from them and we have had Good Service from them but you have to understand that they are one of the only 2 big Dealers in Tucson and there are lots of Snow Birds passing through. We were going to Quartzite last January and we had a hard Freeze and had busted lines well they could not see us for a month. We just Drove Back home. Lazydays is nice because they have a Campground but if their Bays are Full and Booked up well it is what it is.
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #10

The only positive thing I can say about LD Tucson is that the campground is nice. Their attitude about service is "you can make an app for next month take it or leave it" I guess they don't need anymore business. I would never go there for service. On warranty service for our previous Allegro Bus they screwed up royally. It took me several weeks and multiple phone calls to Tiffin to figure out what they had done.

I now use East Valley RV Center in Mesa, AZ. I plan to have Entegra approve any warranty work there. They are a Tiffin Service Center but not yet Entegra.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
The only positive thing I can say about LD Tucson is that the campground is nice. Their attitude about service is "you can make an app for next month take it or leave it" I guess they don't need anymore business. I would never go there for service. On warranty service for our previous Allegro Bus they screwed up royally. It took me several weeks and multiple phone calls to Tiffin to figure out what they had done.

I now use East Valley RV Center in Mesa, AZ. I plan to have Entegra approve any warranty work there. They are a Tiffin Service Center but not yet Entegra.
I am sorry you had such a Bad experiance with Lazydays Tucson. They are not a Tiffin Dealer. I wonder why you did not go across the Street to La Mesa RV who is a Tiffin Dealer and have the work Done on your Bus?? I am Surprised that Tiffin would not have told you to take it to La Mesa. I hope you enjoy your Entegra. Enjoy the Road and be Safe.
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor16 View Post
I am sorry you had such a Bad experiance with Lazydays Tucson. They are not a Tiffin Dealer. I wonder why you did not go across the Street to La Mesa RV who is a Tiffin Dealer and have the work Done on your Bus?? I am Surprised that Tiffin would not have told you to take it to La Mesa. I hope you enjoy your Entegra. Enjoy the Road and be Safe.
For the record, LD Tucson is an authorized Tiffin Service Center. They are not a Tiffin new coach dealer. That was the arrangement that Tiffin made with La Mesa when LD opened across the street. My Bus was worked on under warranty and with Tiffin's full knowledge. In fact, LD was on the phone with the Tiffin tech on multiple occasions. The problem was that the air bags dump wiring was incorrectly hooked up at the factory which was causing it short to ground every time the air bags tried to dump blowing the fuse.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I had the same treatment from North Trails RV in Ft. Myers, a Travel Supreme dealer. Because I did not buy my TS from them they pulled the 6 months wait for service trick on me. We went to to the factory instead, best trip we have ever taken.

In 10 years I have never bought a part from North Trails, paid them a dime for service and did NOT even look there when we just purchased a $300,000 new MH. I found it more fun to by pass North Trails when I needed parts and learned the internet is a money saving friend 20 miles closer to home.

As for service, I found a local truck and frame shop that is excellent for repairs and they even have a mobile unit that will come to me if heavy equipment is not needed for the repair. And they are less than 1/2 price of North Trails. See I can still bad mouth a bad dealer

I do know that LD does get jammed up during Snowbird season and kind of sorry ours will be delivered at the peak of season.
Sorry to hear about your trouble with North Trail RV in Ft. Myers. We have always been treated well there. Didn't buy our coach from them but they have serviced it cheerfully and quickly everytime we have visited.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote