Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2019, 03:54 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Turning on floor heat

Okay. We are done with our PDI and into the new 2019 Aspire.

There are two things I still don't understand.
First, how do I turn on the floor heat ?
Second, I'm finding I'm not a fan of the macerator dump hose. I don't like putting it back into its' compartment with water in the line, and I can't walk the water out, even with the drain valve open. I'm considering only using a standard 3 inch stinky slinky.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2019, 04:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Okay. We are done with our PDI and into the new 2019 Aspire.

There are two things I still don't understand.
First, how do I turn on the floor heat ?
Second, I'm finding I'm not a fan of the macerator dump hose. I don't like putting it back into its' compartment with water in the line, and I can't walk the water out, even with the drain valve open. I'm considering only using a standard 3 inch stinky slinky.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Can't help the Macerator problem but as for the floor heat it is provided by a Propane Furnace. Got GAS? Set t-stat to heat, (Furnace if you have Heat Pumps A/C's) Heat pumps work with the A/C's. Fan to auto and desired temp. That should do it.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:19 AM   #3

Ken, go here for a different solution to the OEM plumbing. I’ve been using this for just over 2 years without issue..

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/mace...-275899-9.html

Regarding the floor heat, you control floor heat with Zone 2 on the thermostat.

Turn the Burner on as the electric element isn’t sufficient in cold temps. Then adjust the temp upward to a few degrees above what you’re normally comfortable with. Set the mode to Gas Heat and cycle until the fan is not High, Low, or Auto and the only heat will come from the Aquahot. If you leave it on Auto, or another setting, the Roof A/C Heat Pumps may run.

Congratulations and good luck.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:28 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulation and welcome, still learning my 19 as well.

Macerator hose, disconnect the cam lock at the MH side of the hose to release the vacuum, the water will empty just like a slinky. Several post on doing a quick release head using cam locks thanks to s Seeg. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/mace...ml#post4220419
This will let you see if the tank is clean on back flushing, and removing the head makes the hose easier to handle putting back. Also be VERY careful using the plastic door. I use the bottom hatch in the compartment to route the hose out and will be installing the spring mod that was just posted to the door today. Thanks to Oneknight http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/mace...ed-426583.html

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:08 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Can't help the Macerator problem but as for the floor heat it is provided by a Propane Furnace. Got GAS? Set t-stat to heat, (Furnace if you have Heat Pumps A/C's) Heat pumps work with the A/C's. Fan to auto and desired temp. That should do it.

It is unfortunate that people try to help in the Entegra forum who do not know about Entegras. The 2019 Aspire does not have propane.
To get floor heat turn on Zone 2 to Gas and have AquaHot burner on. Set Zone 2 thermostat to higher than others. Be prepared to wait a long time as tile does not heat
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:18 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ken, I don’t understand problem with the macerator hose unless you have left that big black thing screwed on the gray end as shown in picture. With the large cap removed, just lift macerator hose coming out of compartment slightly higher than the door and it will drain. Can’t do anything about what is on the hose going up to compartment but as long as you rinse with gray water should not be a problem.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:23 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Ken, I don’t understand problem with the macerator hose unless you have left that big black thing screwed on the gray end as shown in picture. With the large cap removed, just lift macerator hose coming out of compartment slightly higher than the door and it will drain. Can’t do anything about what is on the hose going up to compartment but as long as you rinse with gray water should not be a problem.
The 19's have a quick release cam lock at the end of the hose in the compartment that makes disconnecting easy now. No more walking the hose over and over. I was going to make an adapter until I looked......didn't need it.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:38 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the family! Hope you love your 19 Aspire as much as we love ours. I handle our floor heat a little differently apparently. It is zone 2, set to gas heat, no blower - but we keep ours set a little lower than we would the regular forced air heat. When we set it to the same or higher, it cooks us to well done. We like it warm so when using the forced air heat we usually have it set at 74. If we kick in the floor heat, anything over 68 is too hot. It does take about 12-24 hours to get to full heat but it is very effective. If you set it higher than the rest of your heat, my guess is you'll be backing it down as soon as it gets to temp. When we have the floor heat on and at temp, we rarely need anything else.

As far as the macerator goes, I can't comment except that Rick hasn't had any issues getting it to drain - and I don't believe he ever disconnects it from the coach, even momentarily. He loves it - our stinky slinky has never been used. That could change once we make a trip that involves a long term stay in one location but in our travels last summer - over 8200 miles in 4 months - he only used the macerator.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
It is unfortunate that people try to help in the Entegra forum who do not know about Entegras. The 2019 Aspire does not have propane.
To get floor heat turn on Zone 2 to Gas and have AquaHot burner on. Set Zone 2 thermostat to higher than others. Be prepared to wait a long time as tile does not heat
What's unfortunate is I have helped people that called the "furnace heat" "Floor heat" VS ceiling heat pumps. Too bad we all don't speak the same language.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:54 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
What's unfortunate is I have helped people that called the "furnace heat" "Floor heat" VS ceiling heat pumps. Too bad we all don't speak the same language.

Very true cavie. In this case the question was about floor heat that works with circulating hot water under the floor when selecting Zone 2. Zone 1 and 3 provide forced air heating. It is confusing that all these work when HEAT GAS is selected even though no gas is involved. They all use AquaHot heat. Ceiling heat pumps function when HEAT ELEC is selected.
Thanks for your efforts to help everyone. It is difficult when there are so many differences between models and years.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:48 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Thanks to all who replied !!

I understand it now and will work on the macerator hose later.......

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, heat