Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2019, 10:55 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tug-of-war with Kitchen counter pull-out

Possibly the difficulty we are having with the kitchen counter pull-out is a common issue and someone has found a solution. The cabinet is so hard to pull out I’ve considered adding it to my exercise routine. Kidding aside, my wife seldom uses it and when she does, I halve to pull (tug) it out. I have removed it, cleaned an lubricated the rollers in the base tray with little, if any, improvement. I seems to be lacking structurally for the weight of the cabinet empty and more so if the drawers are marginally used.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2019, 05:24 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, not sure if the newer models are the same, but the dog leash drawer in the steps was so hard to open it was useless. From posts here there were two magnets in the rear of the drawer holding it closed, removed one....perfect. Check to see if the counter top slide is the same, or it is the latches to tight in the back. They can be adjusted.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:25 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On the other hand, if it pulled out easily, it might come flying out when making a hard turn. I prefer the way it is.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:31 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
There is a happy medium, ours is snug, on both coaches, but not impossible as the new dog leash drawer was. That was a wrist buster.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:39 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I can order another slide tray for the pull-out. The concern is if it is just a bad part or a design issue. Has anyone had the same issue and resolved it?
Old 05-12-2019, 06:57 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, back on subjct, here are a couple of posts that discussed your problem that might help. IIRC I did have to adjust mine to release easier, but it's been a while.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/corn...rs-408105.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/kitc...on-298613.html
Old 05-12-2019, 07:33 AM   #7

Tom

What you are talking about is the large, heavy, set of three or four cabinet drawers from the kitchen cabinet which pulls out from its normal position so that the kitchen cabinet counter makes an "L". It seems everyone is talking about the leash and glove drawer coming in the main steps??!!??

If you are talking about the kitchen slide out counter section, mine was literally impossible for my wife to get to slide out herself, and if it needed to be out or in, she asked for me to do it, and I struggled to do it. She figured this out within an hour of us first being on the coach at NIRVC when we picked it up new. We mentioned it to the head pre guy (Woo) and he tried it, and he is a BIG guy, and he could move it only with difficulty. So, I assumed that it was an installation problem and that it would need new slides or new something, but he rammed it in and out 10 or 15 times, and then had one of his guys spray a lubricant on the slide mechanism while he rammed it in and out another 10-15 times, and you know what?, it became substantially easier to move in and out. I would not have thought that lubricant would have had any positive effect, but it did. I know you tried that but you might try a different product.

If we are talking about the same cabinet section, you might try giving that a try. I would have bet a lot of money that we were going to need to replace the slide mechanism with much better quality slides, but now DW can move that section of the counter in and out by herself easily.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Gary, we are referring to the same 3-drawer cabinet that pulls out from the kitchen cabinet. The cabinet catches to keep the pull-out secured are difficult, but the real problem is once released, the pull-out is very difficult to fully “pull out”. Good exercise.

I’ll give the lube you described a try. I did before removing the pull-out and taking the slide tray assembly apart.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Tom

What you are talking about is the large, heavy, set of three or four cabinet drawers from the kitchen cabinet which pulls out from its normal position so that the kitchen cabinet counter makes an "L". It seems everyone is talking about the leash and glove drawer coming in the main steps??!!??

If you are talking about the kitchen slide out counter section, mine was literally impossible for my wife to get to slide out herself, and if it needed to be out or in, she asked for me to do it, and I struggled to do it. She figured this out within an hour of us first being on the coach at NIRVC when we picked it up new. We mentioned it to the head pre guy (Woo) and he tried it, and he is a BIG guy, and he could move it only with difficulty. So, I assumed that it was an installation problem and that it would need new slides or new something, but he rammed it in and out 10 or 15 times, and then had one of his guys spray a lubricant on the slide mechanism while he rammed it in and out another 10-15 times, and you know what?, it became substantially easier to move in and out. I would not have thought that lubricant would have had any positive effect, but it did. I know you tried that but you might try a different product.

If we are talking about the same cabinet section, you might try giving that a try. I would have bet a lot of money that we were going to need to replace the slide mechanism with much better quality slides, but now DW can move that section of the counter in and out by herself easily.

Gary
Tom
On my 2015 the island cabinet is held in locked position by 3 standard cabinet latches... just the same setup as on any other cabinet in the rig. They are located on the slide plate at the very back of the cabinet and are only accessable by removing the island cabinet. I'll bet there is a problem with latch alingment. If yours is simaler to mine, it's pretty easy to remove the island cabinet. Just 4 sheet metal screws hold the cabinet to the slide. Access is from inside the cabinet with the bottom drawer removed.While your down there, mark the underside where the cabinet sits by drawing a pencil line around the plate so you can line the cabinet back up when you reattach things. Now lift the empty cabinet off the slide plate and set aside.
Now you can see the way it works and make slight adjustment to the latches or replace any broken ones. To really lube the slide plate rollers you need to remove the slide assembly, flip it over and lube it. I just sprayed a cloud of dry silicon on mine without removing it. It's really much easier then it sounds..
Here's a pic of the plate,sorry I don't have one of just the latches.
Hope this helps!

JohnClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190321_112916816.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	245700
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorse1 View Post
Tom
On my 2015 the island cabinet is held in locked position by 3 standard cabinet latches... just the same setup as on any other cabinet in the rig. They are located on the slide plate at the very back of the cabinet and are only accessable by removing the island cabinet. I'll bet there is a problem with latch alingment. If yours is simaler to mine, it's pretty easy to remove the island cabinet. Just 4 sheet metal screws hold the cabinet to the slide. Access is from inside the cabinet with the bottom drawer removed.While your down there, mark the underside where the cabinet sits by drawing a pencil line around the plate so you can line the cabinet back up when you reattach things. Now lift the empty cabinet off the slide plate and set aside.
Now you can see the way it works and make slight adjustment to the latches or replace any broken ones. To really lube the slide plate rollers you need to remove the slide assembly, flip it over and lube it. I just sprayed a cloud of dry silicon on mine without removing it. It's really much easier then it sounds..
Here's a pic of the plate,sorry I don't have one of just the latches.
Hope this helps!

JohnAttachment 245700
He just said his main problem is after it releases from the latches.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
He just said his main problem is after it releases from the latches.
Right you are!...
Then my guess would be that the sheet metal screws holding the cabinet to the slide are rubbing on the mechanism ...mine were...I replaced the 1 1/2" Entegra installed screws with 1 " Two of the originals had been broken off by the slide action. But hey! The island worked fine! Maybe Tom could try removing 1 screw at a time and test to see if it's binding. If not, it's removal time!
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:33 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yes, the problem is after the pull-out is free from the catches. I don't mind those being tight as it prevent the pull-out cabinet from coming out during transit. Once it is free it is difficult to pull. I have had it out all the way and removed from the base slide out tray. I put in shorter screws though I did not see any indication they were causing a problem. As soon as I get a newspaper to protect the floor and couch, I going to try what Gary mentioned using spray lubricant. Quicker than taking the cabinet out.

I was hoping someone had a Ah-Ha moment and found a better tray that would fit the existing space.